Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Neat, the Cyno quest is open, I had forgotten about it

Remember that Nahida can read minds in Sumeru!

I stopped doing this when I realized they never had anything interesting to say, or it was just "..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i know it's part of the whole joke with Fischl that she's a weirdo cosplaying as a german princess but it still causes me physical pain whenever Oz says "Main Fraulein"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

AMY

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

There are two misses of the JP dub. The first is that Fischl doesn't use gratuitous badly pronounced German and the second is not having Ray Chase.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
EN fischl is really spot on. I'll actually let her lines play out when she's a weekly card game opponent. Lufschluss Von Narfidort.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is scaramouche useful on any teams?

I kinda wanted him a while ago but I never hear anything about him which says a lot to me. It's almost like he... never existed. :aaaaa:

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Came back to the game after dropping it since early Sumeru, and Klee Mono Pyro Crew still clears one side of 36 Abyss with little stress. I assumed that my teams would be powercrept hard, but they held up great! I’m excited about Imaginarium but worried that being on tablet controls will catch up with me.

Trying to catch up on content has been super disorienting. Any recommendations on side content that are must dos, or skips, since 3.1ish? I’ve been warned away from the really long side quest in Sumeru so far.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Sanctum posted:

Is scaramouche useful on any teams?

I kinda wanted him a while ago but I never hear anything about him which says a lot to me. It's almost like he... never existed. :aaaaa:

Wanderer isn't a character you drop into a team, he's like Xiao in that you build a team around him.

Since I don't have c6 Faruzan (his best support), I've basically only built him with his bespoke set and use him to help zip around the overworld. He's the best at completely obviating any kind of platforming challenge.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I have a C0 Faruzan & a level 20 Xiao with 103 wishes saved up. Surely this isn't a horrible waste of resources for two 5* banner characters I've really got no intention on using. There's no way I end up just pulling more copies of the already C6 Beidou I've unlocked

They've really gotta make some of these super niche support characters like Faruzan, Sara, and Gorou a little easier to get than just praying you hit them when they're on-banner.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm hearing rumblings that the graphics upgrade coming with Natlan/5.0 is going to be rough on mobile/PS4 players but I'm not sure why because surely they'd just tone things down for those platforms like they have so far. I mean PC and PS5 got volumetric clouds and mobile/PS4 didn't so why would it be different?

Basically what could they do to make the game less playable on older platforms aside from something that absolutely requires an SSD?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Stare-Out posted:

I'm hearing rumblings that the graphics upgrade coming with Natlan/5.0 is going to be rough on mobile/PS4 players but I'm not sure why because surely they'd just tone things down for those platforms like they have so far. I mean PC and PS5 got volumetric clouds and mobile/PS4 didn't so why would it be different?

Basically what could they do to make the game less playable on older platforms aside from something that absolutely requires an SSD?

Yeah, that just sounds weird, especially for a gacha game that wants as many people playing it as possible. I can't imagine them suddenly making it harder for chunks of their player base to enjoy the game.

I'm playing it on PS5 now so I'll be okay, but I was still on a PS4 a few months ago and I would have been pissed if my version started struggling to play a four year old game after a mandatory update

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, that just sounds weird, especially for a gacha game that wants as many people playing it as possible. I can't imagine them suddenly making it harder for chunks of their player base to enjoy the game.

I'm playing it on PS5 now so I'll be okay, but I was still on a PS4 a few months ago and I would have been pissed if my version started struggling to play a four year old game after a mandatory update

From what I recall from playing it on a PS4 up until Inazuma when I got a PS5 I remember there were some framerate issues and loading times were downright horrendous. The volumetric clouds are really lovely but only in a small part of Liyue from what I can tell. It really doesn't make much sense to have a game become less playable through patches rather than a whole new entry like a sequel.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Stare-Out posted:

From what I recall from playing it on a PS4 up until Inazuma when I got a PS5 I remember there were some framerate issues and loading times were downright horrendous. The volumetric clouds are really lovely but only in a small part of Liyue from what I can tell. It really doesn't make much sense to have a game become less playable through patches rather than a whole new entry like a sequel.

I played through most of Fontaine on PS4, and they actually did some updates to improve performance, so things were fine for me as of February when I finally upgraded.

PS5 version is way better, but the PS4 version is still very playable, save for some floors in SA where the poo poo on screen would slow the game down

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

They've really gotta make some of these super niche support characters like Faruzan, Sara, and Gorou a little easier to get than just praying you hit them when they're on-banner.

Gorou is free from the current Arataki Rockin' for Life event. And I feel for you, I've pulled 100% Beidou so far..

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Shinji2015 posted:

The way I read the announcement it's just locking you to lower settings (which on playstation in particular doesn't matter because it has fewer graphics options compared to mobile/pc anyway).

They have made it a bit less bad. I'm pretty sure that one statue in liyue on a floating platform doesn't load me in before the floating platform anymore, for instance. The annoying sound bug where it takes a bit for sounds to load in after you enter a domain/teleport is back though.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually went and installed Genshin on my PS5 like yesterday to at some point see if the PS5 controller works better than my gamepad.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I just put 30 wishes into Baizhu’s banner and got: Jean, Baizhu, 4 Laylas, 1 Faruzan, and 1 Xiangling. Oh yeah and I started at 0 pity!! I will never be this lucky again.

Tbh, I’m most excited by those Laylas (now at C5) — I’ve just recently brought her out of storage and built her up, and her shield is amaaaazing. Even at C1 Neuvillette still gets interrupted sometimes, but not anymore with this narcoleptic elf(???) girl by his side.

If you are woefully Zhongli-less like me (one day my prince will come :allears:) and in need of a shielder ~~don’t cry, give Layla a try!~~

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Why give me Lumine's level 80-90 unlock ascension materials if I have to be adventure level 50 to use them!?

But yeah :toot: World Rank 6!!!!

Still on the Liyue MSQ. :negative: My desire to bring everyone in my A and B Teams to 70 has slowed be down a bit.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Is there a particular EM break point that is recommended for melt or vape teams? My Arle is doing pretty good numbers, but she's got very little EM, and I'm wondering if swapping a support unit to instructor would be a meaningful boost.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think for Vape/Melt around 300-400 post-buff EM is about enough, going for any more than that becomes not really worth it. Instructor is definitely a good thing to use because it's basically free EM for your main carry that they don't have to stat for.

EDIT: I think I've read that you don't really need to get more than 350ish EM on a carry Yae, and Yae actually benefits from EM scaling, but Yae is also generally doing Aggravate which works differently from Vaporize and Melt. I've found 300ish on Diluc or Arlecchino is plenty to do some real meaty Vapes though.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 18, 2024

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Nakar posted:

I think for Vape/Melt around 300-400 post-buff EM is about enough, going for any more than that becomes not really worth it. Instructor is definitely a good thing to use because it's basically free EM for your main carry that they don't have to stat for.

EDIT: I think I've read that you don't really need to get more than 350ish EM on a carry Yae, and Yae actually benefits from EM scaling, but Yae is also generally doing Aggravate which works differently from Vaporize and Melt. I've found 300ish on Diluc or Arlecchino is plenty to do some real meaty Vapes though.

I feel like the breakpoint was around 300–350 for hu tao, ages ago. I think it probably depends slightly on who's doing the vaping/melting, if only because they probably want some other stat as well depending on how and with what they scale. But that also probably doesn't matter too much, and if you want an actual number for anything you have to trudge into the whoever-mains reddits, because genshin guides are allergic to giving ballpark numbers for anything that isn't ER.

This new windtrace feels super stacked against the rebels, not a fan. Also because it means I need to do something, rather than find a nice corner to hide in for two minutes

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Nakar posted:

Hopefully my boss drops give me more instructors then, I've been melting down all of my 4* artifacts for two years now....folks, save your good exile and instructor pieces!

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

How are y'all handling the 12-1 Spiral Abyss? I can get through the triple-Maguus in about 1:20 but the last two enemies that spawn on the 2nd half of that floor take me loving forever to burn down and I can't figure out what I'm missing. They just have massive health pools and take so much time!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Overwhelming violence/hyperbloom+aggravate. This phase felt easier than last phase, for some reason.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Harvey Baldman posted:

How are y'all handling the 12-1 Spiral Abyss? I can get through the triple-Maguus in about 1:20 but the last two enemies that spawn on the 2nd half of that floor take me loving forever to burn down and I can't figure out what I'm missing. They just have massive health pools and take so much time!
This won't be any help to you, but I kill the first half in 15 seconds with C3R1 Neuvillette and then just kind of struggle with those two loving Operatives on the back half and their absurd HP.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, being able to completely nuke the first half helps a lot. Otherwise I have a pretty easy time keeping the Operatives stunlocked with a Wanderer/Faruzan team, and you can abuse a bit of fall damage from juggling them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Harvey Baldman posted:

Yeah they're just hard. Haitham hyperbloom is a good team to kill them with if you have it.

Different floor but want to mention that the Coppelius this abyss can have its cryo shield broken by a normal attack from furina that triggers her ousia thing (true of all coppeliuses, I just didnt do it until this cycle).

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I didn't have any trouble with the Itto event using PC controls. You just have to kind keybindings that feel natural for you

Harvey Baldman posted:

This abyss was pretty challenging and I'm not sure how I'd manage 12-1 if my account was a year younger and without so many decked out 5* characters.

I haven't actually gotten a single-pass 36* clear on this abyss. I've used different teams to clear 12-1 and 12-3 because of the particular challenges those chambers pose. 12-1 need a fuckload of damage the and 12-3 you need all the elemental application in the world (or burgeon. Burgeon is basically that.)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm 4 for 5 in wins in this stupid windtrace game lol.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Nakar posted:

This won't be any help to you, but I kill the first half in 15 seconds with C3R1 Neuvillette and then just kind of struggle with those two loving Operatives on the back half and their absurd HP.

Is there a trick to keep the Maguu from scattering all over the loving place? I could kill 'em faster if they didn't immediately zoom off to different corners of the arena.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Harvey Baldman posted:

Is there a trick to keep the Maguu from scattering all over the loving place? I could kill 'em faster if they didn't immediately zoom off to different corners of the arena.

Dodging to the left at the start can help with this. Sevy shows it at this timestamp in her abyss guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cscue_n8mgY&t=463s

Sevy's guides are generally very good, and I'd recommend them to anyone having trouble in the abyss.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Abyss this time around is a bit harder than last time since the buff is much worse but the strat is the same.

Side 2 is the big problem. You NEED to be able to break down electro shields specifically, and being able to take down the baptist on 12-3-2 quickly will also help make dealing with the annoying 12-3-1 mobs less stressfull. There are 2 main sets of elements for making this less annoying: Hydro/Pyro (Vape) and Dendro/Electro/Hydro (Hyperbloom). In these elements, Benny or Nahida are useful for breaking thru the 12-1-2 Electro lector shields while still giving you teambuilding flexibility for the other floors.

In comparison side 1 is pretty simple. The only hot tip is that you can use a Furina normal attack to instantly break the coppelius shield. But a related tip is that if you don't have her, if you finish the Narzissenkruz world questline you can get a sword that can also give any sword user an Ousia attack. You can use it on some support like Xingqiu or DMC or Layla or whatever to move thru the boss quicker. You want to aim for a sub-minute clear on each of the bosses in order to have time to deal with the annoying mob floors.

Personal teams used: Raiden/Furina/Yelan/Xianyun, Arlecchino/Xingqiu/Zhongli/Bennett
The reason being: I didn't actually want to do abyss this time around so I ran 2 button mash carries with full interrupt resistance :effort:

Also good side 1: Any carry team with Furina, any pyro main dps except maybe Yoimiya since 12-3 might be annoying, Rational (with Narzissenkruz Xingqiu if you want but that's pretty overkill)
Also good side 2: Alhaitham spreadbloom, any hyperbloom configuration with Nahida, national team

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Honestly this abyss made me want to shelve Arle until they release that non-circle non-healer Benny replacement that they're totally gonna release this year (real). Zhongli is a fine sustain for her and Benny circle in mob floors is truly annoying.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don't heal with Arle at all. Her burst does that for you. Worth noting that there's no reason not to use your burst near the end of a floor.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

This abyss sucked and I hated it. My wrists were screaming at me when I was finally done, which is never a good sign.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I've ran Thoma as Arle pyro support and it was a comfy clear.

the damage requirements on the bot side weren't too bad so his extra pyro procs helped a lot with the enemy shields and he kept everyone safe.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

librarerun posted:

This abyss sucked and I hated it. My wrists were screaming at me when I was finally done, which is never a good sign.

Like I'm not really doing Abyss content other than going to like, Floor 5 for the rewards from the adventure journal, but I defnitely hate it how often combat in Genshin makes my hand kinda numb at the base of the index finger.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Abyss stress is unneccessary because you can replay it infinite time. If you don't get it this time, you'll get it the next.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

You're never too young for carpel tunnel damage! Doing a few simple hand stretches as you're gaming will definitely help though. Look up "artist hand stretches", a lot of those will apply to keyboard/controller use. Trust me, you don't want that occasional tingling/numbness/pain to become permanent :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I'm constantly like stretching my hands now whenever i play Genshin.

In any case, there's something really funny about how willing and eager Lumine and Paimon are to play hard ball for the Commerce Guild threatening peoples kneecaps. :D