Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Final Update: :parrot: Episode 104! :parrot:

:frogsiren: No spoilers for Dark Souls II allowed! This also means NO SPOILER TAGS :frogsiren:

You guys know what this game is, I’m sure. Or at the very least, someone has hollered in your listening-hole about its lore or why it’s great or it’s bad or whatever.

It started off with FromSoftware’s King’s Field games! Dark, atmospheric, mostly ugly dungeon crawlers. Early on in the PS3’s life, From made Demon’s Souls (which grabbed my attention as it’s basically a third-person King’s Field). Demon’s had a cult following of sorts, but Dark Souls is where things really started popping. #2 came out maybe a year after I wrapped up the first LP! By this point, there’s Bloodborne and now Dark Souls III! Oh goodness, so far behind.

Why LP this one? Well, I ain’t skipping ahead! Also, we ended on a cliffhanger!

HEY! This is a blind LP, just like the last shitshow. Joining me from the very beginning are my pals Vicas, Kuvo, and Squint! Of them, it sounds as though Vicas has the freshest memory of what’s going on (but they could all be lying to me). Apparently the DLC re-shuffled a lot of enemy placements and encounters! Exciting!

This LP itself is going to be handled using the PS4 release, which bundled everything together, DLC and all! Also, I goofed up the first session (system setup thing un-did itself), so it isn’t 60FPS; the source video quality also took a hit. Youtube muddies this already muddy game up quite a lot. I recommend downloading the source video, if possible! Particularly after episode 6!

As of episode 69, this is being captured on the PC!

My pals have a few things going on at the moment, as well! Kuvo will probably be starting another LP soon-ish. Vicas and his wife also stream very frequently! Thirdly, there’s Kuvo’s long-running, weekly ANIME NITE monstrosity. Details for of those can be found on Twitter!

((No-Music version for German viewers!))

Geop fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

oops, forgot to post this

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
geop whens dark souls 3

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nice

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Nice.

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012
Nice

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Kuvo posted:

geop whens dark souls 3

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Nice.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

nice.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
:nice:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nice

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

nice

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Nice.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad to see you didn't go hollow.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ground floor. Nice!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

:stoked:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Greetings, fellow ex-Let's Play moderator.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Nice.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Holy poo poo. I hope things find you well and things continue to be well. (also nice)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

What a wonderful nice surprise! Good to see you back, Geop.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Magnificent chest ahead! Nice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neat

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Don't give up, skeleton

Love to see you back in action.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 16, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
My reaction to seeing this thread was equal parts :aaaaa: and :woop: with a dash of :pcgaming:
Welcome back!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

geop where's ds2, bloodborne, ds3, sekiro, and the demon souls remake

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nice

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Welcome back!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I apologize to the thread for posting Neat before. I should have posted Nito.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I apologize to the thread for posting Neat before. I should have posted Nito.

That reminds me Geop when’s Nioh

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

welcome back! i feel like i've fallen into a time warp watching this, but it's comforting :fluffy:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Well, this was certainly unexpected!

I hope you have fun with the rest of the LP, Geop. I'm glad to see y'all back :)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
nice

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
He returns! :getin:

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
Nice

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
:nice:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I was just thinking about this LP the other day for some reason and wondering if it would ever return, so...

Nice.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nice

also good to know Geop and friends are still alive in Hellscape 2020

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
The first Dark Souls LP is one of my favourite LP's of all time and I still go back to it once a year or two. I held out on this as it was unfinished and I believed to be abandoned. Since then I've played and completed the first Dark Souls a couple of times and then Dark Souls 2 once. I'm going to start this from episode one for the first time. I hope by episode sixty-nine I get to see some more fun facts such as these:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Nice

seeing y'all posting again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Nice

day for a comeback.