Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Here's a thread for brainstorming ideas for the Next Big indie game

King Of the Lite FM Airways:

Congratulations! You've just landed your dream job as DJ of your local lite fm radio station! But don't stop now! You're just getting started! Start out at the night time slot and work your way up to THE morning show DJ! Maintain listener interest without paying too much Kenny G royalties! Manage your muscle relaxer habit so you can sound smoooooooooooth but not dead! Show that jerk Jerry how a real DJ spins an Air Supply power hour! The throne is yours! Become KING OF THE LITE FM AIRWAYS!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Indie Game Developer: The Game
Play as coder, artist, story writer. Additional classes open up as you gain levels. Start your distribution on obscure backwater developer forums. Start a Patreon page. Work towards getting something that you can publish on Steam. Port it to console. Try to achieve the ultimate goal of Sell Out by selling the IP to a major game studio, while avoiding the deadly Burn Out!

alexandriao

A hack and slash game, but you're dependent on amphetamines!! find sources of them (from poor students with adhd) and guzzle down the sweet sweet stimulants!! now includes the old folks home dlc!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's a dating sim but you never get a date

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

super sweet best pal

Point & click adventure game full of BYOB references.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
An inverted creepypasta that removes scares the more you play it.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Game where you, (now here me out), get some dwarves, (bear with me), and those dwarves, (don't dismiss out of hand now) live out their lives (please don't hang up) in a gated community

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

A squad based game where you control gnomes and climb/attack drunk people wandering into your forest and stepping/vomiting/pissing on your lil toadstool houses

Finger Prince

RickRogers posted:

Game where you, (now here me out), get some dwarves, (bear with me), and those dwarves, (don't dismiss out of hand now) live out their lives (please don't hang up) in a gated community

Speak to the security guard, friend, and enter.

Prurient Squid

A text adventure where one word gets randomly removed from the vocabulary list every turn.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Finger Prince posted:

Indie Game Developer: The Game
Play as coder, artist, story writer. Additional classes open up as you gain levels. Start your distribution on obscure backwater developer forums. Start a Patreon page. Work towards getting something that you can publish on Steam. Port it to console. Try to achieve the ultimate goal of Sell Out by selling the IP to a major game studio, while avoiding the deadly Burn Out!

i'm into this but it has to be a doom-style FPS

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Finger Prince

Highly non-specific text adventure, where commands can be as vague as "do the thing with the thing".

RickRogers

Sims like vr game where everything you do in game gets replicated in real life which then gets replicated in game which gets replicated in real life which then gets replicated in game which gets replicated in real life which then gets replicated in game which gets replicated in real life which then gets replicated in game which gets replicated in real life which then gets replicated in game which

E. Then you vomit

super sweet best pal

Game where you're a martial artist going around to all the martial arts schools challenging the masters to combat to prove you're the best but it's in modern times and you're fighting people who teach kids taekwondo at the mall.

alexandriao

gane where you're a computer it guy in an office but the game is the persons computer you're trying to fix so you spend the entire game clicking "shut down" in game which closes the game, and then reopening the game, and hoping it gets you to the next level

super sweet best pal

I was going to suggest a modern era RPG where you dick around but I guess that'd be the new Yakuza game.

FutonForensic

great new game where you upload photos of departed family pets, who are summoned in-game as spirits who list every embarrassing thing you've ever done

FutonForensic

great game where you help a tiny but extremely virile man escape a pit using a new fluid dynamics system i call the CUMM Engine

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Minecraft, but before you start mining, you have to lobby local politicians to repeal environmental protection laws.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Horrible Butts
VR Headset Removal Simulator 2020
You motion with your hands like you’re taking off your headset to reveal hundreds of nested bespoke gamer dens and living rooms.

https://giant.gfycat.com/sillyremorsefuldipper.webm
Thank you Prof. Crocodile for the fun festive winter sig!
Arcane gob born of Khanstant's goblin gumball machine!

Call Your Grandma

Harvest moon but you're farming for posts and your house is made up of your favourite posts and so is your cat (or dog if that's what you prefer).

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RickRogers

Literally the matrix

E. But maybe pixel art?

Escape From Noise

An ARG that uses your phone's camera to take spooky ghost pictures

Finger Prince

RickRogers posted:

Literally the matrix

E. But maybe pixel art?

But with voxels.

RickRogers

Finger Prince posted:

But with voxels.

:hmmyes:

Also rogue-lite.

Escape From Noise

RickRogers posted:

I forgot to empty quote this!

Escape From Noise

A sci fi horror survival game set in your step dad's house

FutonForensic

sick game where you loving DIE 💀💀💀

Finger Prince

FutonForensic posted:

But with voxels

Horrible Butts
a fishing game where it takes a long time

https://giant.gfycat.com/sillyremorsefuldipper.webm
Thank you Prof. Crocodile for the fun festive winter sig!
Arcane gob born of Khanstant's goblin gumball machine!

Flaggy

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Mario, but like paperboy

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Escape From Noise

FutonForensic posted:

Sick, the game where you die. Of a disease

Prurient Squid

How about a game where if you're alive in reality you're alive in the game.

RickRogers

I propose a game that has a properly planned development cycle, comes out when promised(without crunch), has all features included on day one and does not have any pre-order bonuses.

Why are you all looking at me like that?

FutonForensic

yelling at my programmer to add more "verisimilitude" so much that i have to go to the hospital

google THIS

Something that turns an established game genre on its head, but in a way that's more tedious than fun, like a first-person "unshooter" where you go around removing bullets from corpses, after which they get up and run away from you backwards until they forget about your existence. At the end the whole thing turns out to be a metaphor for the lead developer breaking up with their girlfriend or something.

Prurient Squid

Strip Minesweeper.

e: dang it, it turns out this already exists about a billion times over :( back to the drawing board.

super sweet best pal

Erotic visual novel that emails your family and lets them know your choices.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

super sweet best pal posted:

Erotic visual novel that emails your family and lets them know your choices.
lmao

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

the player is god and gets to decide what the rules are for going to heaven and hell and then it tells you whos there - like ghandi is in hell now or whatver because he commited parsimony or something. its a game that will really make people think.