Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Anime Expo is here! With it, a sweaty maelstrom of Otaku (fans of japanimation) lands on the LA Convention Center (the one from Face/Off). It's been 2 years since they've had one like this because of covid.

Just look at this crowd!

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1542912042255798272

Get ready for the anime virus, folks. Also lol the security will take away your food and eat it so better line up for your $20 snack packs!
https://twitter.com/heatdaken/status/1542909415996772358?s=20&t=wEeRMaH3_uZCKuxJ5jmLFA
https://twitter.com/heatdaken/status/1542980940187766789?s=20&t=wEeRMaH3_uZCKuxJ5jmLFA

To think anime could wreak such havoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Anime sucks and the fans suck on a level that the source material tries in vain to attain

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Irregardless posted:

Anime sucks and the fans suck on a level that the source material tries in vain to attain

u better say except DBZ right now. :mad:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Nobody respects anime fans, not even the companies that make merchandise aimed at them, that's why those companies will charge $300 for a DVD box set that's just 10 episodes and force the fans to eat ramen to afford all the stuff they want to buy.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

isn't it more correct to call it the "Japanimation Expo"? it's from japan right?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Sourdough Sam posted:

Anime Expo is here! With it, a sweaty maelstrom of Otaku (fans of japanimation) lands on the LA Convention Center (the one from Face/Off). It's been 2 years since they've had one like this because of covid.

Just look at this crowd!

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1542912042255798272

Get ready for the anime virus, folks. Also lol the security will take away your food and eat it so better line up for your $20 snack packs!
https://twitter.com/heatdaken/status/1542909415996772358?s=20&t=wEeRMaH3_uZCKuxJ5jmLFA
https://twitter.com/heatdaken/status/1542980940187766789?s=20&t=wEeRMaH3_uZCKuxJ5jmLFA

To think anime could wreak such havoc.

lmao

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I wonder if there are any juggalo anime fans who will get the anime variant and then bring it to the gathering to create the anime juggalo variant.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Anime is stupid poo poo for children, and these people deserve what they get.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sourdough Sam posted:

DBZ is not the exception.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I went 12 entire hours without eating a bag of Doritos and died because of anime

Is what I want on my own tombstone

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anime is good. However giant crowds, long lines, and summer heat all suck so I'm not going.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Meme Poker Party posted:

Anime is good. However giant crowds, long lines, and summer heat all suck so I'm not going.

When I saw the title of this thread - I was honestly surprised you were not the OP.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Only lame-os get the anime COVID variant. Cool people catch the cosplayer monkeypox variant from exclusive after parties.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think its always been like this because the company that runs it is complete poo poo

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Came down with a nasty case of waifupox

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

When I saw the title of this thread - I was honestly surprised you were not the OP.

Lots of people like anime, not just me!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
im for reals going to this tomorrow lol. its gonna be...somethin alright.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

buglord posted:

im for reals going to this tomorrow lol. its gonna be...somethin alright.

Make sure you use protection

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sourdough Sam posted:

Anime sucks and the fans suck on a level that the source material tries in vain to attain, except DBZ which not only attains but exceeds

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
If I'm getting a one-hour unpaid lunch and have to deal with stinky cosplay dorks for 8+ hours, I'ma also take that full one hour to the last second. Nerds.

Edit: We're going to get a new covid variant out of this, aren't we? BA.KEMONO.1.1.

PITY BONER fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 2, 2022

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I tried to get into anime cuz one punch man rules but it turns out that the other stuff is real loving bad. Anyway cya at the convention!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hardcore anime fans having trouble interacting with people in real life??

Well I never! *monocle pops off*

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

How are u posted:

Anime is stupid poo poo for manchildren, and these people deserve what they get.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
See ya there

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Nerd

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The anime variants turns you into a vtuber

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
seems like the anime fans are being treated with the appropriate amount of respect

also lol at complaining that you're in danger of blacking out due to starvation because you've gone a couple of hours without eating

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I mean if someone's running a booth I'm pretty sure they're there all day and not just a few hours, also it's just hilariously lovely to charge $20 for two vending machine snack bags and some dodgy-looking muffins

but lmao at any conventions running at all, especially at that size. lmfao that this still happened after the con organizers tried to remove covid safety protocols and got shamed into backtracking.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Lmao, I am guessing blacked out means "had a large hissy fit".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Leták Doritos withdrawal :sad:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/c_enpai/status/1542954122151731201?t=4dKt8i-4cxUjZ4PL29Y1uQ&s=19

stdh.txt

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't see the reason to dismiss complaints that very well may be legitimate of how the expo is being managed. Yeah they attendee's and workers aren't any Darfur war orphans, but no need to mock people being unable to get food or drink for long periods of time.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Don't you love it when everyone gangs up on a woman while ignoring all the awful things men do?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
the staff need to show some decency here and skip lunch. there is merch to sell. if anybody deserves to collapse from a lack of doritos, it isn't the people paying hundreds of dollars for figurines.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
what sort of shots aside from ebola?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Female vendor is a bit rude due to awful working conditions. Meanwhile the male anime fans are trying to molest anything with boobs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The neckbeard in front gets a sandwich. The neckbeard behind him follows. When the neckbeard with the sandwich catches COVID, the neckbeard behind him picks up the sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Poz my neg nose, senpai :blush: