Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

Today's Schedule

National Broadcasts
  • 1:07 pm - Chicago White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays - WGN America
  • 4:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at San Francisco Giants - MLBN
  • 4:10 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers - MLBN
  • 8:05 pm - Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1897 - The Chicago Colts (Cubs) of the National League establish the record for most runs scored in a game by one team when they defeat the Louisville Colonels by a score of 36-7.
  • 1905 - With the Giants leading the Superbas, 11-1, Archibald ‘Moonlight’ Graham makes his major league debut in the bottom of the eighth inning as a defensive replacement in right field at Brooklyn’s Washington Park.
  • 1950 - At Philadelphia's Shibe Park, the Red Sox and the A's combine for an AL record 36 runs, with the Sox defeating the A's 22-14.
  • 1989 - Northwest League Boise Hawks' manager Mal Finchman is suspended for one game for returning to the field after being ejected in the sixth inning disguised as the team's mascot Humphrey the Hawk.

Again, this is phone-posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

That is a LOT of Triple A callups for the Blue Jays.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Joshua can run :swoon:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

BJ Upton...hit a triple?!? :monocle:

PS: Has Aaron Harang gained weight or was he always this beefy?

Pershing fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 29, 2014

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hot drat Freiman crushed that ball

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Jays, stop wasting decent / good pitching performances :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are the Astros a fun team to watch? All this running seems like it'd make them exciting, at least.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Is Melky just getting an off day for rest or is he hurt now too

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
El Toro :woop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Cubs have a loving off day on a sunday

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's apparently the first time this has happened since 1932

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

It's a shame that Buehrle's efforts are going to waste because no one outside of Reyes can hit.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:bunt:

In the 1st loving inning, too. I cant stand Wash

E: HAHAHA That was awesome. Beltre rules

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 29, 2014

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Way to go Santos you let up as many runs in one inning as Buehrle did through 8. Way to reaaallly put this one out of reach for our struggling offense

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Milwaukee's gonna walk all over Toronto.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Oh dear god

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Wilson fell apart that inning god drat.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

check swing double lol

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

CircusMusic.mp3 for the Brewers :laffo:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Pujols out on a standup double that rattles around in the corner. What the gently caress.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Jesus Christ, get lost Albert

Fuckin bum

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:ohdear: Here we go

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like how the play was directly in front of him and he still slowed down when he saw the throw coming.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

What the hell is going on? Down by 1 and they look like they are in gently caress-this-poo poo mode.

Aybar you wee hero

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

god loving damnit blue jays what the gently caress when did you turn into a big steamy pile of poo poo. gently caress.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Pujols is a bum but hell yeah Aybar.

Should be a two run dinger...

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

great defensive play by Beltre

E: CHIRINOS!

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 29, 2014

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wait, the Nats and Cubs just had a double-header and they follow it with a Sunday off-day?

How did that happen?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Reeaallly getting tired of Hosmer's Frenchy impressions at the plate.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh come the gently caress on Pirates

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Raise it :yarr:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Holy poo poo, please stop making the ninth inning so interesting Kimbrel, just strike out the side of let me watch the world cup

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Is it too early to get nervous about a no-hitter?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Arcia with a hell of a catch

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I saw three saxophonists on the Clemente Bridge today. There's a turf war abrewin'

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

hudson's locating his pitches a lot better today, much unlike his last couple starts. good to see

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Blanco you're the worst.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
DFA Gregor Blanco

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Get on base, get caught stealing. The Gregor Blanco Lead-off Experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!

New Concept Hole posted:

Is it too early to get nervous about a no-hitter?

So far it's playing out the same way as the last one (the only baserunner is/was Blanco on a walk).

Color Gray posted:

The only thing that can top this would be Homer Bailey no-hitting them again tomorrow, almost exactly a year after he did it the first time.

• Locked thread