Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Preseason's almost over. 22 guys are getting cut per team. Your team's game ultimately meant nothing but let's talk about it anyway.

The Bengals got a long snapper tackle. Margus hunt had 3.5 sacks. Jeremy Hill got all the yards. OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want to send Bruce Ellington back in time so that he's on the 2011 Niners roster instead of Kyle Williams.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I've been flipping around all night and didn't watch a ton of the KC game. I did see Donald Stephenson who is the actual starting right tackle if he wasn't getting suspended for the first four games get bull rushed to hell by a guy who's on the bubble for the Packers.

Not feeling confident to say the least.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Matt Barkley good, Jets very bad

:tastykake:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks backups may have just won Derek Carr a starting job

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
So long, Alex Henery.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Assorted Niners thoughts:

Obviously he had the pick six, but Josh Johnson really does look worlds more comfortable in the offense than Gabbert. If the worst happens and Kap goes down and Harbaugh puts in Gabbert first, I'd be pissed.

Between their success developing late-round project guys (Brown, Brock, even Culliver was a third rounder who was only a part-time corner in college), getting production out of reclamation projects from other teams (Rogers, Whitner, and now apparently Chris Cook), and the several DBs who have flopped on new teams after leaving as free agents (Goldson, and apparently Brown hasn't been doing very well in Oakland) I'm starting to think that the Niners just secretly have really really good secondary coaching.

That was probably the best I've seen Lamichael James run as a pro, although obviously it's a hell of a lot easier without JJ Watt on the field. It would be nice if he finally put it all together this season.

Having the Giants snatch Odell Beckham from under them before they could trade up and settling for Jimmie Ward and Bruce Ellington might end up being a really really good thing for the Niners. Obviously it's still possible for Beckham's balky hamstrings to heal up and for him to be a great player, but Ward and Ellington are both looking very legit and the trade up to get Beckham probably would have cost them at least some of the picks they used to get Hyde, Martin, and Borland, who are all looking promising as well (or at least Martin did before he got hurt).

I'm trying hard to not get swept up in preseason hype in general, but I'm starting to get really excited about Aaron Lynch.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
This Carr has no brakes choooo choooo

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

the Texans QB situation is going to make the whiskey bar up the road very loving happy on Sundays

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
This Joe Webb guy has real 3rd string QB potential for Carolina.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raider scored 38 points! Usually that takes 3 or 4 games

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Carr II is a probowl caliber QB it will be the funniest thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I ain't even mad, Carr owns

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
THE RAIDERS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL!
GOODELL IS HANDING OVER THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO MARK DAVIS AND REGGIE MCKENZIE!

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

It'd sure make me feel a lot better after that

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Even though it's preseason, the Derek Carr Experience styling on the Seahawks defense is pretty funny.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Bills certainly Bills'd it up today.

also wooo Watkins getting ribbed.

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

The Bills certainly Bills'd it up today.

also wooo Watkins getting ribbed.
I don't know that I've started many seasons having given up on my team like I am this year (and next year since we got no picks). Did the first team offence get a single non garbage time TD this preseason?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Overall preseason experience: if RG3 wasn't the albatross he was he'd probably be cut after that shitshow.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

I legit wanted Carr2 for the texans

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So the Colts will be signing Incognito right? I can't wait going to get him to sign a sandpaper condom. They have no backup oline so even a lovely one is better then nothing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Elephanthead posted:

So the Colts will be signing Incognito right? I can't wait going to get him to sign a sandpaper condom. They have no backup oline so even a lovely one is better then nothing.

It's been a hotly-debated issue among the local sportswriters, but I personally doubt it. He'd be too expensive to be a backup and there really isn't a starting spot open for him at the moment (Thornton has looked better and they probably wouldn't want to cut off Mewhort's development). Whoever they sign has to be able to play tackle as well, which as I understand it is outside Incognito's expertise. On top of that, the Colts locker room probably has the highest concentration of Jonathan Martin's personal friends in the NFL, so it could be especially awkward.

Losing Reitz is a blow, especially given the uncertainty around Xavier Nixon's surgery. I expect them to claim somebody for sure.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
have the packers won the super bowl yet?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will be shocked if Sam makes it to the Rams practice squad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

have the packers won the super bowl yet?

yes, four times

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
God we're gonna suck this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

God we're gonna suck this year

same

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I want to be excited over this Bengals win, but the Colts are a poo poo team + Andrew Luck. And they didn't play Andrew Luck.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

I will be shocked if Sam makes it to the Rams practice squad.

He's looked pretty drat decent. Not sure where that came from.

For Miami - why the hell wasn't Quinn playing?! I thought he was our #3? Instead we had some college 3rd stringer throwing wobbly ducks.

Matt hazel - you might be a good depth guy. Thigpen you are straight up cut dude.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Wasn't Brady Quinn let go?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

shiksa posted:

Overall preseason experience: if RG3 wasn't the albatross he was he'd probably be cut after that shitshow.

He certainly hasn't looked good but he's in a new offense. Give it at least a few more weeks before you give up on the dude.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

I want to be excited over this Bengals win, but the Colts are a poo poo team + Andrew Luck. And they didn't play Andrew Luck.

The Bengals backups haven't looked very good this preseason. The fact that they came out and played well and escaped relatively healthy is a good thing no matter who they played.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I think he means he would get claimed by a pass rush needy team before he got there?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I learned that the Jets punter is godawful. Like seriously the worst punter I can imagine. His name is Quigley too, which also sucks. Send punters our way TIA.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I assume he means someone will claim him if he hits waivers; thus not making it to the Rams' PS.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I learned Tavon Wilson gets picked on every throw by 2nd stringers. Also the Giants made Peyton Hillis carry the ball like a billion times in the 2nd half of that game.

On the plus side, Aaron Dobson looked good coming back from injury, Tim Wright looked solid for a dude who had like two days with the playbook and Josh Kline didn't have any notable fuckups playing the whole game at left guard.

Also so many cornerbacks and so many terrible safeties we're probably just going to move one of them to safety and hopefully throw Patrick Chung into the sun.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

My dog apparently now likes watching football, so I got to see Jimmy G-rap kinda... be average for a night. Had a wounded duck rainbow to Dobson, but otherwise he's a bit too green to their out there just yet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

The Bengals backups haven't looked very good this preseason. The fact that they came out and played well and escaped relatively healthy is a good thing no matter who they played.
I know, but they played well against a lame team. I'm not as happy as everyone else is after a week 4 preseason game, but it is a positive overall.

The floor is still 10-6, though. :getin:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That fast?! I've been kinda busy so not able to keep up but that was quick

Edit yup cut two days ago. Apparently they wanted to see if he could run second team and he failed miserably

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh cool 3rd round DT Khyri Thornton might be put on injured reserve because of a hamstring injury. What is it with the Packers and injuries to defensive linemen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

carr

• Locked thread