Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
New font
Wow its bad
Yeah it sucks
Agreed, its p bad
i like it!! :downs:
View Results

• Locked thread
Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
wow im awful. thanks lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:fuckoff:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you suck

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
sometimes it is okay to hate change

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
basically fonts are for idiots

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who the gently caress keeps messing with the sylesheet anyway? and why?

presumably lowtax is paying someone for this poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

infernal machines posted:

who the gently caress keeps messing with the sylesheet anyway? and why?

presumably lowtax is paying someone for this poo poo

its lowtax

hes paying himself

in comedy gold

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
sa has to stay fresh as it nears its 20th anniversary. just wait until you see all the new Content and Media

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
i like font's and i don't like this.

yospos should license typkit for posting.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its not the worst font as far as i can see. the one in the posting window is bad tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SO DEMANDING posted:

its lowtax

hes paying himself

in comedy gold

lowtax, having run out of potable water in his midwestern command centre, has to survive of goon's rage tears

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the hover menu with forums links broke though, i may never escape yospos again

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

use helvetica, lowtax

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

infernal machines posted:

who the gently caress keeps messing with the sylesheet anyway?

radiums enemy posted:

The main problem is that the CSS should be edited in the forum code, but I'm the only one who can do that and there's no way I can deploy the forum code every time someone wants a little change made. The files have to reside on seven different servers and are subject to a number of different caches which makes editing those files a nightmare even for me. So someone before me made a stub file on a separate FTP server that admins can edit to change the forum CSS, which is why it's always edited live and you see all kinds of weird rear end problems when someone is editing something. It's a terrible scenario but it's what we're stuck with for now.

Lowtax posted:

Mobile legibility and consistency. Previously the forums were a hosed up blend of Verdana and Arial, seemingly chosen at random, and I wanted to unify everything with the same font face, and I figured if I was going to go all out, I might as well switch to something that is easier to read on tablets and mobile devices.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress it. just commit, use comic sans for everything

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
awful.app unaffected, don't care

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
lowtax has to keep the forums "hip" and "cool" for those youngsters with thier smartphones

Posted from my android phone :lol:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol @ live editing the css in a production environment through a rube goldeberg machine. no wonder lowtax has so much trouble with dev turnover.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Hey, here's an idea: what if you could have different font sizes, or even different fonts, when viewing SA on a mobile browser? I know, it seems crazy, huh?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I don't see it. Did I miss it?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

akadajet posted:

phone posting so maybe they changed it back but idk

next up: lowtax moves sa offices to san jose

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

looks like rear end

mostly not monospaced

euughhh how do i change this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

it's been changing constantly and will break differently depending on what browser you're using

loving radium spent 10 years building a minefield and now lowtax is trying to convince some poor sod to go and janitor the mines a bit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lowtax acquihired by Facebook for his community skills, SA to require FB logins with real names

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that would never work. everyone here is named james

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

radiums enemy posted:

The main problem is that the CSS should be edited in the forum code, but I'm the only one who can do that and there's no way I can deploy the forum code every time someone wants a little change made. The files have to reside on seven different servers and are subject to a number of different caches which makes editing those files a nightmare even for me. So someone before me made a stub file on a separate FTP server that admins can edit to change the forum CSS, which is why it's always edited live and you see all kinds of weird rear end problems when someone is editing something. It's a terrible scenario but it's what we're stuck with for now.

There is no reason whatsoever for any of the CSS to be in the forums code. Radium was loving horrible.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

whenever i remote desktop to my work machine from home, it fucks up the fonts for any application running

so when i come in to work the next day, Chrome is rendering everything all pixellated and ugly as poo poo for some reason. shut down Chrome, restart it, and it's fixed. i don't know why Windows does this

anyway, that's what i thought happened when browsing the forums this morning. but i guess this new font is normal?

thanks for reading my story

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

all windows does is disable sub-pixel rendering over RDP, since there's no way of knowing what it's being displayed on you can't ensure that cleartype will even be legible. chrome just keeps using the non-cleartype rendering after the session ends

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what the gently caress why is there a new hosed up font on the forums. get rid of this open sores fonts.

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Shaggar posted:

what the gently caress why is there a new hosed up font on the forums. get rid of this open sores fonts.

lowtax tryin' to modernize and sell. turns out hes like, 10 years too late

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
so when does SA go public so i can invest?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Phoenixan posted:

so when does SA go public so i can invest?

i already own the stock 49% so shaggar is banned

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

seriously. fuckign open sans is a garbage-tier typeface for cheap idiots

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Last Chance posted:

seriously. fuckign open sans is a garbage-tier typeface for cheap idiots

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Libre sans FTW

Silver Alicorn