Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The scrappy football men of Tennessee went to battle for sixteen weeks in the most hazardous conditions. Some would say fighting with no corners and misusing your sexy samoan qb is insane and will be doom for failure BUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HEAD COACH MIKE MULARKEY SAID gently caress Y'ALL WE GONNA EXOTIC SMASHMOUTH THIS HOE TO VICTORY. THEY WON NINE OF THOSE GAMES :smug::snoop: :smuggo: :parrot: :smugdog: They did this by the perfect can do no wrong young man Taylor Lewan leading the charge into turning the offensive line into one of the best all-round units in the league. Rak the Geico man and Derrick no not the dude from criminal minds Morgan ravaged opposing teams week in week out with a combination of 19.5 sacks. Redzone Breadzone Mariota making himself into a god amongst men when in the redzone by throwing 18 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Cutting the worst corner (Cox) and worst special teams coach (April) in the league in the middle of the season. Most importantly of all, they ran the drat ball with Demarco lmao phili you are so loving stupid giving him up for free Murray and Derrick the one good bama back Henry. THE TENNESSEE TITANS ARE BACK TO THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN MEDIOCRITY GET THE gently caress IN BITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Metapod posted:

The scrappy football men of Tennessee went to battle for sixteen weeks in the most hazardous conditions. Some would say fighting with no corners and misusing your sexy samoan qb is insane and will be doom for failure BUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HEAD COACH MIKE MULARKEY SAID gently caress Y'ALL WE GONNA EXOTIC SMASHMOUTH THIS HOE TO VICTORY. THEY WON NINE OF THOSE GAMES :smug::snoop: :smuggo: :parrot: :smugdog: They did this by the perfect can do no wrong young man Taylor Lewan leading the charge into turning the offensive line into one of the best all-round units in the league. Rak the Geico man and Derrick no not the dude from criminal minds Morgan ravaged opposing teams week in week out with a combination of 19.5 sacks. Redzone Breadzone Mariota making himself into a god amongst men when in the redzone by throwing 18 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Cutting the worst corner (Cox) and worst special teams coach (April) in the league in the middle of the season. Most importantly of all, they ran the drat ball with Demarco lmao phili you are so loving stupid giving him up for free Murray and Derrick the one good bama back Henry. THE TENNESSEE TITANS ARE BACK TO THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN MEDIOCRITY GET THE gently caress IN BITCHES

gz titans and titans fans, I wish you all the very best in the coming year

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I am happy for Titans fans :)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Gonna celebrate with a nice meal and some video games at Dave & Buster's

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Metapod posted:

:yeah:

Titans bitch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Am I..... the Houston Texans?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Chichevache posted:

Am I..... the Houston Texans?

They couldnt handle legendary gun slinger Matt Cassel

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

EROTIC SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL WORKS

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Metapod posted:

TITANS BITCH

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

They couldnt handle legendary gun slinger Matt Cassel

5 years later and Matt Cassel is still losing Romeo Crennel games.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
And the TItans get the Rams' first and third round picks this year, which I think are picks #5 and #69.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm happy for you all, but gently caress a Duck always.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What's the Titans' record when you convert from AFCS W/L to regular NFL W/L?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

opposable thumbs.db posted:

And the TItans get the Rams' first and third round picks this year, which I think are picks #5 and #69.

nice

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

What's the Titans' record when you convert from AFCS W/L to regular NFL W/L?

I mean, considering they went 2-4 against the AFCS possibly better?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hate this "my team did one good thing so I need to start a thread" trend

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
This thread is the poo poo imo

Also not to upstage the OP but Shaun Alexander was kinda good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
But seriously, draft a drat cornerback this year, Tennessee, because holy hell.

How many times did they let Brock march up the field. BROCK.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans need 2-3 corners either in the draft or FA. They have lots of cap room but can't go too crazy because both Mariota and Lewan's rookie contracts are up after 2017 and both are gonna get hella paid.

I trust in Jim Rob because all the moves he made last year turned out really well.

Finally some optimism in Nashville. :)

Titans. Bitch.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

one good thing

ONE

GOOD

THING

Sir the titans did more than one good thing they did many many good things. They conquered the scheduled like teams of seasons past; they ran the drat ball down teams throats; they proved you can call the most retarded play designs and still win ball games. This team is a celebration of what is to come and what horrors of the past that are done for. This thread is more than a celebration of one good thing it is a celebration of all what was accomplished from the really dumb signing of mularkey to the actually winning games with head coach mularkey. THIS IS THE THREAD OF HOPE

TITANS BITCH

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Brother, let me tell you, if Tom Cable ever gets fired there will absolutely be a Seattle O Line Retrospective Thread: Pining for Brenno Giaco:flag:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm down with Metapod and Godspeed The Tennessee Titans

Intruder posted:

Ronda lost

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
And people thought I was crazy for making the Titans my new AFC team. Suck it, doubters. :smuggo:

Half heartedly cheering for the Titans gives me hope in these dark, dark 49ers days.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To a Brazilian to boot

Also congrats on getting a winning record on the back of beating a Texans team playing for nothing and sitting their best players, lovely rear end Titans :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

To a Brazilian to boot

Also congrats on getting a winning record on the back of beating a Texans team playing for nothing and sitting their best players, lovely rear end Titans :colbert:

Brock played tho :confused:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's crazy to me that the Titans didn't win the division because they couldn't handle the in-division games. It's like that year where the Raiders swept the AFC West but couldn't buy a win against the then horrible NFC West in reverse.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

It's crazy to me that the Titans didn't win the division because they couldn't handle the in-division games. It's like that year where the Raiders swept the AFC West but couldn't buy a win against the then horrible NFC West in reverse.

It's the little known "AFC South Meatgrinder" effect.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

To a Brazilian to boot

Just Brazilians being cool and good as universally known :c00lbutt:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please actually win divisional games next season Titans

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Metapod posted:

TITS BITCH

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Even the Jags beat the Colts this year

but not the Titans.

not the Titans....

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Until the secondary gets significantly upgraded teams and Luck especially will continue to clown all over the Titans and make every QB in the league look like an All Pro.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Texans are still the gold standard of this shitshow of a division until someone knocks them off.

Two in a row, four out of six.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I would hope Brock's huge dumb contract will be a big hurt on the Texans for the next couple years, the time is ripe for the Titans to claim King of poo poo Mountain.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I would hope Brock's huge dumb contract will be a big hurt on the Texans for the next couple years, the time is ripe for the Titans to claim King of poo poo Mountain.

$25 million in 2017 dead cap if he's cut before next season, $6 million in 2018 if he's cut before that season, $3 million in 2019 etc

only $9m dead cap in 2017 if he's traded, next two years are the same. nobody is going to trade for him and that albatross of a contract

marcus mariota, on the other hand, is the envy of the league and is going to be a kickass titan for years to come, worth every cent he'll assuredly be paid. he's the only ten I see

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brock will be a June 1 cut next offseason and the cap hit will be relatively painless as we move on to the next lovely backup

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

Brock will be a June 1 cut next offseason and the cap hit will be relatively painless as we move on to the next lovely backup

I would respect the Texans FO so much for doing that but it won't ever happen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

I would respect the Texans FO so much for doing that but it won't ever happen

It will, the contract was purposely structured to make him easy to cut after two years if he failed

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 4, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah it's next offseason not this one to clear up confusion. He might get to play next year but unless he turns everything around he's pretty much gone June 1, 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

How about a 41 year old Tom Brady instead?

• Locked thread