Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pretend I fit a nazi reference into that thread title too.

So now Anthem owns TNA! Or maybe it's Jeff Jarrett! I can't keep track anymore!

Aron Rex!

They still owe shitloads of money!

Tato posted:

God drat the Impact Wrestling site is sad. It's just a rotating big banner image that doesn't even fit the page and has words superimposed on top so you can't even read legibly. Also they finally removed the roster page as they could never keep it current and the current state of the roster would likely look very pathetic.

The TNA Shop auctions page is pretty funny though - http://stores.ebay.com/ShopTNA-TNA-IMPACT-Wrestling

A 20 pack of Impact Wrestling pencils!:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-pack-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Pencils-Total-Nonstop-Wresling-wwe-/331560794450?hash=item4d32903952

A calendar that is five years out of date and isn't signed or anything, only 20 bucks (free shipping!):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2012-TNA-Wrestling-Calendar-Sting-AJ-Styles-HArdy-ShopTNA-wwe-wcw-/331568991038?hash=item4d330d4b3e

This one is mine, none of you fuckers better poach it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cute-Kip-AUTOGRAPHED-photo-8-x10-Impact-Wrestling-ShopTNA-wwe-2-/331501898975?hash=item4d2f0d8cdf

TNA WRESTLING

CROSS THE LINE

if any information is wrong i'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've seen that picture too many times to remember if that's the actual real one or if that's the one with his hand slightly enlarged. I've crossed the line.

Also, the first time I typed that I accidentally typed "crossed the lien" and I'm pretty sure TNA should update their catchphrase to match.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Also, the first time I typed that I accidentally typed "crossed the lien" and I'm pretty sure TNA should update their catchphrase to match.

i made this joke in the last OP and nobody noticed :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So who did Eddie Edwards piss off in WWE?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I saw a picture of Hulk Hogan wearing an Impact shirt in a New Yorker article about Gawker recently and I think that's the most coverage TNA has ever gotten.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

whiteyfats posted:

So who did Eddie Edwards piss off in WWE?
No one, he is just too stupid to cut the chains that keep him tied to Davey Richards. Or maybe it's some case of Stockholm Syndrome at this point, who knows.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Germansimp posted:

No one, he is just too stupid to cut the chains that keep him tied to Davey Richards. Or maybe it's some case of Stockholm Syndrome at this point, who knows.

Just bring them both in. Unless Davey pissed everybody off.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

i made this joke in the last OP and nobody noticed :(

We are a forum of monsters :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
You guys notice all the Jeff Hardy stuff in that ShopTNA auction page is tagged WWE in the title so it'll actually get search hits?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JUST DIE ALREADY, loving TRASHCAN OF A COMPANY!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

You guys notice all the Jeff Hardy stuff in that ShopTNA auction page is tagged WWE in the title so it'll actually get search hits?

ahahahaha

E: they have "wwe" in the listing for a ton of poo poo for people who were never in WWE either. goddamn

DJExile fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 4, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Holy poo poo, they are actually selling a Best of Hulk Hogan in TNA DVD

quote:

IMPACT WRESTLING PRESENTS:
THE BEST OF HULK HOGAN

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan is known around the world as one of the biggest names in the history of pro wrestling! Hogan made history in 2009 when he joined TNA Wrestling and unleashed Hulkamania! On this special DVD, you'll witness the best of "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan in TNA and IMPACT Wrestling, including his epic arrival, matches against "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and "The Icon" Sting, the formation of his Immortal Alliance, never-before-seen footage, an exclusive bonus match and much more!

- Hulk Hogan arrives: The Historic Press Conference
- Hulk Hogan's debut on IMPACT Wrestling
- Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. Ric Flair and AJ Styles
- Lockdown Steel Cage Match: Team Hogan vs. Team Flair
- Hulkamania runs wild at Wembley Arena in London
- Hulk Hogan forms the "Immortal" Alliance
- Hulk Hogan brawls with Bully Ray / Aces & 8s
- Hulk Hogan vs. "The Icon" Sting at Bound For Glory 2011
- Bonus Match (Never Televised): Hulk Hogan, Sting and James Storm vs. Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode and Bully Ray
- Plus, an interview with Hulk Hogan, Before The Bell: Sting vs. Hogan and more Bonus Material

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god they're selling prints of those awful illustrations too :laffo:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I... I need this

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TNA ran Wembley?

Wtf

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

TNA ran Wembley?

Wtf

the arena, not the stadium

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

the arena, not the stadium

Oh!

I had visions of them in that huge stadium, with like three hundred people scattered around.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Oh!

I had visions of them in that huge stadium, with like three hundred people scattered around.

Yeah when it was first announced I had to do a few double takes

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Hahahahaha holy poo poo I'm going to buy some TNA Pencils.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Went to visit the Impact site thanks to the OP, wow is really is sad. I remember when they rolled over to the new site, it's clearly just a Wordpress theme.

They do have that awesome PopTV gif of Galloway about halfway down though

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Well gently caress I never knew I needed an autographed Sharmell picture but I guess I do.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I... I need this

This is honestly incredible

Rob Liefeld got into wrestling

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
what..

waht...

wahahy is this 20 dollars

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's a hosed up misprint. Clearly it's worth more money!! Or Shark Boy is just lookin good these days

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

This is honestly incredible

Rob Liefeld got into wrestling

Like TNA could afford Rob Liefeld

Tato posted:

It's a hosed up misprint. Clearly it's worth more money!! Or Shark Boy is just lookin good these days

Alternatively Shark Boy is looking really, really rough.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I... I need this

:chanpop:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so is TNA still in danger of dying somewhere along the line or

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If TNA dies, it'll be because a meteor wiped us all out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, post-apocalypse will be roaches, Keith Richards, and TNA tweeting that radioactive Bram signed a contract extension.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endless Mike posted:

No, post-apocalypse will be roaches, Keith Richards, and TNA tweeting that radioactive Bram signed a contract extension.

Congrats, he will carry Aron Rex into the future.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aron Rex posted:

Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Venomous posted:

so is TNA still in danger of dying somewhere along the line or

If TNA tries really hard and believes in itself, they might turn a profit. However there's still plenty of room for hilarious incompetence and/or cynical fuckery.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles

Can't stop laughing at this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah yes, Jeff Hardy, a guy who definitely wasn't given all the opportunities in the world at the top that he squandered for drugs.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

God, I get chills reading it. By far one of the most intense and greatest promos of all time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't Aron with WWE off and on for drat near a decade? How many chances do you need, bro? I wish Colt had got half your chances.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tato posted:

God, I get chills reading it. By far one of the most intense and greatest promos of all time.

I watch his debut video at least once a week it's so funny. Personally love the "not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry"

uh ok lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I watch his debut video at least once a week it's so funny. Personally love the "not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry"

uh ok lol

My favorite is "THIS IS NOT ABOUT WWE!" *talks about WWE*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Aron Rex

• Locked thread