Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do samsung galaxy 7 edges still explode, blowing your head off, or have they removed that feature. are they too big to fit comfortably in your pocket. does the screen break easily

im sick to my rear end of ios
i refuse to visit the cell phone forum because i think gbs is full of experts in every field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Androids don't need phones

Moltke
May 13, 2009
You can have sex with a galaxy 7s edge. Hope this helps.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like the galaxy sport or active editions. They are more rugged and have real buttons on the bottom which I like. Sprint doesn't have them for the galaxy 7, tho.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I have an S6 and I think it's p sweet

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I got the cheapest phone I could that looked like it was still a decently functioning smartphone. It is the galaxy prevail and it probably sucks poo poo, but I like it because it was cheap.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I have a nexus 5X

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think a windows phone is probably more your speed pal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
If you buy anything other than a Pixel you're loving up big time, OP. No exceptions. Oh, and, hehe, get on Fi, natch. :grin:

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
its not the galaxy s2. i have one and it sux. hth

if you live in america just get a burner

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

whichever one you can get for cheapest because it'll only last you a year anyway

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Smythe posted:

If you buy anything other than a Pixel you're loving up big time, OP. No exceptions. Oh, and, hehe, get on Fi, natch. :grin:
If you're not gonna use it internationally, republic wireless is cheaper and mostly the same thing as fi!!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Get a Jitterbug

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

Better go with the pixel to get that delicious vanilla experience. Though I feel the v20 is cooler. So... Yeah.

E: Samsung is dead.

goat manilla fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 23, 2017

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
supposably the pixel is the best android phone(like smythe said), but it cost $9999.99 so its not a phone i will ever be able to own but maybe you are rich, frankly i dont know your financial means.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
get a raspberry pi

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

get a raspberry pi

how the gently caress are you going to use a pie as a phone? We don't all live in lala land, buddy!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i got a moto g from amazon for $100 to use as a mp3 player. it seems nice enough

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Nolan Arenado posted:

how the gently caress are you going to use a pie as a phone? We don't all live in lala land, buddy!

hack it root it and toot it bingo bango bongo its a phone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its a 3-way tie between the n-gage, that cool nokia phone from the matrix where the receiver slides down, and the sports illustrated football phone

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I just go to the library and use there phone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my S7 is nice

the edge is dumb and also useless

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
S7 is rad, whatever you get, make sure it's an OLED screen because everything else is trash. It lets you post at night VERY comfortably and has best look and battery life.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
the s8 has an auto swipe feature for tinder so its that one plus tinder gives you more free swipes with that phone

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm using the galaxy s5. Micro SD expansion is awesome for movies when I'm traveling. The battery is slowly winding down but I don't really want to upgrade.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm using the galaxy s5. Micro SD expansion is awesome for movies when I'm traveling. The battery is slowly winding down but I don't really want to upgrade.

just replace it bud

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
samsung phones are loving trash

pretty sure the pixel is the fanciest android not even iphone nerds have a case against it

the best android is actually the original moto x but it is so good it has a premium attached to it that can buy you a much newer phone

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Hardawn posted:

I have a nexus 5X

:same:

it is a phone. its fine. android 7.1 is raelly good

i dont trust lg's build quality though i have a feeling it will die in 2 years or less but hey i got it for cheap

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

I have a nexus 5

raton fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 23, 2017

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

nigga crab pollock posted:

samsung phones are loving trash

pretty sure the pixel is the fanciest android not even iphone nerds have a case against it

the best android is actually the original moto x but it is so good it has a premium attached to it that can buy you a much newer phone

s7 waterproof and built in wireless charging though

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TheSpamalope posted:

I just go to the library and use there phone

*they're

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

500 bad things posted:

s7 waterproof and built in wireless charging though

also my s4 was virtually indestructible and i still have it as a backup

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i have an iphone 5c

it's built like a brick, kinda

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

Nolan Arenado posted:

I got the cheapest phone I could that looked like it was still a decently functioning smartphone. It is the galaxy prevail and it probably sucks poo poo, but I like it because it was cheap.

This is the way to do it. phones are good enough now that you don't need to spend more than $100 to get a decent one. just make sure you get something like an LG, motorola, samsung, etc. don't buy that no name poo poo

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
The Samsung Galaxy S2, yes 2, was the only android phone I could stand. All others started out kinda neat, then the battery turned to complete poo poo within 6 weeks and the phones never got any updates.

iPhone is better.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
any of the notes are the superior phone.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Nexus 6P or the Pixel/Pixel XL

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SopWATh posted:

iPhone is better.

lol

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
more like webhats, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Still rocking a Galaxy S3, works for me.

• Locked thread