Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:siren: Mobius Goons Discord :siren:

What is this game?

Mobius Final Fantasy is a f2p mobile game available on Steam, Android, and iOS.

Mobius is a very fast paced turn based rpg with a Final Fantasy job system for your class and a card system for your abilities.

Explore the infinite realm of Palamecia as a bare-chested amnesiac Warrior of Light wearing assless chaps with a snarky attitude.

Meet Garland and the Princess, Mog and Echo, explore Cornelia, battle Chaos, and make small numbers into bigger numbers forever.

Where can I get it?

Google Play Store

iOS App Store

Steam

Your account is cross play, you can link your account between mobile and Steam.

Why play?

Mobius Final Fantasy is free, huge, and has remarkably strong production values for a mobile game. Full 3d, 60fps, and a soundtrack worth the name Final Fantasy.

Mobius has cooperative multiplayer that is rewarding and easy to get into with goons.

Mobius has a lengthy story that is remarkably not awful, and a protagonist who is pretty far outside the norm for a FF game. His reactions to some of the absurdities inherent in being a video game hero are :allears:

Mobius just reached its first anniversary, and with it, a host of changes that have made it extremely friendly for new players, and more generous for all players veteran or new.

Mobius can be played completely free and you can progress through the entire story without difficulty, explore multiplayer, and tackle 95%+ of all special events. The only areas you are likely to run into any sort of 'pay wall' is if you compete on the event leaderboards with true whales. The rewards for doing so are paltry, so don't sweat it.

Mobius has a generous premium currency system, with a mix of for pay currency that can also be farmed in-game (Magicite), and commonly awarded Summoning Tickets used for the inevitable mobile gacha system.

As a new player, you are looking at a mountain of content that will reward you with thousands of Magicite and dozens of Summon tickets, on top of some newbie-only starter banners that kit you out with strong jobs and cards to get rolling. The jumpstart in this game is very fast, considerably faster than any of the other FF mobile games.

Mobius also gets a shitload of crossover promotions. FFRK, Pictologica, FF7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15 have all been featured, FF13 is coming soon, and there are tons of other references everywhere.

Infinite Farming?

Oh yeah. All the autobattling. All the time.

If you have a long commute or downtime at work where you can mash 'quickstart' on your phone, this is the game for you.

You can also, you know, play the game. When you want to listen to the story, play multiplayer, or tackle some of the more difficult event fights that you can't simply auto-smash your way through.

What sucks?

Honestly not a lot lately. The anniversary changes were shockingly player-friendly, and as the game is a full year of content ahead of us in japan, we know we have plenty more to go and indications from Square seem to be that the game is doing well.

You may not like this game if the idle farming bothers you, or if you absolutely hate card-based rpg mechanics, or if you hate inventory management.

The game is also confusing as hell and the systems have systems, so if you don't like digging into that, you may get turned off. Try it and see.

But you're not going to get gacha-cockblocked, you can explore the whole story and all the content in the game, and you don't need to pay a dime to do so.

Getting Started

:siren: Buy all three of these packs as a new player :siren:

:siren: When you can access the world map, go to the Novice's Hall and complete it :siren:

:siren: When adding friend cards, look for Aerith: FFVII (Great Gospel) and add about 25 copies of her. :siren:

1) Join the Mobius Goons Discord and ask questions: https://discord.gg/sZw4zNm

2) Follow the tutorial quests

3) Buy the Mobius gift box from the store for 1500 magicite. It gives a month of bonuses worth far more than the cost.

4) Get confused, post here

What sort of currency f2p nonsense does this game have?

Surprisingly little. The premium currency is Magicite, which can be bought for extortionate prices in the store (don't do this).

You can also acquire it through your 'Magicite Distiller', which farms up 100 for you daily, you just need to log in to claim it (do this).

You can also earn free Magicite randomly as rewards from any battle, and playing MP gives you Magicite for helping players clear a battle for the first time (do this too).

You can farm up to 20,000 free Magicite per month, which is quite a hefty chunk - a 'greater summon' of 6 cards costs 3000 Magicite. Expanding your inventory by a big chunk costs 1000 Magicite. Buying Growstars (material for augmenting cards) costs 1500 Magicite.

Summoning Tickets are a more rare reward item that counts as 500 magicite for purposes of card summons. 6 Summoning Tickets = 1 greater draw. You can also combine Magicite and Summoning Tickets freely.

The other resources are Ability Tickets, Skill Seeds, and a range of special cards used as materials, notably Growstars, Exstrangers, and Moogle Amulets.

Ability Tickets are acquired as one-time drops all throughout all of the areas in the game, given as login rewards, special event rewards, and occasionally farmable during event battles. They are used to purchase items from the Ability Shop, and also used to level your cards abilities (hence the name). For cards that do not have a farmable, dropped fodder type card, you can only raise their ability levels with these tickets, and for high power new cards, this can run into the hundreds of tickets to max.

As a new player, ask on the Discord what you should build towards - it's generally a good idea to spend some tickets on picking up cards from the shop that do have farmable fodder enemies. Later once you have an established deck or two, you can save your tickets and then splurge to max out a high-power card like Knights of the Round.

Skill Seeds are elementally aligned currency that you earn after every fight. You spend these powering up your jobs and weapons. They're limited early, but incredibly easy to farm later, and basically never an issue once you're established.

Growstars, Exstrangers, and Moogle Amulets are used to power up your cards in various ways.

• Growstars are usually the only way to ascend a summoned card from 3* to 4*. 4* to 5* can be done with farmable materials. Some special event cards may allow you to ascend them with farmable materials as well.
  • Exstrangers unlock 'extra skills' on your cards. Generally worth saving and only using them on the last one or two skills on a high level card that you need to use at full power right away.
  • Moogle Amulets boost the chance of success when ranking up your cards abilities. Using one on the last level or two of a 10 ability level card can save you a ton of farming, or if done properly, can save you a good chunk of Ability Tickets for cards that can only be raised with them. The details are too fiddly for this post, you can google them once you think you might need to do this.

All of those items can be purchased with Magicite. Excepting Growstars (rarely), don't do so.

What about the terrible Gacha?

Mobius' gacha system comes in the form of jobs (to a lesser extent) and ability cards (the majority of draws). You build a 'deck' of 4 cards that you tie to any of your jobs. Cards have a class alignment (Warrior/Mage/Ranger/Monk), an element (Air/Earth/Fire/Water/Light/Dark), and a rarity (1* to 5*, summoned cards are 3* base, dropped cards you can farm may start at 1* or 2*).

Jobs fall under one of the parent classes (e.g. Black Mage under Mage, Rogue under Ranger, Knight under Warrior, etc).

Card Summons

So from top to bottom. As a general rule, Event Draws are the best bang for your non-buck. Save all your tickets and Magicite for a good event, then go ham pulling for cool new legend jobs and bonus cards. Ask here or in Discord if an event banner is worth your resources.

The Starter packs are a new thing. For the anniversary, all players can buy them. After this month, only new players can buy them for the first 30 days. Do so. They're generally worth it even for vets too. They're one time buys that give you a fully maxed out job in each of the main job classes (Warrior, Mage, Ranger). You'll only be missing a Monk, and with three maxed jobs and the maxed 4* cards they give you, you'll be off ready to start farming plowing through content immediately.

The FF 30th Anniversary is a free draw every day for the rest of the month. Yay free.

Boosted Greater Summon is the new version of the 'normal' Greater Summon. It draws 6 random cards of varying rarities. If it draws a new (as in, newly released) card, it'll auto-boost it to 4* and maxed abilities. The Boosted Greater Summon also always gives you the newest Legend Jobs in the pool (e.g. Squall right now). This can be good or bad if you don't care for the current legend jobs and you're hunting an older one (AMA about missing FF12's Judge Magister :saddowns:)

Card Summon is a basic one card draw. I'd never recommend using this.

Gigantuar Summon is where you spend your friend tickets, earned when people use your shared rental card. Don't spend actual resources on this, you can get Gigantuars elsewhere in the game, it's just a nice freebie you earn over time.

Here's the next cool bit. The way card releases work, they generally have early access cards that only show up in the summons for a month or two. After that, they move to the Ability Shop.

The Ability Shop lets you purchase any card with Ability Tickets, which are a very common currency that you'll earn playing the game, and can often be farmed from special infinite event battles (semi-infinite, they get harder the farther you progress).

You can also re-buy ANY card you acquired via summon, at any level you have ranked the card up to. You can rebuy cards from the Ability Store even if it was they were one-time event limited cards.

Join us on our magical adventure :nyan:

Rare footage of actual Mobius gameplay

Useful Links
Monthly calendar of events: http://information.mobiusfinalfantasy.com/ne/2017/08/01/2427f4fe5ab4c403e7fa759403c724cf4a0e342b.html
Mobius Reddit is ok-ish: https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/
Mobius Wiki is gently caress-awful :rip:: https://mobius.gamepedia.com/Mobius_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Mobius Altema is probably good if you read moon runes: https://altema.jp/ffmobius/

victrix fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm a bitter quit-vet, what are these rad Anniversary changes you mentioned?
http://information.mobiusfinalfantasy.com/ne/sp/2017/07/30/845850a4a6b34b4bb6c056efe950501d82851bfd.html

Hot tips you won't understand until you've played awhile then you'll thank me a bunch

Oh god the inventory management this sucks

Yeah. Play the Steam version for heavy duty inventory lifting, doing it on mobile is a pain.

Go to 1. Click on 2. Any dropped card in the game can be farmed infinitely. You do not need to hold on to them. Event specific dropped cards may have a limited time period where you can farm them, but this is generally in the timespan of weeks, so you'll have plenty of notice and time before they vanish. Otherwise, for your own sanity, set this, and selectively disable it when you need to farm something specific.

To disable autoselling, go to your Cards -> Card Catalog menu, click 1, then tap any card to toggle the coins on/off. Coins on, autosell on. Coins off, autosell off.

The first category of cards you should turn autosell off for is 'Material' cards, used to ascend dropped cards from 1* to 2* to 3*. Material cards are also used to unlock skill seeds on cards, and a few other special tidbits. Basically, if it's a dropped creature, ala this goober:

Let it autosell. If it's a dropped Material, you can pick it up and have it auto-store to your Card Bank. You may eventually want to ascend all the 1*/2* creature drops to 3*, if for no other reason than they'll auto-sell for more gold, but don't worry about that as a newbie - you'll be able to access a region you can farm 150k per fight fairly quickly, and Gil is basically never a bottleneck once you're rolling.

The Auto-Sell Filters button is a very useful means of temporarily globally disabling autosell on cards, with the worst tooltip I've ever loving read.

Anything that is checked turns autosell back on. To temporarily disable autoselling for those categories, you need to uncheck whatever colors/categories you want disabled :psyduck:

Eventually, you should buy card storage space with Magicite. You get 100 slots for 1000 Magicite in your Card Bank, and 50 slots for 1000 Magicite in your Ability Cards storage. Expand your bank first so you can store all the misc rubbish upgrade materials and summoned cards you aren't planning on using immediately. Use your Ability Cards storage for cards you actively use in decks and cards you're working on upgrading/leveling/unlocking/etc.

victrix fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 15, 2017

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Its cool

The art is usually real solid and there are a lot of abs

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
It is a good game for making your lizard brain happy with numbers going up. There are a lot of numbers.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Patware posted:

Its cool

The art is usually real solid and there are a lot of abs

confirming this

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It is a good game for making your lizard brain happy with numbers going up. There are a lot of numbers.

and this

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Mobius is good. There is more coming to get excited about though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrVkojoo_M

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If you're new, I can't overstate how important getting the Mobius gift box is. They lowered the price from 3,000 magicite to 1,500, while not lowering the rewards. That means you now get back 3,000 magicite worth of summoning tickets for 1,500 magicite in addition to all the other stuff they give. There is no downside to this. Pick them up each month as soon as they come off cooldown.

Also, growstars are rare. Don't waste them, especially early on. Until you know what you're doing, it's not the worst idea to ask for advice on what to augment and what not to augment. Unless the card came as 4* (sometimes the gacha is generous). In which case, go hog wild. 4* to 5* augment materials are easy enough to get.

When deciding on events to pull for, watch for whether cards are fast learners (a + next to their star level). If they are, they stick to maximum ability level and don't need to have their ability level worked on. However, by default, they can't be augmented. Some cards like this, for example the recent FFXV cards, are planned to be upgradable eventually and they have an auto-ability giving their current augment level. Just something to keep in mind, though. That extra bump from 4* to 5* is big, but some cards are so good that they're still better at 4* than other 5* cards (love my Noctis card with my Paladin).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Heads up, the FF12 event departs tonight at 11est, if you haven't already, be sure to get all the mandragoras upgraded to 4*.

You can raise their ability levels later with tickets but you won't be able to ascend them without the bulbs that drop in the event, so get that banged out today if you haven't done so yet.

Tomorrow night we should be getting the second half of the anniversary area, including the final form of a sweet ranger weapon, and the next batch of August cards, including the Zidane legend job.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lifeshift lifeshift LIFESHIFT

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I played this the very first month it came out and then got too busy and dropped it. It sounds like now's the time to come back.

Should I just make a new account and start fresh, given new player bonuses and stuff, or will I not miss anything if I pick up where I left off?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You should be good to continue, the newbie draws are available for everyone this month

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
You might consider rerolling for a Supreme card if you didn't get very far and want to get to endgame quickly.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got mystic warrior and grappler from gas. Eh...

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I got Scholar and Dancer from the Anniversary Draw, and I'm waiting to build my magicite back up because I was dumb and didn't buy the Gift Box with what I had.

Either of those any good? I don't think either existed last time I played.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 15, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I haven't played Scholar, but Dancer is excellent. Good all around stats, elemental healing drive, lots of break and prismatic shift in his ultimate, and carnivale background music during fights. The class came out a while back and it's really held up well. Still my favorite Ranger class.

Not directed at you, but I just remembered one other thing that newbies might now be aware of. While you skillseed up classes, make sure to change to the upgraded versions as you unlock them (like Dancer to Etoile to Carnivalist). The differences aren't just visual. They each come with huge stat gains. You can change versions in the Decks screen, with the second character portrait under the first one. Some classes also come with alternate versions which use different elements, like Tacticians, so see what's available.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I haven't played Scholar either, but it's a tankier than the usual glass cannon mage at the cost of a bit of damage. Should be fine for SP.

cirus posted:

You might consider rerolling for a Supreme card if you didn't get very far and want to get to endgame quickly.

Bear in mind that the drop rate is something like 0.8% per 6-card pull, so it could be a lot of rerolling.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 16, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah I don't think rerolling is really necessary. You can, it's just not remotely mandatory. Plus boring.

Some of the supreme cards are insane for sure, and they are rare as hell, I still haven't drawn one.

Outside limited event areas or mp you can bring friend supremes (which is why aerith is the default friend suggestion for newbies).

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
One roll, got Ranger Trance and Lifeshift. I'm out for this one!

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I hadn't realized all the hype over supreme cards was so well founded. I'd been gunning for job cards for so long and now they just give you a maxed out dragoon and dancer (and some other guy). Now I've got a Balamb Merc job, too, but no decent cards for it. I just got to chapter 4, so I can start augmenting cards again, at least.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I hadn't realized all the hype over supreme cards was so well founded. I'd been gunning for job cards for so long and now they just give you a maxed out dragoon and dancer (and some other guy). Now I've got a Balamb Merc job, too, but no decent cards for it. I just got to chapter 4, so I can start augmenting cards again, at least.

The upcoming FFXIII event has warrior fire and wind damage focused cards perfect for Squall. You might want to hold on to your tickets until then.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
As a new player, the anniversary event really makes the entire game trivial. With your summons, you can get the three Anniversary summons, which gives you three fully leveled/maxed decks. The entire (early) game is meaningless now, as everything dies in one hit. I switched the difficulty to Hard, at least, but will I eventually catch up to a difficulty curve, or is this what the whole game will be for me now?

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a ton of fun just wrecking everything, but it's basically just a clicker now :P

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Pryce posted:

As a new player, the anniversary event really makes the entire game trivial. With your summons, you can get the three Anniversary summons, which gives you three fully leveled/maxed decks. The entire (early) game is meaningless now, as everything dies in one hit. I switched the difficulty to Hard, at least, but will I eventually catch up to a difficulty curve, or is this what the whole game will be for me now?

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a ton of fun just wrecking everything, but it's basically just a clicker now :P

I had to switch off from hard towards the end of the Ch. 4 Prologue because of my lack of AoE damage. Curious to see if anyone else had the same issue.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Heads up for newbies especially, the End of Strife area in the second Anniversary zone drops 3* Light and Earth Fractals.

3* and 4* Fractals normally drop from the bosses in the Pleiades Lagoon area, and are used to unlock extra skills on your cards (the ones locked with a ? on the third card panel when you inspect a card).

You can farm these infinitely for a greatly reduced stamina cost compared to the lagoon, enough that you can easily fill out the extra skills on all of your cards, be picky about what you fill them with, and keep a stash for later.

As far as I know the 3* fractals can unlock all of the extra skills that 4* can, they just have a lower rate.

Regardless, a mountain of bonus skills is a very good thing, and the element of the fractal doesn't matter for unlocking the non-elemental skills.

See here for the full list: https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5gnm0b/fractal_effects_list/

The ones you will probably want to go for are the 'general' list.

quote:

Name Effect
Job Change Recast Reduce cooldown of Job Change by 1, increases actions by 1 in multiplayer
Elemental Starter Start with one more elemental orb
Life Orb Draw +1-9
Experience Up 5-10%
Gil Up 5-10%
Skillseed Up 5-10%
Counterattack Enemies receive 5-10% of the damage you take back
Prismatic Draw 1%
Kill & Draw When you kill an enemy, draw 1 element.
Auto Charge Ultimate Ultimate recharges by 1 extra per turn
Extra Skill Unlock Increased rate of unlocking Extra Skills (applies to all cards in the deck)

Particularly Job Change Recast, Auto Charge Ultimate, Skill Unlock, and Prismatic Draw can all be useful.

For the skill unlock bonus specifically, getting it on a set of cards that you use when farming makes unlocking card skills a breeze, every instance of the skill unlock bonus stacks.

You could also make an exp bonus set for farming. Skillseed up is kinda eh since normally you just go to Gigantuar Terrace with your main deck set to max whatever seed(s) you need and then kill everything with your subdeck. Setting that up so you have the skillseed bonus on the right seed cards sounds like too much of a pain to me, but you could do it.

JCR to get you down to minimum job change in single player or extra actions in MP is helpful.

Auto ultimate and Prismatic draw can both be useful depending on the weapons and job skills you have.

Life Orb draw has a very small effect, but it's there. Element starter otoh, is complete jank as far as I know. The issue is you start with a full bar of orbs on a maxed job, so I'm not entirely sure what the point of the skill is.

Go here:

Get this:

Unlock these:

victrix fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 20, 2017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
How long do you have to play before the three extra max level classes you unlock from that bonus thing stop feeling like you're walking through level 1 with Excalibur

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Archenteron posted:

How long do you have to play before the three extra max level classes you unlock from that bonus thing stop feeling like you're walking through level 1 with Excalibur

Probably somewhere around C4, though I don't have a good sense of difficulty since it's been so long since I went through them all. The story areas are ezmode in general, it's not until you get near the end of the story and/or start tackling the battle tower or infinite event areas that you'll probably start getting cockblocked. Not sure about the exploration areas.

That said be sure you have it on Hard while you're plowing through, no reason to miss free rewards on the way.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Jesus christ. Just did my free summon for today and I got Legendary Killing Machine, and BALAMB MERCENARY. Holy crap. I wasn't even aware you could get something like that off this summon. That is awesome. And I have Centaur too.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Congrats! It's a crazy low chance, but yup. Legend jobs and Supreme cards are all on the table for the free summons.

I've had kinda crappy anniversary luck myself. I did manage to get the Moogle Suit with the last Boosted summon I'm gonna do, so that's something. It's not great, but since I didn't get the Tonberry suit, it works for farming. It's also an interesting tank suit.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Jesus christ. Just did my free summon for today and I got Legendary Killing Machine, and BALAMB MERCENARY. Holy crap. I wasn't even aware you could get something like that off this summon. That is awesome. And I have Centaur too.

A+

I pulled Mythic Ninja and I got Mythic Sage earlier from regular draws.

Squall is a beast, a decked out buddy goon in MP was mushing the boss for 999k or thereabouts with him :haw:

I don't know what he's like otherwise, that's my only exposure to him.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Squall hits things hard. Very high attack, passable magic (high 400s/low 500s?), and very bad break. +120% to his elements by default. Good crit chance, I think it's 30% before any weapons. And he has innate 15% prismatic draw that stacks with any weapons.

On top of that, he innately has 50% exploit weakness, 50% painful break, and 50% improved criticals. So if he crits with an element the broken target is weak to, that's 5x normal damage (counting the crit).

And then you can equip him with a weapon.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Neat. Cool stuff. Made all the sweeter by the fact that I pulled that Centaur card on my first pull on the first set of boosted banners so I threw all my poo poo at it after hoping to get the Squall job to use with it. Disappointingly I didn't get it and figured the dream was dead. UNTIL NOW!!!

I wasn't a big FF8 fan but I love hearing that battle theme when I use him.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kawalimus posted:

I pulled Mystic Warrior from the free pull myself, but I saved up like 10 pulls for the second batch and no Moogle Suit or Zidane.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to properly equip the MW? Warrior is my least played class.

I did get Highwind, which really feels like a glass cannon mage. Centaur and Noctis are awesome, as is Legendary Dragon.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Man, this tower event is just great!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I've climbed 12 whole error levels!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

victrix posted:

I've climbed 12 whole error levels!

I pulled an error 14!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Current theory is that servers are getting DDoSed by recently banned cheaters.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HPanda posted:

Current theory is that servers are getting DDoSed by recently banned cheaters.

Everything about this is funny to me

https://m.imgur.com/r/MobiusFF/aZpaMUJ

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
This is a fun game, generally.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

sevenflow posted:

This is a fun game, generally.

Pretty much. There is a pretty sizable difference in fun level depending on how many and what type of limited cards you get, though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HPanda posted:

Pretty much. There is a pretty sizable difference in fun level depending on how many and what type of limited cards you get, though.

They tend to throw enough guaranteed and/or high probability of good poo poo at you during events that it's not an issue. Plus the starter pack is incredibly strong now.

If you lucksack into a supreme card and a legend job or two, yeah, you get a jumbo power boost, but it's not like you need it to plow the content as is, it just lets you pull of more crazy stuff and/or bash in mp and/or get farther in infinite event areas.

Also apparently the upcoming FF13 event is unlocking Crystarium for every job or some insanity like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Oh, definitely. You can cover all normal content with the stuff freely available without the gacha, but it all feels pretty standard until you start getting the special cards like Ashe or Noctis, to say nothing of the crazy supremes. Combined with different jobs, that opens up fun new deck building. Otherwise, it's just auto-ing through content. The limited time content that's freely available during events also tends to be great for this, like you said.

It has gotten better, though, for standard cards. This game was extra dull when it first came out, but I stuck with it since it had potential. After a year's worth of new stuff, all the extra systems and special cards make it much more fun. It definitely beats auto farming for adamantoise shells or whatever to level up the standard single attack, cone attack, and/or area attack cards.

• Locked thread