Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
seriously arena shooters are back now and the Unreal people are just sitting on the best fps ever?

quake champions came out and beat them to the punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
oh wait it turns out they're wasting all their time on an overwatch clone no one plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHhk03UFHZg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice thread, OP. *Turns and winks at the other 5 imps hiding in the next room all trying not to laugh*

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Magius1337est posted:

oh wait it turns out they're wasting all their time on an overwatch clone no one plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHhk03UFHZg

Interesting.
Not really.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Magius1337est posted:

seriously arena shooters are back now and the Unreal people are just sitting on the best fps ever?

quake champions came out and beat them to the punch

most people in this forum like quake more so theyll probably make fun of you. persoanlly i think its just a matter of whichever one you happened to play first

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i played quake first and i still think ut 99 is better multiplayer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played Q3A in my high school CAD class with the creepy rear end teacher with frosted tips who would have girls come sit on his lap and poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the entire process of this 'game' has been really strange, they basically wanted the modding community to make the game and charge/not charge money for whatever they create, while the devs sell hats and other merch.

anyway even if they made a true successor to UT04 and it came out next week i dont think it would do well

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the teacher in my high school web design class never paid attention so we just spent all period playing quake 3 over lan

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

I played Q3A in my high school CAD class with the creepy rear end teacher with frosted tips who would have girls come sit on his lap and poo poo.

ahhhhhhh the 90s

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nice thread, OP. *Turns and winks at the other 5 imps hiding in the next room all trying not to laugh*

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quake 3 was released december 1999 so i think it would have more realistically been the 2000s.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

listening to a customised playlist of songs downloaded from napster featuring eminem, nsync, shaggy, 3 doors down, lil bow wow and limp bizkit while fragging some noobs in quake 3 dm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

listening to a customised playlist of songs downloaded from napster featuring eminem, nsync, shaggy, 3 doors down, lil bow wow and limp bizkit while fragging some noobs in quake 3 dm

spending hours at a netcafe playing low grav instagib

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just remembered the time I downloaded a custom Fonzie skin for Quake 2 MP and found an early 2000s Happy Days website with .wav files of Fonzie quotes for the sounds when I killed someone or got fragged

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just remembered the time I downloaded a custom Fonzie skin for Quake 2 MP and found an early 2000s Happy Days website with .wav files of Fonzie quotes for the sounds when I killed someone or got fragged

being unable to play a map you want in TFC because you're on dial-up and the server has ~20MB of custom sound files

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey, idiot. The best FPS ever was Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Quake Live. Not Unreal. Unreal is good for people who always were like Dude I'm just trying to have fun with my Bros. But even Quake is better for that anyway. You are seriously a loving rear end in a top hat OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

Same but he would get on with his own regular name as his nick and he would tell us all to do our work or he was going to lock down the computers. Also he was bald and had deep resentment toward women.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Hey, idiot. The best FPS ever was Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Quake Live. Not Unreal. Unreal is good for people who always were like Dude I'm just trying to have fun with my Bros. But even Quake is better for that anyway. You are seriously a loving rear end in a top hat OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Joining a WolfET server and hearing Major Payne yell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDsoM2QYqQ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i played quake first and i still think ut 99 is better multiplayer

You need to be murdered on my famous roller coaster of being shot in the head with a shotgun, featured for a limited time at Six Flags.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

most people in this forum like quake more so theyll probably make fun of you. persoanlly i think its just a matter of whichever one you happened to play first

Actually it's a matter of considering the facts. Fact: Quake is an elegantly designed game with nearly perfect movement and solved the problems 60 years ago of all the bullshit people complain about in FPSes today. Fact: Pro Quake players are way more badass and smart than dorky rear end bitch Unreal players. Fact: Unreal is gay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Games made on essentially the Quake engines: Half Life, Wolfenstein ET, Call of Duty, Jedi Knight,
Games made with Unreal Engine: Skyrim, rear end Effect, Jar Jar Binks (character in Star Wars prequels), UnFarted series, uhh do I even need to keep going?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Games made on essentially the Quake engines: Half Life, Wolfenstein ET, Call of Duty, Jedi Knight,
Games made with Unreal Engine: Skyrim, rear end Effect, Jar Jar Binks (character in Star Wars prequels), UnFarted series, uhh do I even need to keep going?
lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh hell yes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Joining a WolfET server and hearing Major Payne yell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDsoM2QYqQ

lol yes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also Fortnite is highly popular right now and is a PUBG/Minecraft clone. OP, you really need to do some research before you start posting threads in here. gently caress you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me, an intellectual smoking a pipe and wearing horn-rimmed glasses: Quake. *Throngs of people cheer in the streets, confetti floating through the air*

You, drooling and barely managing to sputter the words out of your puckered mouth: Unreal. *The DPRK immediately launches ballistic missiles at the US, millions dead*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me, an intellectual smoking a pipe and wearing horn-rimmed glasses: Quake. *Throngs of people cheer in the streets, confetti floating through the air*

You, drooling and barely managing to sputter the words out of your puckered mouth: Unreal. *The DPRK immediately launches ballistic missiles at the US, millions dead*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Halo and UT99. [shouting really loud to the police] We have an absolute fag over here. [goes back to fragging people in quake live, once you've been arrested]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

Lol...wait a minute....

Whirlwind Jones posted:

My CAD teacher would play Q3A with some of his students and he was a creepy gently caress with frosted tips who would hit any and all girls in his classes (which were like 2 beacause it was a CAD class) but I don't remember his in game name.

He was pretty dece at Q3A though.

Nice parachute account

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or they went to the same high school.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've found out that I went to the same high school as people on the Something Awful forums before. You never know. Go Cougars!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That Doom 4 thread is really good, glad i have it bookmarked bc i dont know how id find it in the archives.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol...wait a minute....

Nice parachute account

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

That Doom 4 thread is really good, glad i have it bookmarked bc i dont know how id find it in the archives.

im glad you linked it, its an all time classic

• Locked thread