Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Say you could unload one chore from your life, what would it be?

For me, it would be walking the dog. I love our dog, she is cool and good, but she takes for loving ever to take her piss / poo poo. My wife and I have clocked 40 minute walks before, and they're 10-20 minutes on average. This is even when it's 0 degrees out with a -30 wind chill, she doesn't give a poo poo. (literally) But if she doesn't go for a walk she thinks nothing about laying cable inside the house - so we also have to take her out fairly frequently and can't wait until she has to go bad.

It's a big pain in the rear end. Good doge tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dishes

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I don't do these, but I hear bad reviews from my wife. I think she hates laundry more.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Pulling my dumb poo poo robot vacuum out of places it shouldn’t be able to get to in the first place.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

It's hard to decide between this and lawn mowing. I hate the act of lawn mowing more than cleaning dishes, but I only have to mow the lawn about half of the year and only once a week during that time.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Konar posted:

Pulling my dumb poo poo robot vacuum out of places it shouldn’t be able to get to in the first place.

Whoa! That's rough man!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vacuuming, it's like mowing the lawn but you're stuck indoors.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I don't mind doing them when I'm actually doing them but it's getting myself motivated to do them that's irritating.

That's kinda true for most tasks in life though I guess.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Snow removal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my job probably

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Dusting. You don't have to do it as often as other things, but it takes forever and you usually need to move furniture.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Not gone but easier.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Shoveling snow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Folding clothes and putting them away

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Honestly buy a Roomba. The good, expensive one.
Best drat chore solver ever.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Everything about lawns is stupid. You're spending a bunch of time and effort growing a bunch of plants so you can mow them and throw it all away once a week. It's a waste of everything

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I don't mind mowing the lawn. I have a ride-on so I sit there and contemplate life while I turn a wheel every so often. It's almost hypnotizing.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

poverty goat posted:

Everything about lawns is stupid. You're spending a bunch of time and effort growing a bunch of plants so you can mow them and throw it all away once a week. It's a waste of everything

Owning my own home has taught me that you can invest an infinite amount of money into your lawn. There is no limit, there is no end game.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I will swing by and walk your dog, OP, if you can help me fold and put away all this laundry. I don't mind washing it, but I hate folding it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Raising kids

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Garbage, in general. I don't want to sort out the recycling, I don't want to take it out, I don't want to put the can out on the right day, I don't want to clean the can in my kitchen when it gets nasty. I just want all my waste products to disappear.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
cleaning my guns

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wage labor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Feeding the servants

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Uncle Salty posted:

I will swing by and walk your dog, OP, if you can help me fold and put away all this laundry. I don't mind washing it, but I hate folding it.

Gladly. Laundry takes like an hour or two every week. 15 minutes x 4-5 times a day x 7 days = I resent my dog.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

laundry easily

like i'm fine with taking my dirty clothes and stuffing them in the machine. i just wish it was done after that. instead it's barely begun.

Blackfyre posted:

Not gone but easier.

life without a dishwasher is worse than death

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Gladly. Laundry takes like an hour or two every week. 15 minutes x 4-5 times a day x 7 days = I resent my dog.

Owned by a beast. Shameful

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did laundry for our whole family for four hours yesterday

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The dog is the only one who will stay by your side when your family leaves you and you're whining about walks

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Visiting my lung doctor. There is one for 3 districts and the waiting is unbearable.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

poverty goat posted:

The dog is the only one who will stay by your side when your family leaves you and you're whining about walks

The wife takes the dog have you never listened to a country song

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The one where you have to jerk your dad off because your mom died

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

poverty goat posted:

you should check out clover lawns, or putting down pretty much any ten cent seed other than grass

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm walking my brother's dogs and my parents dog since they are all off some place warm. It's been -20 all last week and I want to die

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dishes. To the point where I almost bought a freestanding dishwasher. I have zero problem folding clothes or cleaning the house, and the wife does the laundry and the cooking, but gently caress, I hate doing dishes.

e: even cleaning 2 litter boxes daily pales in comparison.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

why would i get rid of a chore? i dont care what my mom does with her time

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

The one where you have to jerk your dad off because your mom died

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Maintaining the litter box.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I no longer poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Dishes. To the point where I almost bought a freestanding dishwasher. I have zero problem folding clothes or cleaning the house, and the wife does the laundry and the cooking, but gently caress, I hate doing dishes.

e: even cleaning 2 litter boxes daily pales in comparison.

Free standing dishwashers are great. They are usually huge, a ton cheaper, and give you a ton more countertop space

• Locked thread