Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the developer posted:

You are not a god, nor a chosen one. The path before you is fraught with perils.

Outward delivers an immersive RPG experience coupled with survival gameplay, offering a deeply-rewarding challenge for the most avid gamers.
As an ordinary adventurer, you’ll not only have to hide or defend yourself against threatening creatures, but also brave the hazardous environmental conditions, protect yourself against infectious diseases, make sure you get enough sleep, and stay hydrated. Embark on perilous expeditions across untamed lands to reach new cities, undertake varied missions and discover hidden dungeons crawling with formidable enemies.

In order to survive in the dazzling yet deadly world of Aurai, you’ll have to be cunning, clever and prepared. Devise diverse strategies to defeat your foes and don’t neglect your basic needs, sharing your journey with a friend, locally or online.

Survive in the wilds as you explore the land
Play solo or cooperatively, split screen locally or online
Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting
Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios
A unique experience with every playthrough

I looked around and there doesn't seem to be a thread on this game so I guess this is it.

Anyone else playing it? It reminds me of Piranha Bytes RPGs and Two Worlds with some survival stuff added in. I've been playing it since Tuesday and enjoying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tyKikBIzM

steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward/ (steam keys are 33 bucks on greenman right now)
epic store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/outward/home
PSN Page: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2047-CUSA10865_00-OUTWARDGAMEUS000
Xbox Page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/outward/br1m1xw5tdgc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Been plucking along at it with a friend, and been having a blast. Game is right up my ally, and basically everything I ever wanted out of an RPG/action-adventure for decades. Even in the realm of 'euro jank' (which isn't literally true in this case) it doesn't seem like a really flawed gem, but maybe just a modest gem that isn't highly prized by most. Definitely has its faults, but so far not really anything stands out like is typical of lower budget games of this sort. Absolutely could stand to see many improvements. Better combat, etc, for example, but it's by no means bad.

Probably biggest complaint is the world is too open and vacant. Spawns being mostly static doesn't help either - since for all of the wandering around that will be going on, considering there is no fast travel, it'll get real old, real fast, seeing the same crap on the road at the same place.

As an aside, anyone know if dropping a backpack in the world (town) will function as a stash, or will cell respawns eventually cull the thing? I just got to wondering about it when it appeared camp fires do NOT reset, and go an idea to 'build' a house in towns instead of really even bothering with the actual in-game houses and stashes.

EDIT: Did some testing with a new character. Setup shop in Rissa's crib, because if she's going to turn my place into the town barracks, I'll turn her front hall into my kitchen.
50+ days later with no contact in the entire Cierzo town cell category, and everything is still as it was placed. Gear tossed in Rissa's storage upstairs is intact, and even a few miscellaneous items tossed around the streets of Cierzo are still around.

It is possible that player placed items in designated Safe Zones (possibly only towns) do NOT reset, or else they reset on a timer much longer than 30 in-game days (possibly play time?)
Alternatively, the entire Chersonese world space is tied to Cierzo, and so long as the player remains in said world space (dungeons included) then objects in the Cierzo (the associated town) will remain intact. What happens when leaving to other game world spaces associated with other towns may have an impact, and was not tested.
What I can confirm is that objects placed in open world spaces refresh fairly rapidly, even with near 'contact'. Containers, etc should be suspect. Some 'fixtures' may hang around, like fire pits, or tents, but be careful if a location is not marked Safe Zone (toss a bed roll and try to sleep).

I'm not going to say what you place is towns is outright safe, but I will say that until you travel between the large open world spaces, you can probably safely dump whatever you want in the middle of town. Considering how inconvenient it is to travel back and forth, its probably best to assume you're leaving for good and convert every thing you can into gold bars, or else bring everything you can with you.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 29, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zones are supposed to reset after you've been out of them for 7 days but I was in the forest for a long time game because I kept getting owned and when I went back to the starting town the crappy starter bag in dropped in the middle of town was still there.

My only real complaint about the combat is the way enemies can just hyper armor through all of your attacks. I'm not sure how I would balance it though, if you could stagger enemies out of all their attacks then big, 2 handed weapons would be head and shoulders above everything else. It already has the stagger bar on enemies but it seems to refill super fast.

An easy way to keep your house in the beginning:

You can get a town favor from a guy on a beach outside of town, you can go out the front gate and turn right but the fastest way is just to go all the way through the town storage dungeon and exit on to the beach. The guy you need to help is by some rocks just ahead of you. Talk to him then give him a bandage (there was also the option to give him an hp potion but i only had one and the hell with that) and he will give you a town favor. Turn that in to Rissa and debt is settled and you get to keep all your money.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 29, 2019

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Seeing this described as an "adventurer life sim" piqued my interest. The RPS review, also, where the writer talks about how the lack of map, quest icons, and carrying your life around in a big pack while you explore the world creates a sense of "distance" traveling around rather than just "space" to cross did as well.

Just how brutal is the game and it's combat, though? I'd potentially love the sense of place this game appears to create, but man, I'm too old to be playing games that actively punish me for existing and playing them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's really not that bad as long as you aren't trying to take on stuff that is completely out of your gear's league. Blocking, even with the flimsiest one handed weapon negates all damage and just takes stamina and I haven't found an enemy I can't just sprint away from yet if things start to go to poo poo. After trying a few weapons the spear seems to be the easiest to use well, nice long reach and not super slow and the 1x primary attack, special attack combo has a nice backhop at the end.

Also you literally cannot die in the game. Instead of dying you get KO'd and wake up somewhere random sometime later. Sometimes you get rescued and dragged to a friendly town, sometimes you wake up in some monster den, you can even get enslaved but your gear is nearby and you can find it. There is no map marker but your last used backpack is shown on the compass so if you dropped it before getting owned you can make you way back to where it was.

Try watching some videos, Cohh's vods will probably give you a good idea of how it works https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage/videos

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how deep is the rpg element in this? all the hardcore gothic stuff is something im interested in, but if the quests aren't any deeper than what random generation can provide i have little interest

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

All I know so far is that there are 3 factions that each have their own story that provides one perspective of the overall story. Like Piranha Bytes games you can only join one faction per play through so you'll have to play through a couple times to see everything. There is some sort of legacy system where you can pass on some items or skills from one character to a new character but I haven't messed with it.

As far as the story writing goes I can't really say yet, I haven't committed to a faction yet because I've been too busy just exploring and trying to improve my gear.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The random respawn on death can lead to some amusing situations. After an early death trying to fight some bandits, and then dying again after being captured by them, I find myself in a sectioned off portion of the map. The only way back is through a fort called the GHOST PASS. It is, predictably, full of ghosts. Who I don't think I can damage with my lovely two handed sword. So I had to run like hell through the dungeon to escape back into "safe" territory. I spotted a really fancy looking chest while running through, and marked it off for later when I figure out how to damage ghosts.

By the way, protip for other people still in the ultra weakling stage of the game like me: Enemies of different types will absolutely fight each other. I found some sort of BOSS CHICKEN near the end of the beach and just dragged it along the entire way back as it murdered all the pistol shrimp while taking constant chip damage and just finished it off at the end. I should probably get around to joining a faction but the one that seems most interesting is also like literally a billion miles and two zones away where I can barely survive an encounter with two hyenas so I might settle for the religious guys who are just kinda hanging out in the first map :v:. At least I finally was able to afford an alchemy kit and health potion recipe and holy poo poo is having healing potions a gamechanger.

Does anyone know if you're limited to only the starting three broken chain link resource things you use to (I guess) get higher tier skills off trainers? Not that I have anywhere near the money to buy one of those, but just for future reference.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 29, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yes you can only get 3 of those chain skills per character.

I added all the places selling it to the OP, if you think there is anything else I should ad, please post it.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Game owns. I've been wanting a game like this with multiplayer forever.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I saw this last night... Any more information? MORE OP WORK PLEASE!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What else do you want in the OP?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

My only real complaint about the combat is the way enemies can just hyper armor through all of your attacks. I'm not sure how I would balance it though, if you could stagger enemies out of all their attacks then big, 2 handed weapons would be head and shoulders above everything else. It already has the stagger bar on enemies but it seems to refill super fast.
I definitely feel they need the stagger meter to have a slightly longer delay before recharge engages, but I think you just have to commit to trading some life if you want to melee. If it becomes too reliable to (for example) kick, then hack away at something while it is stagger locked, then almost any of the other resource costs for dealing with encounters in other ways (traps, buffs, etc) are greatly mitigated in usefulness, because there is already a near 100% reliable way to kill anything without taking damage.

Instead, I believe what they're aiming for is asking players to either commit to melee (tank up, in order to trade as little life as possible), and/or use other tools to reduce/eliminate the health trade. It is definitely a twist, and I think the sort of thing that will frustrate a lot of players, but I struggle to see it as a negative, since it inevitably forces the player to gradually hemorrhage resources beside food/water.

No doubt, it sits in that awkward position where as the player I always "feel" like I could play it better, so it's frustrating when I always trade a hit, so it's difficult to even remind myself that seems intentional and probably for the better.

EDIT: since it wasn't clear, the stagger meter isn't just how far a target is to falling over at 0, but below 50% the target will also interrupted. So there IS a point where you can just stagger lock a target, and this DOES help heavy weapons maybe take an edge in melee - it's just not a clear advantage because it can be difficult finding a way to 'break' your target, AND have stamina to take advantage of the opportunity.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 30, 2019

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

What else do you want in the OP?

I don't know, maybe something more than a youtube link and store pages?

Describe the game perhaps? A LITTLE effort would help.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kiggles posted:

I definitely feel they need the stagger meter to have a slightly longer delay before recharge engages, but I think you just have to commit to trading some life if you want to melee. If it becomes too reliable to (for example) kick, then hack away at something while it is stagger locked, then almost any of the other resource costs for dealing with encounters in other ways (traps, buffs, etc) are greatly mitigated in usefulness, because there is already a near 100% reliable way to kill anything without taking damage.

Instead, I believe what they're aiming for is asking players to either commit to melee (tank up, in order to trade as little life as possible), and/or use other tools to reduce/eliminate the health trade. It is definitely a twist, and I think the sort of thing that will frustrate a lot of players, but I struggle to see it as a negative, since it inevitably forces the player to gradually hemorrhage resources beside food/water.

No doubt, it sits in that awkward position where as the player I always "feel" like I could play it better, so it's frustrating when I always trade a hit, so it's difficult to even remind myself that seems intentional and probably for the better.

EDIT: since it wasn't clear, the stagger meter isn't just how far a target is to falling over at 0, but below 50% the target will also interrupted. So there IS a point where you can just stagger lock a target, and this DOES help heavy weapons maybe take an edge in melee - it's just not a clear advantage because it can be difficult finding a way to 'break' your target, AND have stamina to take advantage of the opportunity.

Yeah the stagger meter works fine and once you get the stagger or knockdown you can destroy them it just seems to refill so fast that you need to trade hits to take advantage of it and I'm using a great axe which has quite a bit of impact dmg on it. Like I said, I'm not sure how I would change it that wouldn't make high stagger weapons extremely overpowered.

grill youre saelf posted:

I don't know, maybe something more than a youtube link and store pages?

Describe the game perhaps? A LITTLE effort would help.

I added the developer's description. I'm not trying to pitch this game to anyone, I don't even recommend it to my friends because it's going to be very polarizing. It will have a cult following but I imagine the average person would hate it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Been playing with a friend and this game is the best eurojank rpg I've ever played.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This is some potent eurojank. After finally accepting that I have no skill at eurojank combat I decided to go all in on just trading with enemies. And it turns out it's... Actually pretty effective! Against most things, anyways. Heavy armor grants you Protection which SEEMS to be some very significant damage mitigation, maybe even a hard -1 damage per point, because now that I'm decked out in full Ammonite (3 points of Prot) regular bandits and Hyenas and such can barely scratch me as I swing my two hander at them. Of course I'm also very slow, highly inefficient at magic and consume stamina pretty fast. I think sticking to Trader Boots and Ammonite chest and head might give me a better balance. The only mild cheat I allowed myself is that there is a really big backpack (110 weight limit!) you can get really early but it seems like either a bug or a leftover tester trick. In the Montcalm Bandit Fort there is a little hut that requires 2 power coils to open... Or you can roll onto the roof and talk to the pipe up there and it opens the door for free.

I'm nearly done clearing out the entire initial map, only have a couple of loose ends to tie up and then maybe I'll finally go see about joining a faction :v:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Heavy armor grants you Protection which SEEMS to be some very significant damage mitigation, maybe even a hard -1 damage per point, because now that I'm decked out in full Ammonite (3 points of Prot)

Yeah, I think Protection is straight up subtractive, and resistance is %. Current understanding is Protection applies first, then resistance, so the net effect is normalizing most attacks to a similar threshold, but otherwise makes heavy armor a bit better versus multiple light attacks, ignoring that it also has a lot more Resistance, so it's generally just better.

Be careful though. The first zone is relatively 'easy', so you'll still want to pick up a little tricks. See the following....

Yeah the stagger meter works fine and once you get the stagger or knockdown you can destroy them it just seems to refill so fast that you need to trade hits to take advantage of it and I'm using a great axe which has quite a bit of impact dmg on it. Like I said, I'm not sure how I would change it that wouldn't make high stagger weapons extremely overpowered.
The trick is to forget about the knockdowns. In a practical sense, knockdowns are less opportunities, and more stagger meter resets (some targets have big knockdowns/tiny stagger meters, and worth). Instead, open with a bit Impact attack to get them near 50%, so your following attacks will stagger, but DO NOT OVER COMMIT. The goal is to keep the target in a range where every subsequent attack will drop your target below 50% on hit, but won't actually drop them to 0%. EXCEPT for Axe, which you're using, and even then, may typically want to save the knockdown for an actual coup de grace so you can can use Executioner as a killing blow, rather than trying to rush knockdowns. Play it by ear.

Naturally, different weapons will have somewhat different priorities - but if it's 1v1, follow the above and you basically win, especially if tanked up, since even a poorly timed hit that does not interrupt won't hurt too bad and you get some lateral to keep them between 0 and 50.

For clarity, do not worry about the meter going above 50%. So long as your attack brings their meter anywhere south of 50% they will stagger. If they have 49%, any hit will stagger. 51%, basically any hit will stagger.

Anyway, most encounters aren't 1v1, so this only goes so far, but certainly goes a long way to making melee a very strong single target tool. Just might have to trade to get them in stagger range.

Really loving this game. Still not feeling how 'big' the world is. Hoping this thing being Unity means item database is little more than some lua files in there that would be easy to add some movement speed/fast travel consumables. Morrowind style Divine/Almsivi intervention would be super welcomed.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Kiggles posted:

Really loving this game. Still not feeling how 'big' the world is. Hoping this thing being Unity means item database is little more than some lua files in there that would be easy to add some movement speed/fast travel consumables. Morrowind style Divine/Almsivi intervention would be super welcomed.

You can craft some movement speed consumables using materials from the desert.

This game is right up my alley. There's a lot more going on than what you see at first glance. I found a pretty dark souls like secret in the forest: in the vigil tower there's a lever that opens a wall into a crazy nightmare town filled with ghost skeletons. Once you get to the end there's an orange fireball that seemingly does nothing. Try sleeping until the moon is out...

I was completely wrecking the first zone so I moved onto the marsh, which completely wrecked me. I decided to go to the forest instead. Forest is much easier than the marsh.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Does Mace infusion not work? I tried activating it then blocking (with the mace, put away my shield) the electric orbs the shrimps on the beach shoot, and it didn't do anything.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

What builds are people using? I rushed to get rune magic. Rune magic is very good but it is a money pit initially.

Edit: Ok so this is nothing to the money pit that is necromancy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-50Z-0aTg

Baba Oh Really fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 31, 2019

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
I just started this game yesterday and I quickly figured out the best way to get stuff from enemies that are too tough is to drag them to the beach and let the lightning shrimp deal with them. Got a nice tower shield and brutal club only an hour into the game. I found some sort of goat demon thing and that took two shrimp to kill it.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I missed the release. Looks like my kind of jank. Is the combat like gothic 2? Is it what ELEX should have been? Im getting this ASAP.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
What is the co-op like?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I finally made it to the swamp to join my faction, got a bunch of cool new skills, was feeling good.

Proceeded to die more within the span of like 10 minutes than the entire rest of the game up to that point. Died so much the world state reset and I lost my cooking pot (I was attacked by a surprise rear end in a top hat jumping dinosaur while cooking), had to buy a new one. Every enemy here is awful, they attack so loving fast. I might need to ACTUALLY dodge now, which means getting back into the habit of actually dropping my backpack. If I'm in my fully mega buffed state I can kill them alright but otherwise... I hope the lady back in town isn't mad that I haven't been back in over a week due to getting ping pong respawned around. Is the forest easier, because god drat the marsh is kicking my rear end.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Canuckistan posted:

What is the co-op like?

Perfect. A friend can jump into your world and vice versa. They fully interact with it, with very few exceptions.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Infinity Gaia posted:

I finally made it to the swamp to join my faction, got a bunch of cool new skills, was feeling good.

Proceeded to die more within the span of like 10 minutes than the entire rest of the game up to that point. Died so much the world state reset and I lost my cooking pot (I was attacked by a surprise rear end in a top hat jumping dinosaur while cooking), had to buy a new one. Every enemy here is awful, they attack so loving fast. I might need to ACTUALLY dodge now, which means getting back into the habit of actually dropping my backpack. If I'm in my fully mega buffed state I can kill them alright but otherwise... I hope the lady back in town isn't mad that I haven't been back in over a week due to getting ping pong respawned around. Is the forest easier, because god drat the marsh is kicking my rear end.

I joined the same faction. The rear end in a top hat dinos made me rethink what I was doing (light armored fighter sword and shield) and I bought heavy armor and gently caress off great mace. Now I cudgel everything. No stability can stand up to my brutal greatmace.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Glenn Quebec posted:

Perfect. A friend can jump into your world and vice versa. They fully interact with it, with very few exceptions.

Any scaling? Does everyone have to be around the same level/gear to have fun?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Canuckistan posted:

This game doesn't have levels. You can train your character at trainers for $$$. For major training you spend a class point (you only ever get 3) + $$$. This also unlocks all the abilities from a trainer (you only get 4 out of 8 or so abilities to train in otherwise).

Edit: to be clear training gives you the equivalent of a perk or feat. Like +20 hp or an active ability like Puncture for one handed swords

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 1, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The strategy of bravely running away while dropping rune mines has been working well for me. I got the lightning ball now though and it owns. I like the way they did magic in this game.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Canuckistan posted:

No levels, and where all characters start with 100 HP, none(?) will ever see 200. EDIT: To better characterize this, all characters start with 100HP, but some characters may even end with LESS than 100HP.

Everything is balanced around that. There's a wide, but low, ceiling in the game. Using the right tools you can poke through it, but only in a few places at any given time.

Someone with vastly more gear is still under some threat from most things in the game. Their statistical progression, while important, is more to do with lateral progression in having the right tools, and mastery of content in knowing what tools to use where. Think a really broad, much more nuanced Megaman.

So for example, while early game you will have so few tools that your only option is typically to lure hostile NPCs toward eachother, this isn't some sort of cheesy exploit, and one of the few cases it doesn't even feel cheesy. It's a legitimate strategy you're going to want to keep in mind dozens of hours down the road. A friend and I just earlier today got ourselves out of a bad situation by pulling a third NPC to run interference on a pair of flying sharks that we weren't equipped to handle. Turns out that third NPC was practically a natural predator to flying sharks. Also turns out we WERE well equipped to predate flying shark natural predators.

Circle of life.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 1, 2019

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I bought it and so far it's pretty fun. A nice departure from the RPG norms these days.

I was going to roll with whatever the game throws at you, but losing your house right at the first was a piss off. I restarted because I had a writ ready to go but missed the deadline.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
can this game be played 100% coop or is one person always just going to miss out on personal progress

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

Verviticus posted:

can this game be played 100% coop or is one person always just going to miss out on personal progress

The game is about having adventures and killing troglodytes or whatever. Get the game you coward.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
asking for my friend, not YOU

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I thought we were friends. I see now I was mistaken. RIP.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Infinity Gaia posted:

I did the exact same thing and then left to go check out the forest. The forest is much easier. I also now have much better gear and am planning on smashing some dino face in.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Game owns. Farm poo poo up till I die back yo town, sell, repeat.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I smashed my face against dinos and poison until I became a missionary of elatt and now I crush things with my two handed mace and palladium armor. Game is rad and people have already made mods for up to 16 people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
I've also been enjoying it. Exploration is wonderful. For those starting out and having a wee bit trouble with the first quest:
Make sure you grab the bandage by the NPC in the first starter zone (or buy one from shop in the city later). Go through the city storage, caves, kill 2 troggys, jump down at the end, keep right on the beach until you come to a wounded NPC, give bandage, get writ, get back to the city (keep left from the beach), profit