Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

totally not boba fett is pretty cool

when Kuill died i got fairly upset

music is good

a tasteful of amount of fanservice*

poo poo is good

*finally got to see an IG droid in action gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
I will watch a cara dune spinoff and hope she gets to beat up many more people in the second season

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

thats how you spell his name!??!? also agreed good show

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm sure you're making the wrong call here but if it's making you happy that's a good thing.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

cara dune makes it difficult for me to not post horny on main

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it shouldn’t have, star wars needs to die

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah its pretty good and obviously written by people who know how to press all the nostalgia centers of my brain so I feel like I'm 14 again. Also yeah

Whorelord posted:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It made me consider that there could be cool Star Wars stuff that didn't involve the Force, a thought I had after Rogue One but then dropped after TLJ.

Whorelord posted:

:same:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I really hope they actually continue to make good shows in the next season. I want to believe this wasn't an accident.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

G R E E T I N G S

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i thought it was real boring but think that's because it's just not for me

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah Mandalorian was ok at best but that's not surprising, spaghetti westerns are pretty bad in general.

Overall the memes are better than the show.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

My favorite part was when I was reading the Mandalorian thread in TVIV, and all the posters were saying they hoped there would never be a lightsaber in the show. Then the bad guy pulled out a lightsaber and everybody was ecstatically excited. :iiam:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That was the literal opposite of a lightsaber: a dark saber

Well I guess a dark fork would be the literal opposite but you get what Im saying

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Also the thing he pulled out has meaning to the Mandalorian culture, rather than just being a laser penis. It's also primarily used by people that aren't space wizards. Which is really what people didn't want, the Mandalorian turning into "Space wizards push their laser penises together because they are literally the only thing that matters in the galaxy".

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's important for what it is, a singular weapon in the lore.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I thought it was a vibro blade like in kotor ... ?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

well why not posted:

"The Darksaber was an ancient and unique black-bladed lightsaber created by Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian ever inducted into the Jedi Order, prior to 1019 BBY."

From the star wars wiki. It's been in the Clone Wars show and some other EU type things.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the Ray Harryhausen-esque movement of the IG-88 loving slayed me whenever it moved. loved that droid.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PittTheElder posted:

My favorite part was when I was reading the Mandalorian thread in TVIV, and all the posters were saying they hoped there would never be a lightsaber in the show. Then the bad guy pulled out a lightsaber and everybody was ecstatically excited. :iiam:

I was the first person to post how much I didn’t want a lightsaber in The Mando Show, and I was thrilled by the Darksaber. It’s because the Jedi and the Sith are the most boring parts of Star Wars, but this was a cool way to bring a lightsaber into the story that somehow culturally relevant to the main character while also completely leaving the Jedi and the Sith out of it.

The Mandalorian is NOT a Spaghetti western, it’s a the kind of Japanese samurai drama that is what all your favorite Spaghetti Westerns are based on :colbert:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Samurai movies are just the Japanese version of the western.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Season 2 is apparently going to contain "characters from the skywalker saga" and well it was nice while it lasted.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

RagnarokAngel posted:

Season 2 is apparently going to contain "characters from the skywalker saga" and well it was nice while it lasted.

Yeah I loved the first season but I'm expecting it to get all Filoni'd up and be terrible sooner rather than later :(

Edit: Samurai films are a subset of "Westerns" that is closely related to Spaghetti Westerns where they mutually feed off each other.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 26, 2020

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
show is good because its like the creators are constantly winking at me

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

There's a lot of material there, it could be that crazy little old lady who collected luke's saber.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Whorelord posted:

yo. for real though

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah Mandalorian was ok at best but that's not surprising, spaghetti westerns are pretty bad in general.

Overall the memes are better than the show.

This take is so smelly I put a clothespin on my nose so I wouldn't have to endure the stench.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

RagnarokAngel posted:

Oh gently caress, are you serious? djnskdfjnlxvknxv why

Seriously just let the skywalker saga be dead already.

It makes me crazy that the star wars writing team has an entire universe of characters and stories, but they keep rehashing the same tired characters. Like do we really need to see Chewbacca yet again?

Let them all stay in the past. Make some new characters and use them to sell toys.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 27, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That could mean a lot of characters.

Like Bossk.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Or the gonk bot I guess.

But let's be real here, it'll probably be some lovely chewbacca and r2d2 rehash

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i mean doesnt it take place like 20 years before the sequels

cant it just be like mon mothma or new republic poo poo that were all ancillary characters? its not like theyre gonna pull in han solo or luke

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

“baby yoda I’m gonna put you through that loving wall!!” - Bill Burr in that one episode

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I mean, JJ's episode nine lowered the expectations so low that this just not being a giant pile of poo poo is good enough for me :shrug:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

HootTheOwl posted:

I mean, JJ's episode nine lowered the expectations so low that this just not being a giant pile of poo poo is good enough for me :shrug:

What if JJ also directs episode 9 of the mandalorian??

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Poopernickel posted:

What if JJ also directs episode 9 of the mandalorian??

Then star wars is dead and I can finally be free of this fandom.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

For all the bitterness and division Star Wars movies cause, everyone's always willing to head back to the well.

The Mandalorian is pretty good, but it definitely benefits from the fact that people don't have high expectations for TV. It's as pandering as any JJ movie at times and the plotting is a bit of a mess. People saying it looks like it's movie quality are :rolleyes:. It's designed around its budget, and that's OK.

Frankly I think the best part of the show is the constant reaction shots of the helmet.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Roth posted:

That could mean a lot of characters.

Like Bossk.

As a kid I loved all the EU stuff about the bounty hunters, Zuckuss' weird deal and Dengar being a complete disaster, etc. I want to see Zuckuss bring the ruckuss at long last.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sodomy Hussein posted:

It's as pandering as any JJ movie at times and the plotting is a bit of a mess.

Yeah but it does the pandering better :colbert:

well why not posted:

same (until i saw posts about people freaking out about OMG DARKSABER SQUEEEEEEE)

Dr. Phildo posted:

I will watch a cara dune spinoff and hope she gets to beat up many more people in the second season

same

Whorelord posted:

same

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope Cara Dune and Apollo Creed do a training montage together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It looks better than the movies because they're not trying to CGI dewbacks into every other scene.