Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

full previews up at Voices of Wrestling:
BOSJ WTL

Finals in Budokan next friday and the juniors are indeed getting to main event

WTL 2020 & BOSJ 27 Finals
December 11th at 4:00 EST/9:00 GMT/18:00 JST
Nippon Budokan

CHAOS (Toru Yano, SHO, and Robbie Eagles) vs. Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, Bad Luck Fale, and Chase Owens)
Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Toa Henare vs. The Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, and Great-O-Khan)
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and SANADA vs. Bullet Club ( EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi)
Kota Ibushi and Master Wato vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI)
WTL 2020 Finals: Finjuice vs. G.o.D
BOSJ 27 Finals: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Getting ready for my boy Way To The GrandMaster Master Wato to sweep the tournament.

Also it is time for Tacos to shine.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Don't forget that 3 hours before this starts, Dragon Gate have a huge show from Kobe World Hall! (Which has a couple of absences because of COVID sadly. No Shuji Kondo or Jason Lee, less fussed about no Ultimo Dragon)

From a purely selfish perspective I really wish that this show was just all WTL matches then all BOSJ matches or vice versa because I do not have it in me to care about a tag tournament with 3 Bullet Club teams & no room for a Dad team like Kojima & Nagata. As it I guess i'll watch the whole thing because it's a Sunday but man, Ishii in a match opposite Fale, Takagi opposite EVIL, it's like Gedo wanted to get the tournament started with the opposite of a bang. A big wet fart of a whimper

Happy to see Henare back though, & with Tana at that. Tekkers are always good value & I'm sure them vs Goto & Hashi will be good. And the BOSJ side looks mostly fun, main will rock. But I can't get excited to watch Bullet Club related stuff when their matches have been more ruined by the same couple of cheating spots being run into the ground for the last 4 months. So I think I will skip a lot of the WTL nights.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 14, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess that's why they're closing with Hiromu vs Ishimori.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Don't forget that 3 hours before this starts, Dragon Gate have a huge show from Kobe World Hall! (Which has a couple of absences because of COVID sadly. No Shuji Kondo or Jason Lee, less fussed about no Ultimo Dragon)

From a purely selfish perspective I really wish that this show was just all WTL matches then all BOSJ matches or vice versa because I do not have it in me to care about a tag tournament with 3 Bullet Club teams & no room for a Dad team like Kojima & Nagata. As it I guess i'll watch the whole thing because it's a Sunday but man, Ishii in a match opposite Fale, Takagi opposite EVIL, it's like Gedo wanted to get the tournament started with the opposite of a bang. A big wet fart of a whimper

Happy to see Henare back though, & with Tana at that. Tekkers are always good value & I'm sure them vs Goto & Hashi will be good. And the BOSJ side looks mostly fun, main will rock. But I can't get excited to watch Bullet Club related stuff when their matches have been more ruined by the same couple of cheating spots being run into the ground for the last 4 months. So I think I will skip a lot of the WTL nights.

Please post about TJPW/NOAH/DDT insetad because that’s what I have a subscription for. Tia

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

a cyborg mug posted:

Please post about TJPW/NOAH/DDT insetad because that’s what I have a subscription for. Tia

There was TJPW and DDT this morning, a NOAH show that was taped today but gets uploaded on the 17th and a DDT show taped tomorrow and uploaded on the 18th. And then a TJPW show live on Friday. And the big DDT singles tournament starts next week I think and the huge NOAH show a week Sunday with Go vs Nak.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Its a shame bosj got so impacted by covid. Hopefully my boy Robbie can have a good showing. I think his best opportunity is him or SHO get a pin on despy to set up a potential junior tag match but I think that will probably be gooch or wato. SHO is too handsome to miss a WK though so hmmmm

He has an interview on the website. He calls DOUKI a "dangerous dude"

https://www.njpw1972.com/84868

quote:

–He’s been mentored by Hiroyoshi Tenzan through this process. Is there a figure that’s taken you under their wing behind the scenes?

Robbie: Not in BULLET CLUB so much, because everyone was out for themselves, but in CHAOS, Tomohiro Ishii was really good for me leading up to that NEVER 6-Man title match we had. After every match on the tour he kept raising my arms and motioning for a belt around my waist. I felt like a small child when he was doing that to me (laughs).

–Haha! Sometimes we talk with our subtitlers that it feels like Wato is a teenage son embarrassed by his dad constantly supporting him.

Robbie: But Ishii would take me out to dinner after those cards, just me and him, or me him and Okada, and that showed that he saw something in me. He gave me a ton of advice as well, and I’m sure it’s the same with Tenzan and Wato.

Ishii is great

So I've watched a couple of Robbie matches from this year. He's been a bit more heelish in Australia lately and he wrestled a match in the Philippines for a title over there and I could actually see some Ishii influence in his wrestling. Not a bad bloke to get advice from.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Burn Down Canberra posted:

So I've watched a couple of Robbie matches from this year. He's been a bit more heelish in Australia lately and he wrestled a match in the Philippines for a title over there and I could actually see some Ishii influence in his wrestling. Not a bad bloke to get advice from.

That match in the Philippines was the best match I've seen live this year... and everyone just loved him

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Show’s about to start

This is easily the NJPW card with the most matches since the world ended, sure as hell hope it’s not like four hours long

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
All right, let's do this poo poo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oops, was in the wrong thread before. Morning everyone. Hyped for Tana and Henare to destroy the dominatah and his mate.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

Show’s about to start

This is easily the NJPW card with the most matches since the world ended, sure as hell hope it’s not like four hours long

I also hope they keep it snappy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The amount of hype I have seeing Fale back is off the charts!

In that there’s so little hype it doesn’t even register in my hype-tracking devices

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god it's Fale

He's back

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fale's still feuding with the ring announcer, it's like 2016 never ended.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
TOUGH

AND

HARD

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Big Tam, time to murder people.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
TOUGH AND HARD

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

TOUGH

AND

HARD

BITE U

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
What belt does Ishii have now

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I believe in Fale. I think he has rested up and will be doing all kinds of flippy stuff

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lid posted:

NEVER 6 man

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Its 2020 and Chase Owens is on my screen why

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lid posted:

YOSHI-HASHI belt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chase, there are less painful ways to die than piefacing Ishii.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I believe in Fale. I think he has rested up and will be doing all kinds of flippy stuff

Hoping for the return of technical wizard Fale myself.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lid posted:

Its 2020 and Chase Owens is on my screen why

Playgrounds are closed so he has nowhere to go to sell 14 year olds weed?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This ref does not care that rwo illegal men hace been in the ring the last three minutes

Is this tornado rules

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

(this was an appearance comment, I know nothing about Owens as a person)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lid posted:

This ref does not care that rwo illegal men hace been in the ring the last three minutes

Is this tornado rules

It's new Japan, nobody cares enough about tag teams to remember the rules.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I hope Ishii now murders Chase for those crappy strikes

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

WTL being tornado rules all the time would probably make it slightly more interesting

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Chase trying to do a V Trigger is the saddest thing since his hairline

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lamuella posted:

It's new Japan, nobody cares enough about tag teams to remember the rules.

The IWGP committee just keeps hiring crappy refs. Like in real sports

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
YTR undone by his own hubris.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This is a tag tournament consisting of three tag teams and then a bunch of randomly thrown together duos. It's like the jobber side of an episode of Dark.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Heh

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ok the finish got a chuckle out of me. Well done

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sublime master thief wins one.