Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan has one of their biggest US shows since covid restrictions started tonight in a couple hours. Like many major US shows it's a PPV exclusive sadly though it will eventually be available for free for all world subscribers. You can buy it either on fite.tv or on NJPW world but I recommend the former as it's notably cheaper (US$19.99 vs. ¥2990 which is currently equivalent to about $24.

Link to purchase and watch

No Tana/Okada/etc... unlike the LA one last year but it's still a pretty solid card and the X vs. jay could potentially be very interesting in light of the supershow rumors. If you care about the unfolding BC drama I imagine we'll get some further development in that as well given Hikuleo's situation and the angle between him and Jay on last week's STRONG.

WINDY CITY RIOT
April 16th at 19:00 EDT/April 17th at 00:00 BST/8:00 JST (PPV ONLY)
Odeon Expo Center, Chicago

Dark Match:CHAOS(Rocky Romero and Wheeler Yuta) vs. Kevin Knight and the DKC
LA Dojo (Clark Connors, Yuya Uemura, and Karl Fredericks) vs. The Factory (QT Marshall, Mr. Freakbeast, and Aaron Solow)
Dickinson, Narita, Coughlin, J. Alexander, and Rosser vs. Team Filthy (Kratos, Black Tiger, Limelight, and WCWC)
Tom Lawlor vs. Yuji Nagata
Special 12 Man TagUnited Empire (Cobb, O-Khan, TJP, Henare, and Aussie Open vs. Bullet Club?(Good Brothers, Hikuleo, El-P, Bey, and Scott Norton)
Chicago Street Fight: Brody King and Finjuice vs. Bad Dude Tito, Shane Haste, and JONAH
US-Of-Jay Open Challenge:Jay White vs. X
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki
Special Singles Match:Jon Moxley vs. Will Ospreay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna buy this show cause I know Suzuki is gonna be extra ornery thanks to losing to Joe and take out on Ishii which will just make Ishii more mad

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm also buying this.

Good way to spend Easter Sunday

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Sitting in the very long line and missing the Yuta match, tragic. Still very happy!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bought the show and looking forward to it, but can't believe it starts at the same time as Battle of the Belts :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You guys getting an error code?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yuppp TK taking Fite down so people watch Battle of the belts

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

You guys getting an error code?

Yeah but it's cleared up

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Watching this instead of BotB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah but it's cleared up

I wonder if it is because I had Battle of the Belts open in another tab? When Windy City Riot started I switched tabs and suddenly Battle of the Belts gave me a "error accessing protected content".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oof, sound is bad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No commentary either lamo

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
local sports team heat

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Wait Scott Norton is still active?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nick doing a Japan tour would be amazing for him and I could see Japanese fans going wild for him

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Watching this instead of BotB

Gonna go over to BotB and see if the issues blow over

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The production on this is completely hosed lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One of the big issues the US shows always has is the production feels so lackluster and it really stands out when the Japan stuff is arguably some of the best camera work

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dango Bango posted:

The production on this is completely hosed lol

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Is the feed just dead for everyone? Avoiding Twitter for BotB.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It just came back and has commentary now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
between the bootleg streams getting suspended, putting this on fite.tv for $20, the production being awful, and it being opposite an aew special, im glad to see njpw continues to try to ensure as few people as possible watch this product and i can continue to pretend it doesnt exist rather than have to actually watch it

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh hey I've finally got a feed. Audio is still dogshit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lucifunk posted:

Is the feed just dead for everyone? Avoiding Twitter for BotB.

It's back up now, and there is commentary.

Gotta admit I basically switched to Sammy/Scorpio on AEW because of the technical issues on this side.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

It just came back and has commentary now

Yes but they appear to have just lost the crowd mic so now it's incredibly silent with ONLY commentary :cripes:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Classic nooj/fite collaboration

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Every time Matt speaks he is speaking at a different volume lmao. How is this even happening?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Classic nooj/fite collaboration

It's like New Japan of America said,"Let's show Tony Khan we also have the ROH spirit!" by having an incredibly lovely production for their PPV.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I really wish I'd ordered this on NJPW World lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Christ, turn down the gain on English

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Audio seems to have levelled out. Color guy is a little loud but otherwise fixed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Every time Matt speaks he is speaking at a different volume lmao. How is this even happening?

I wonder if they have some sound dude literally riding the mic levels or something? It's insane.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
booo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It's like New Japan of America said,"Let's show Tony Khan we also have the ROH spirit!" by having an incredibly lovely production for their PPV.

Oh man remember Final Battle 2009? It was the absolute worst

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nick/Uemura feud please

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The picture quality is at least an improvement on the last show. Putting QT over a future IWGP champion is funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I really wish I'd ordered this on NJPW World lol

Haha, I didn't realize that was an option. It's a little more expensive there than it was for me on fite but I wonder if they have better sound? I assume it's Japanese commentary only there?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the la show was also mixed lijke poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh man remember Final Battle 2009? It was the absolute worst

I think that was the one where I decided to change Adam Cole's graphic in the Champ of the Month thread to a loading icon because the show just kept freezing over and over again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

commentary sound is better on japanese version but crowd is still muted