Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

1) Boston
2) Zagreb
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 01:17 on Jul 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Amsterdam?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Chandler Arizona easily in the top 10.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
electri city

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

poster's note: yeah I'd say this thread totally seems worth paying :10bux: for

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hydro city

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
reserved

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
velo city

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

For #1 i'd like to nominate the lovely city of Boston. Home of esteemed Jeffery Epstein linked intuitions Harvard, and the MIT media labs.

Here is what NBA player Marcus Smart had to say about his experiences in the city:

quote:

“I was pulling out of the arena parking lot when I saw a white woman with her five- or six-year-old son crossing against the light right as the cars were starting to come at them. I had my windows down and realized something bad was about to happen, so I yelled to her, politely,” he said of the woman leaving TD Garden in Celtics gear. “I figured she’d be cool. Nope.”

Smart said she responded by cursing him and calling him the n-word.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Objectively best city I've ever lived in is probably Providence mostly for food reasons

it's on the MBTA commuter rail, it's on Amtrak, it's less horribly gentrified than bigger cities tend to be (damning with faint praise), and it was mob-owned for decades leading to some fantastic Italian food options

plus all the rich douchebags in Rhode Island got honeypotted to Newport

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i've lived in laramie, san diego, eugene and st louis and can safely say that none of them belong anywhere near this list

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zvahl posted:

i've lived in laramie, san diego, eugene and st louis and can safely say that none of them belong anywhere near this list

yeah those are all in the us

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

loquacius posted:

Objectively best city I've ever lived in is probably Providence mostly for food reasons

it's on the MBTA commuter rail, it's on Amtrak, it's less horribly gentrified than bigger cities tend to be (damning with faint praise), and it was mob-owned for decades leading to some fantastic Italian food options

plus all the rich douchebags in Rhode Island got honeypotted to Newport

love that buddy cianci

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ho Chi Minh city looks pretty cool. I'd like to visit someday I think.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shenzhen

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Berlin is good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thats one of the lowest bc u live there

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Shitzhen

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats one of the lowest bc u live there

wrong

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

shenzhen is the 4th largest city in the world where you won’t get covid

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
South Bend, IA is one of the few American cities still producing notable luminaries.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

shenzhen is the 4th largest city in the world where you won’t get covid

ya but there is 0.000000006% of running into you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart shitson

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

there isn’t. i dont even go outside

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol at the autoban

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Chengdu looks great, can anyone confirm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New York City. The tap water is untouchable, and it's really easy to buy pizza, something which is unfathomable for most of the planet. The NYPD is also the size of a standing military force for most nations, which reduces the crime rate and ensures property values rise unperturbed, great place to invest or raise children..

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Training posted:

New York City. The tap water is untouchable, and it's really easy to buy pizza, something which is unfathomable for most of the planet. The NYPD is also the size of a standing military force for most nations, which reduces the crime rate and ensures property values rise unperturbed, great place to invest or raise children..

2nd greatest city on earth baby

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fleetwood posted:

Chengdu looks great, can anyone confirm

yes it’s a very nice city to visit. would recommend

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

slave to my cravings posted:

lol at the autoban

i thought hot would be a funny one since all the euros are dying of the brown/black mans regular weather

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i thought hot would be a funny one since all the euros are dying of the brown/black mans regular weather

in fairness it was very funny

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In Training posted:

I've heard that New York City also contains establishments where you can exchange money for snacks, candy, or various household sundries. is this true? Seems pretty far-fetched

Cats are apparently involved somehow which if true would blow my mind

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Mute City

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

NYC is cool, it has so much.... stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

NYC is cool, it has so much.... stuff

Duuuuude. So many restaurants.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

Duuuuude. So many restaurants.

i bet there’s at least ten cities with more restaurants

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

i bet there’s at least ten cities with more restaurants

Well that's the great thing about this thread. We get to figure that out democratically ,

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

Well that's the great thing about this thread. We get to figure that out democratically ,

probably every major city in asia has more than nyc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

probably every major city in asia has more than nyc

but do they have pizza? I thought not :smug:

No, I meant good pizza :smug:

Stop sending me Yelp reviews, good pizza is only in New York :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

1) Boston
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

hmmmm

https://twitter.com/RobWayTV/status/1550105753901568004?s=20&t=MDXHqe-NLxSM9AHvLEdrfg