Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for October, 2022?
This poll is closed.
Jon Moxley (AEW Champion) 29 33.72%
:murder: Nick Gage (GCW Champion) 1 1.16%
:judas: Chris Jericho (ROH World Champion) 31 36.05%
:axe: Baliyan Akki (Super Asia Champion) 1 1.16%
Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Champion) 2 2.33%
:shrug: Liv Morgan (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:hayter: Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:science: Toni Storm (AEW Women's Champion) 3 3.49%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) 0 0%
:kiddo: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Champion) 0 0%
:thatsrad: Kazusada Higuchi (KO-D Openweight Champion) 5 5.81%
:killdozer: Hiroyo Matsumoto (Beyond the Sea Champion) 0 0%
Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) 1 1.16%
:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (FORMER Princess of Princess Champion) 1 1.16%
Yuka Sakazaki (Princess of Princess Champion) 3 3.49%
:joel: Switchblade Jay White (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 7 8.14%
:spooky: (None of the Above) 2 2.33%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Despite being a Wizard, Chris Jericho couldn't pull another magic trick and make it back into the winner's circle for the first time since 2019. Though the margin was razor thin, it was ol' Mr. Dependable Jon Moxley who proved yet again that he's The Guy in AEW, salvaging the mess left by the CM Punk's post-PPV press scrum and locker-room brawl with Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Punk himself still managed a third place finish, and Jericho's late resurgence after winning the ROH Title and vowing to desecrate it put him into a strong second... but for the third time this year it was Jon Moxley who was The Great Jase Space's Champion of the Month. Can he break his own previous record of 4 months in a row? Let's find out!

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant - for instance, El Lindaman (GLEAT), Roman Reigns (WWE), Syuri (Stardom) & Yuki Yoshioka (Dream Gate) did not defend their titles this month and are temporarily removed from the poll. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you think does/doesn't deserve the votes of other posters in this thread.

Jon Moxley (AEW Champion/FORMER GCW Champion) - Losing the GCW Title he held for over a year, Moxley had the AEW Title to comfort him. His first title defense was against former champion Hangman Adam Page, which he won in the least satisfying pay possible when Page suffered a bad concussion and the match had to end by referee's decision. Luckily it was "ONLY" a concussion, there was a real fear it was actually something even worse. Mox recovered well, as he always does, cutting a hell of a promo on MJF as he continues to build to their match at Full Gear. He wasn't done delivering in the ring though, defending his title successfully against Penta El Zero Miedo on Dynamite on top of making appearances/wrestling for New Japan on both nights of their Rumble on 4th Street shows.

:murder: Nick Gage (GCW Champion) - Putting his career on the line against the man who had held fhte title for over a year, people were probably justified in expecting a Gage win... up until the moment Moxley had to unexpectedly win the vacated AEW title back following CM Punk's media scrum disaster. Now the question was whether Tony Khan would allow his new champion to immediately lose a high profile match in another promotion. Luckily the answer was yes, as Nick Gage saved his career and won his title back, and continued on as he always has as a fighting champion, defeating Lio Rush at the Hit Em Up PPV to end the month.

:judas: Chris Jericho (ROH World Champion) - Continuing his insane quest to dishonor the Ring of Honor title, Jericho not only retained his title but won back the affections of Daniel Garcia to the Sports Entertainment world! Defeating Bryan Danielson with the aid of ROH Pure Champion Garcia who had been seemingly moving closer to the pro-wrestling camp of Danielson, Jericho went on to defeat another former champion in the wonderful Dalton Castle and his Boys. Jericho insists he will destroy ALL former ROH Champions, for ALL the different titles, and it's going to be a blast watching him try.

:axe: Baliyan Akki (Super Asia Champion) - Squeaking in right at the end of October to make it 3 months in a row, Akki defended his title yet again and retained against TAMURA for ChocoPro.

Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Champion) - The six time Triple Crown Champion had his second defense a month after winning the crown, beating Takao Omori in just under 25 minutes at AJPW's 50th Anniversary in Sanjo Champion, proving to have just what the show's tagline claimed: The Soul of a Champion!

:shrug: Liv Morgan (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) - Liv's entire title reign was dominated by the question on if she was tough enough/worthy of being champion. The answer I guess is no because she got her rear end beat by Ronda Rousey and passed out in a submission hold. She was smiling when it happened though, which means... well, it doesn't mean poo poo.

:hayter: Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's Champion) - After defeating Liv, Rousey's first title defense was against the returning Emma (Tenille Dashwood), who Ronda mocked and defeated in less than 7 minutes.

:science: Toni Storm (AEW Women's Champion) - Beating Emi Sakura to prevent her from getting an actual title match, Storm did defend her belt regardless this month when she defeated former AEW Women's Champion Hikaru Shida on Dynamite to retain her title.

:thurman: Bianca Belair (Raw Women's Champion) - After a month of dealing with Bayley and her new faction dogging her every step, Bianca finally got her hands on Bayley at Extreme Rules in a ladder match. It would have been easy to assume that Bayley's return and the stipulation allowing to avoid pinfall or submission, that this would mark the end of Bianca's 6 month title reign... but no, Bianca proved to be the EST again as she defeated the former champion to keep her title reign going.

:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) - At Bound for Glory, Alexander defeated Eddie Edwards in a near 30 minute match, and the next night defeated newly departed from AEW Bobby Fish to retain his title. He finished up the month at PPV's Battle in the Creek 2, going to a no-contest against MLW's Heavyweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone in a Title vs. Title match.

:kiddo: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Champion) - Kiyomiya is young, talented, and a 2-time Champion, and he defeated former champion Kazuyuki Fujita at NOAH's Ariake Triumph show at the end of the month... so everything's great, right? Well on paper perhaps, though in practise this was much like his eventual "triumph" over Keiji Mutoh where he somehow managed to be made to look like a complete chump while also winning the match. With a contested finish coming out of nowhere after getting his rear end beat by a laughing, mocking Fujita for the majority of the match, and lying half-dead on the canvas post-match whle Fujita strutted around bitching that his shoulder was up on the pinfall, it's a double-edged sword of the old guy obsessed NOAH finally making a young and clearly talented wrestler their "top" guy while also doing him no favors. It would take a phenomenally talented wrestler to survive this... but Kiyomiya IS phenomenally talented so hopefully he does!

:thatsrad: Kazusada Higuchi (KO-D Openweight Champion) - Higuchi continued his hard work as the champion of DDT, waving that flag and looking like a badass. But it's taking its toll, after a tough Tag Team main event at DDT Get Alive he had a sudden impromptu match against Shinya Aoki who cashed in a title shot he had won to try and take advantage. Surviving that, Higuchi didn't rest on his laurels, but went hard against former teammate and still friend Yukio Sakaguchi later in the month and on top of that is taking part in the D-Oh Grand Prix tournament in November!

:killdozer: Hiroyo Matsumoto (Beyond the Sea Champion) - The wrestler dubbed "Lady Destroyer" by Emi Sakura for breaking a wall on her Ice Ribbon debut, Matsumoto can now be known as the Beyond the Sea Champion after winning the title vacated by former champion Arisa Nakajima, who hadn't defended the title for 5 months. Beating Ayama Sasamura, Riko Kaiju, Riko Kawahata and finally Itsuki Aoki all in one night, Matsumoto certainly had to work for it!

Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) - At Impact's Bound for Glory PPV event, Grace continued her title reign with a win over the excellently named Masha Slamovich, before going on to defeat Gisele Shaw on Impact later that month.

:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (FORMER Princess of Princess Champion) - Her fifth defense was unfortunately the Big Kaiju's last! At Wrestle Princess 3, an emotional Nakajima was defeated at last as she discovered one of the few things more powerful than a Kaiju... a Chaos Djinn!

Yuka Sakazaki (Princess of Princess Champion) - Yes, the adorable little monster who revels in terrorizing and causing pain to her opponents is back on top for her third reign as Princess of Princess Champion! Defeating Nakajima and getting very emotional herself, Yuka announced TJPW will be going to Ariake Coliseum for Grand Princess in 2023, yet another sign of the growth of the wonderful TJPW promotion, and more fans for Yuka to torment her opponents in front of!

:joel: Switchblade Jay White (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) - Nobody REALLY thought that Tama Tonga was going to defeat the detestable pervert and take his place at January's Wrestle Kingdom... but there was a moment in the match when just maybe people thought,"Oh poo poo they're going to do it!". Because Switchblade really is amazing at making you believe that all his shittalking is going to backfire on him and he's finally going to eat poo poo... only for him to enrage you even further when he then triumphs! Managing to both praise Tama Tonga while highlighting himself as the greatest wrestler in New Japan, Switchblade insists that it will be the same for Okada in January. But this is October, and given the schedule for the IWGP Champion ahead of Wrestle Kingdom, likely your last chance to vote for him in 2022.

:spooky: (None of the Above) - October is Halloween month, it's spooky or something so uhhh.... boo? Anyway, this is the None of the Above option, select it to vote for... None of the Above!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I feel bad not voting for Kento because goddamn he deserves it, but Higuchi is still my champ. The Aoki match was way better than I imagined it would be, and the Sakaguchi defence was suitably brutal for the Eruption lads

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kento.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its christopher jericho the only honorable champion on this list

bartok
May 10, 2006

Sorry Mox but a sports entertainer always beats a pro wrestler.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Great Jase Space › The Great Jase Space's Sports Entertainment Champion for October, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

After taking an early lead just like last month, Chris Jericho is now tied up with the man who beat him in last month's poll, Jon Moxley! Every vote counts!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 2, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Higuchi went on a tear last night and used the spirit of his young boy to win so that's my champ

Mox would never use Yuta's moves to get a pin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Higuchi went on a tear last night and used the spirit of his young boy to win so that's my champ

That was November! :argh:

But also Higuchi loving owns so voting for him is entirely reasonable!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Mox knocked out a former champ with a simple lariat, gotta give him my vote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's STILL Switchblade Era :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We're two days in and it's still neck and neck between the frontrunners, don't forget to vote!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i'm sure jericho had a say in tonight, so

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's about a day and a half left to vote, and the margins are still razor thin, so vote!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

had to vote for Jericho here

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Jericho is the man that got Dalton Castle on my TV so I have to vote for him. All honor the Ocho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:prepop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We're tied up again! Only YOUR (yes, YOUR!) vote can make the difference!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i used my vote on jericho earlier, i should have waited til now so i could break the tie

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I voted for Jordynne Grace, so don't blame me!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Don't blame me I voted for Yuka.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

Don't blame me I voted for Yuka.

Yuka would appreciate the chaos that a draw would create :hai:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this would be our first draw in a real long time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

We're tied up again! Only YOUR (yes, YOUR!) vote can make the difference!

Oh cool. I already voted for The Ocho so please add one more vote to the total for The Ocho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If my math is right (it probably isn't!) you've got about 15 hours to get in your vote to put a stop to MRT's flagrant and unapologetic double-dipping.... or support it! Or vote for somebody else entirely.... it's your vote, do with it what you want so long as you actually use it!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am going to request to openly cheat and give jericho another vote please

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Votes for Jericho counting double is the most honorable solution

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Open-palm slammed a vote into the slot. It's for The Ocho

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
All honour to the Ocho

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PunishedEnzoMatrix posted:

Votes for Jericho counting double is the most honorable solution

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

every vote for jerico is 1.3 due to exchange rates

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shameful that all of you are rewarding this dishonourable cheater, instead of valuing the real champion, a man who fights all comers, from his own company and beyond:

Yes, of course, I mean the Catalyst, the Last Rocknrolla, King Switch, Jay White!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Shameful that all of you are rewarding this dishonourable cheater, instead of valuing the real champion, a man who fights all comers, from his own company and beyond:

Yes, of course, I mean the Catalyst, the Last Rocknrolla, King Switch, Jay White!

Word is he single-handedly sold out Madison Square Garden!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Word is he single-handedly sold out Madison Square Garden!

Shameful Matt Taven erasure

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Shameful Matt Taven erasure

Taven was the 4th most popular guy in that match. (Yes, I'm saying Todd Sinclair was probably more over)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think there's about 4 hours left to vote, and man it is still so close!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Probably about an hour and a half to get in your vote and be the difference you want to see in the world!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Probably about an hour and a half to get in your vote and be the difference you want to see in the world!

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

all hail the ocho