Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Allow me to introduce myself. I am known as mycelia, and alongside my co-mod Shell, I will be your guide to this role madness game for 13 players.

The Tokyo district of Sumida—formerly known as Honjo—is home to seven Mysteries. Tonight, those mysteries have taken the form of Curse Stones, each seeking out a Curse Bearer to use them. Kill someone with a Curse Stone and it becomes empowered; kill a fellow Curse Bearer and gain even more power; empower the Curse Stone to its fullest, and gain the ability to resurrect the dead ...

So there are seven power roles?
Well, there are actually nine Mysteries (it’s complicated), but no. The four non-Curse Bearer players have their own abilities.

Do I need to have played Paranormasight to enjoy this game?
Not at all. Actually, I’m partially creating it in the hopes I’ll entice more people to play it. To that end, this game only contains spoilers for the first “chapter” of Paranormasight. Any curse that is explained within that chapter will use their correct description. The curses that are revealed later in the story will be altered to avoid spoiling their story relevance. In addition, the in-story alignment of the curses and their bearers will not determine their alignment in this game.

Okay but what is Paranormasight
Ah, right. Paranormasight is an horror visual novel-adventure (like Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, that kind of thing). It was published by Square Enix, who promptly forgot to market it. You can find Paranormasight on Steam and various other consoles.

Rules
Rule 0, the important one that overrules all other rules: First and foremost, we are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Please make sure that at all times you put your own sanity and mental well-being first. If at any point you feel like you're having a bad time, like someone's taking things too far or just need someone to talk to, please contact your mods or one of our many community volunteers. The following users have been suggested as points of contact if you do not feel you can reach out to me: The Traditional Games forum moderators, Leperflesh and Antivehicular; and Mafia regulars VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, Cloacamazing!, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Opopanax, Sandwolf and Shellception.

1) Don't be a dick.
2) No unsanctioned out of thread communication about the game.
3) No copy-pasting any out of thread info into the thread, especially not your role PM. Paraphrasing is generally fine, when in doubt ask your mods.
4) Do not post after the hammer.
5) Do not fake day actions.
6) If a day action has taken place, the user and the target (if specified) should stop posting until the action has resolved.
7) Do not post when dead.
8) Don't edit your posts.
9) Lurker rules: Please attempt to make at least 5 posts with a reasonable amount of content (i.e. don't just post numbers, say something). Failure to reach the minimum postcount will get you a warning first, second time will get you modkilled. If you have problems reaching that number due to real life issues, let us know preferably in advance. We'll work something out.
10) Seriously, don't be a dick.

This game contains no elements that are purposefully designed as mod bastardry. There are no hidden components to any role that are not made clear in the role PM. Please feel free to ask for clarification from the mods in your confessional if you are unsure of anything.

Night action results will be given as "You successfully [action]ed your target.", followed by any further information. Failed actions will be given as "You failed to [action] your target." There will usually be some flavor text in italics delivered with the night results. While flavor text won't outright lie to you, it also isn't part of your result text. Rely on it at your own peril.

You will need Discord to play this. Please join the server here: https://discord.gg/YJYhbkcs

Players
1. Illusionis
2. fool of sound
3. SporkChan
4. CubicalSucrose
5. Yuming
6. Tired Moritz
7. Spacebanito
8. Keats
9. AFQM
10. Opoponax
11. Sandwolf
12. Hal Incandenza
13. Nutsack Rangoon

mycelia fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
What a horrible night to have a curse

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
ok

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

mycelia posted:

It was published by Square Enix, who promptly forgot to market it.

Typical really.

I'm in!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Panorama.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I’m in!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i always wanted to play the game but it never goes on sale at a convenient time for me

Spacebanito
Dec 4, 2009

Die thou unsung.
I have never even heard of this game, which scans to Squenix not marketing it, but I do like me some Mafia, and the vibe of Paranormalsight, so I'm in

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Sign me up for this!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sweet I love Paranorman

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well alright!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Spacebanito posted:

I have never even heard of this game, which scans to Squenix not marketing it, but I do like me some Mafia, and the vibe of Paranormalsight, so I'm in

Hello maybe-new-person, please see this important bit from the OP:

mycelia posted:

You will need Discord to play this. Please join the server here: https://discord.gg/YJYhbkcs

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
One more :sun:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I can play this, but I'm pretty busy Sunday/Monday (and if/when JCS mafia launches). But can't stand by if this is down a single player

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I can either sub in for Josef or just stay unspoiled as a potential backup to help this get started.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
can i play and may i please be town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Look at this guy!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Is Spacebanito actually Juanito? That would be like an amazing blast from the old days

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is Spacebanito actually Juanito? That would be like an amazing blast from the old days

vote tracker still running? that saved aliases.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

OMG Hi :sun:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

You may!!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

quote is not edit lmao

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Okay! Role PMs are going out, so if you are not in the Discord, please click the link in the OP and join it so I can give you your role! Currently missing Tired Moritz, Nutsack Rangoon and fool of sound.

Spacebanito
Dec 4, 2009

Die thou unsung.
Nah, I've only ever been this guy. Same name and even avatar since 2009

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

It is now Day 1. Deadline is in ~48 hours.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hello there, fellow towns.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Poste

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Totally unfamiliar with this game but it def feels very mafia lol

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Heads-up to Keats, I'm going to try my best to actually post townie this game, at least at the start. So if things sound off, that might be why (assuming I'm successful).

Spacebanito
Dec 4, 2009

Die thou unsung.
Meanwhile, I've been out of the game so long I don't even remember how to not be in the awkward standing around at the beginning of day1 phase of things except by swinging wildly so. Yknow. Be warned for that, I guess.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm going to try my best to actually post townie this game

Really think you've already failed!!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Spacebanito posted:

Meanwhile, I've been out of the game so long I don't even remember how to not be in the awkward standing around at the beginning of day1 phase of things except by swinging wildly so. Yknow. Be warned for that, I guess.

:justpost:

##vote Yuming dangerous scum

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Spacebanito posted:

Awkwardly standing around is all but meta for day 1 anyway lol

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I started Paranormasight but put it aside shorrly after the prologue and never came back to it

Surely this means I'll get executed D1 again

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Anyway, this time I have an info role

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

fool of sound posted:

Awkwardly standing around is all but meta for day 1 anyway lol

I refuse

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Anyway, this time I have an info role

Is the info that you know who your scumbuds are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Is the info that you know who your scumbuds are?

Is this supposed to be your idea of what towny posting looks like?