Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
New font
Wow its bad
Yeah it sucks
Agreed, its p bad
i like it!! :downs:
View Results

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qirex posted:

there was a product manager at an old company who I wanted to buy 2 copies of the mythical man month with a note "so you can read it twice as fast" but that's pretty passive aggressive

that owns tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

that owns tho

well if anyone ever does that put "©qirex" at the bottom of the note plz

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

qirex posted:

well if anyone ever does that put "©qirex" at the bottom of the note plz
that would be funny because your name is itself from a copyrighted computer game

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

1I|IllI1||Il|1llIl|1Il1Il|l1I|

mrnmrnmrnmrnmrnmrnm

O0O0O0O0O0O0O0

hello heIIo hello heIIo

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I miss lucida grande

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I use Lucida Sans for work emails

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Caithness posted:

I miss lucida grande

just wait, pop music will get u covered

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
MMM's a bit lacking in substance though other than the famous (but almost incidental) point that adding manpower to a late project makes it later.

the stuff about having a 10 person "surgical team" to support one or two ~*rockstar programmers*~ is particularly quaint, that and a whole lot of banging on about God

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

wesley snypes posted:

also one button that was actually just a .png

:agreed:

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

qirex posted:

there was a product manager at an old company who I wanted to buy 2 copies of the mythical man month with a note "so you can read it twice as fast" but that's pretty passive aggressive

:drat:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Dog posted:

MMM's a bit lacking in substance though other than the famous (but almost incidental) point that adding manpower to a late project makes it later.

the stuff about having a 10 person "surgical team" to support one or two ~*rockstar programmers*~ is particularly quaint, that and a whole lot of banging on about God

yeah, it's coming up on 40 years old now, and while some of the advice is timeless the rest isn't

i distinctly remember being assigned a chapter in which he outlines the optimal workflow for debugging a system/360 program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

I use Lucida Sans for work emails

i use gill sans because dogfucker lol

• Locked thread