Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best ROH Championship
The WORLD TELEVISION TITLE
The World Title
The World Tag Team Titles
Remember the Pure title? AJ held it before Rob Feinstein tried to have sex with fictional underage boys.
View Results

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Yuriy posted:

do people dislike jay for his wrestling or somethnig he does related to wrestling or is it because he says stupid poo poo sometimes like every wrestler

the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pariah Rex posted:

I hope Joe finally does what people chant at him and literally kills Jay Briscoe.

He's come close before.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Yuriy posted:

do people dislike jay for his wrestling or somethnig he does related to wrestling or is it because he says stupid poo poo sometimes like every wrestler

He's about as rad in real life as Austin Aries just not nearly as good at wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's crazy how they kept everybody in the match strong and yet put nobody over

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I like NWO era WCW and have a higer tolerance for clusterfucks than most of PSP, but that was just really loving lame

Yuriy posted:

Jay's a good champ, but that was a dumb lovely main event that didn't put him or anyone else in that match over

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

it's crazy how they kept everybody in the match strong and yet put nobody over

The guy with the real beef is Hanson, who kicked Jay's face into the third row and somehow lost because of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

funny if they hadnt announced Joe and he'd been a surprise at the end then the match wouldn't have mattered

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

we didn't even get a Hanson moonsault or cartwheel

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

this is the worst crime tonight imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

He did do a pretty bitchin' tope, however

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dont speak dave, can someone please tell me what this means

quote:

The finish was a ton of near falls, Elgin spin kicked Briscoe and he landed on top of Ciampa who Elgin.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yea ok posted:

i dont speak dave, can someone please tell me what this means

Hanson spinkicked Bricoe who fell unconscious on top of Ciampa for the pin. Hanson and Elgin were tangled up with each other and unable to break the pinfall

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thanks, that sounds silly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

yea ok posted:

Thanks, that sounds silly

It was even dumber in practice, because Elgin had clear view of Jay falling on Ciampa. So it makes Elgin look like a moron.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It was even dumber in practice, because Elgin had clear view of Jay falling on Ciampa. So it makes Elgin look like a moron.

elgin is a moron though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

elgin is a moron though

You'll get no disagreement from me but I somehow doubt that's how they want him to look, unless they're turning him into Hacksaw Mike Elgin

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NO ROMPE LA MESA

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Is anyone here a fan of Michael Elgin? Serious question.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

i generally enjoy his wrestling matches but he is incredibly unlikable in many ways

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What a silly dumb ending that made everyone look bad.

Great PPV otherwise tho. Best Bucks/reDRagon match to date

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

sigmachiev posted:

I like him, but I'm a former ECW Taz fan that likes short squatty guys in singlets doing power moves. But I've only been casually watching ROH a handful of times a year since Gabe left. What did he do to get everyone to turn on him? He was loved there for a while a few years ago I thought.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sigmachiev posted:

He is a cool dude.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

I like him, but I'm a former ECW Taz fan that likes short squatty guys in singlets doing power moves. But I've only been casually watching ROH a handful of times a year since Gabe left. What did he do to get everyone to turn on him? He was loved there for a while a few years ago I thought.

he went from a fun silent hoss to a REBEL OUTLAW in a horrendous worked shoot angle after his real contract dispute w/ ring of honor because he was serious about trying out for the st louis cardinals

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pariah Rex posted:

He's about as rad in real life as Austin Aries just not nearly as good at wrestling.

He's really good at wrestling, maybe better because his promos are dynamics and he carries himself like a champion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You'll get no disagreement from me but I somehow doubt that's how they want him to look, unless they're turning him into Hacksaw Mike Elgin

seriously watch elgin through that whole match and count how many times he does stupid things that result in him getting countered. I think he's a good wrestler but from a kayfabe-psychology standpoint he's a moron.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That show was The Illest. Genuinely didn't mind waiting for VOD as watching it on my tablet was supremely satisfying. My only gripes were the dumbness of that main event finish and the fact that there was no reveal with the KRD. Is it really just The Kingdom or was that a red herring? If it is just The Kingdom that's really stupid and makes very little sense. Also was underwhelmed by Alberto/Lethal. Anyone else?

oatgan posted:

i generally enjoy his wrestling matches but he is incredibly unlikable in many ways

This sums it up for me too and ever since he changed his gimmick I find him insufferable. I find it kinda hilarious that Elgin essentially turned heel because people are sick of his poo poo, and not in an effective heeling way, either.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

he went from a fun silent hoss to a REBEL OUTLAW in a horrendous worked shoot angle after his real contract dispute w/ ring of honor because he was serious about trying out for the st louis cardinals

I like his boxing entrance robe because it looks like a drat kimono with a hoodie.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What a dumb main event. So overbooked.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Slept on it; Bucks/reDRagon is my favorite match of the year and the only thing that can top it is probably a Bucks/reDRagon fight without honor.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I liked the NYC Bucks/Dragon match more but who cares they should just fight forever.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

How was the card and who won? Im too lazy to look this up on my phone

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Good and various peoples

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't think I've ever been as conflicted about an announce team as I am with Corino & Kelly. Sometimes they drive me nuts, sometimes I really like them.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

How was the card and who won? Im too lazy to look this up on my phone

Sydal, Moose, The Kingdom, AJ Styles, ODB, Jay Lethal, reDRagon, Jay Briscoe

weekly font posted:

I liked the NYC Bucks/Dragon match more but who cares they should just fight forever.
Between Raising The Bar, War of the Worlds, and All Star Extravaganza I think this one was the weakest of their series but thats not really saying much. It's different every time and still not old yet so just keep on wrestling until then (never)

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 2, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I don't think I've ever been as conflicted about an announce team as I am with Corino & Kelly. Sometimes they drive me nuts, sometimes I really like them.

I've never experienced the latter condition. I watched this on mute and don't feel like I missed anything.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Trent is working ROH in Milwaukee and Chicago in two weeks. Rocky is also on the poster so I assume they're working together.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Trent is working ROH in Milwaukee and Chicago in two weeks. Rocky is also on the poster so I assume they're working together.

https://mobile.twitter.com/trentylocks/status/572239100612349952

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Trent before Chucky T? That's... interesting

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TUS posted:

Trent before Chucky T? That's... interesting

Trent is the new member of Forever Hooligans now that Kozlov is retired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

Trent is the new member of Forever Hooligans now that Kozlov is retired

I think Rocky said the new team's name is Roppongi Vice. Also, isn't Taylor affiliated with Gabe's promotions?

• Locked thread