Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU DO THAT SPOT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Who is the non-English commentator? He got me pretty pumped up to put myself through some tables.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Oh no Britt is going to get fired now

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
jesus christ

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Thats an absolutely insane move to take.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

:stonk:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

like, that was cool as gently caress, I'm not saying it's not, but man I really don't want the guy with chronic neck problems doing back bumps off the top of a cage and I couldn't not think about it while it was happening

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Them tables didn't really work out for Adam Cole Baby.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

:stare: :stare: :stare:

A bit too long but that finish

:stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

:lol: they cut right to Britt

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That whole match was way more unsafe than Moxley vs Kenny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao god dammit why do these guys have to be signed to this loving company.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That finish was way too loving stupid

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
no one will survive, indeed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

That whole match was way more unsafe than Moxley vs Kenny.

By orders of loving magnitude. Still ruled though.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ciampa did do a really good job of protecting Cole with his forearm.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I wouldn't be surprised if the finish wasn't all that dangerous since Ciampa basically has him cradled. But what a great ppv goddamn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wish Keith Lee would smile at me like that

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I kinda feel for Adam Cole, last year (I think?) he was at the top of the cage to BAY BAY but he looked scared and tentative, like he didn't like heights and this year he gotta take a move from that height all the way down...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad that gang of proud boys all got beat to death.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Artelier posted:

I kinda feel for Adam Cole, last year (I think?) he was at the top of the cage to BAY BAY but he looked scared and tentative, like he didn't like heights and this year he gotta take a move from that height all the way down...

Adam Cole always takes the stupidest bumps in matches

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the finish wasn't all that dangerous since Ciampa basically has him cradled. But what a great ppv goddamn.

Yeah, it really didn't look that bad for Cole, but Ciampa was basically landing on his tailbone with his head whiplashing like a motherfucker on impact and it being Ciampa that makes me deeply nervous

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Artelier posted:

I think he's done some bullshit off the top every single one of these matches, hasn't he?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

feels so weird for a ppv to be done at 930

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What happened to fish that he’s limping out?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
there is no way SS is going to be that good

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hirez posted:

Not sure I have ever watched a Takeover where the main roster ppv the next day was better. I haven't seen them all, though.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Hirez posted:

That's not a remotely controversial statement.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hirez posted:

i'm hearing the main roster were super motivated by takeover and looking to put on a big performance to compete

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Astro7x posted:

What happened to fish that he’s limping out?

He's always injured. He might not be selling.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Not sure I have ever watched a Takeover where the main roster ppv the next day was better. I haven't seen them all, though.

This has never happened

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I haven’t watched one in a long time but I can’t even remember a WWE main PPV being positively reviewed for like, three years.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

CarlCX posted:

i appreciate that austin/michaels wrestlemania callback

Came to post this

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Blasmeister posted:

i'm hearing the main roster were super motivated by takeover and looking to put on a big performance to compete

The most likely scenario is that NXT loses every match possible as comeuppance for having a good PPV

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

I haven’t watched one in a long time but I can’t even remember a WWE main PPV being positively reviewed for like, three years.

NXT's Takeovers are always guaranteed better received than WWE's 5 hour ppvs because most the matches are good on Takeovers and there's usually no dumb poo poo unless its a Gargano vs Ciampa match

Midnightghoul posted:

The most likely scenario is that NXT loses every match possible as comeuppance for having a good PPV

more like NXT loses every match because they're all coming into them half dead

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

I think they're gonna win the two SS matches. It's obviously to WWE's benefit to get as many people checking out NXT as possible so they should give them a good showing. They'll lose the champion vs. champion matches though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

despite attaching himself to every part of this angle triple h refuses to officially be team nxt so yeah nxt is losing super hard

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Yinlock posted:

despite attaching himself to every part of this angle triple h refuses to officially be team nxt so yeah nxt is losing super hard

It 100% doesn't matter a minute after the PPV ends.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

FINAL 2019 NXT TAKEOVER CHICAGO COLON WARGAMES #BOOTY RATINGS (More #BOOTY, More Fun!)

Swerve v Garza: #BOO
Women's Wargames: #BOOTY
Men's Three-Way: #BOO
Finn v Riddle: #BOOT
Men's Wargames: #BOOTY

--

I've not been super high on NXT these last couple of months... between the Wednesday Night Wars and the build to SummerSlam I wasn't excited to go to Takeover today. I knew I'd still go because it's NXT (and will likely still go to a local Takeover in the future), but unlike the last two I wasn't hyped up in advance. I was there to watch the show.

Then the Wargames started. Those owned, I was standing, I was cheering, I was happy. Outside of Wargames my interest definitely flagged, but fun was had.

Good job, NXT. I doubt I'll watch you live until the next Takeover, but I hope you go back to normal now and don't rip yourself to pieces trying to beat AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I didn't like that last bump at all. It was far more dangerous than anything that Omega and Moxley did. I hope that everyone who had a problem with the risks taken in that match also have a problem with the insane risk taken at the end of this one. It was horrible, and I hope that I never see anything like it again.