Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

KENOH was seething having to wait for Naito’s entire entrance to finish

This would be a great match pairing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I want Naito vs. Kenoh, they're a match made in wrestling hell. Sweet, beautiful wrestling hell :hellyeah:

Shingo apparently said he wants the National title so I guess they're going the other direction. They're both good high intensity promos so I'll be happy if it happens.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerusalem posted:

The Japanese stream didn't mute out all the entrances/crowd mics/wrestlers during all the pre and post match stuff for every match like it did for the English stream, but you can't choose to access it, Abema only gave people outside of Japan (to the best of my knowledge) an option to buy the English stream, with the Japanese one being a separate purchase only available if Abema thinks you're Japanese.

Ah this makes sense.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Smoking Crow posted:

do you guys think that literally any of the singles matches teased this morning will actually happen

Hope springs eternal. It makes sense that the first event is sold on the mere idea of the interpromotional contest and then the next time out you have some potential Singles matches coming out of it.

I get being let down if I'd bought this PPV but watching the WU version with Pickering & Fulton and yeah, sucks the music is muted but at this point I'm used to it, Japanese copyright rules suck rear end.

Only 4 matches in but everything has been entertaining to this point. Loved the young boys battle even if Yano should've gotten the win and the 10 man tag is worth it entirely for Inamura vs Ishii interactions. Hadn't even twigged we're getting that and it obviously rocked.

SHO is at least funny with his garbage heel nonsense compared to EVIL, who is just bleak.

Sad that this was on abema & we didn't get the weird point scores for everyone.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This show is real good fun. Wish I'd found the time to watch it before now, deserves it.

Mark points out "how frustrated Kenoh looks" at LIJ milking their entrance and dawg, this is what Kenoh looks like every day of the year. It's why we love him. If Kenoh didn't look frustrated I'd demand a refund.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

If Kenoh didn't look frustrated I'd demand a refund.

Seriously, if Kenoh ever has a moment of genuine, uncomplicated happiness then NOAH is dead forever. :hai:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wow, Hiromu attacking Nioh for no reason, BASTARD

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you were doing show of singles match Nioh vs Hiromu would actually be dope.

Could just do a Kongo vs LIJ Produce show and it'd honestly be perfect.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

These Shingo & Tadasuke exchanges have been a quality surprise. Really fun combo considering everything.

Match is honestly everything I wanted it to be. Kongo are so my guys. Oh I love Kenoh so much. Also just glad that Kongo didn't just get eaten up. Sure, New Japan came out on top of the night but at least it wasn't Tana being a prick towards HARASHIMA.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I definitely think they're aiming to do a second show with actual marquee matches. Like, I don't think Okada poo poo-talking Kaito and Kaito sobbing on the apron, in a deliberate echo of Okada with Tana at WK9 was an accident.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It seems pretty obvious that, after the fast sell out, both promotions went “oh we gotta do this again” and booked out this card with that in mind. My assumption is they’ll run the Budokan before or after the G1 since that’s more or less “home turf” for NOAH and they go over strong on that one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think I've mentioned it before but another reason why this will probably happen again is that though everyone thinks of Abema solely as a CyberAgent thing, TV Asahi actually own a pretty substantial minority stake in it (I think over 30%) so it makes a lot of sense to keep doing it from all angles.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

According to Wikipedia it’s actually closer to 40% (38.4% to be exact). They’re the second biggest investor besides CyberAgent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will be happy with a repeat, even with the audio muting, as long as Abema doesn't poo poo the bed and cut out for 10 minutes again