Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ok, I appreciate the answers.
I'm at Galaxycon with one of my kids, and I guess I've lived in a bubble for a while, because this is the first time I've seen a large gathering of furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Pine Cone Jones posted:

No, but like anything else people are involved in, people gently caress.

It's about deciding how to present yourself, existing in a space that's primarily queer, and a distraction from the awful clusterfuck of reality that isn't based around an IP.

bring out the charts and/or graphs featuring fun SOAN jargon (even in context, "recruiting furries" and "furry informants" will never not be funny)

it's maybe less "because sex stuff" and more "often as a means of sexual expression, in a clearly signaled community"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
in the updates to finding out who my biological grandfather is, i have learned that my grandma was married to an af guy stationed in england when she got pregnant with my mom.

my grandfather is jody.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
There's a legacy to live up to

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GD_American posted:

There's a legacy to live up to

it explains so much.

i'm actually emailing with my granddad this morning. he was a bubblehead in the 50s on the sarda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why does Gordon's insist on selling their gin in plastic bottles? Stop making me feel like a bottom shelf alky you limey jerks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Come watch the SAW PPV. I'm the only GiP wrestler on the roster at the moment and in a 3 on 1 handicap match with some damned skeletons.

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

For those that have no idea what it is, they make create-a-wrestlers based on poster's avatars. It's all AI vs AI. It's dumb but a lot of fun.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

IDK if dad Chat or drunk thread but I've been drinking so drunk thread it is.

Glory is the superior Civil War movie to Gettysburg. Prove me wrong.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Why would I want to disprove the truth?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

Why would I want to disprove the truth?

:hfive:

I've had people tell me Glory is incredibly boring but Gettysburg is somehow a fast paced epic which lol.

I like Gettysburg but come onnnnnn.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hm, a two hour movie with Andre Braugher, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman or a 4.5 hour movie starring I don't even care I'm going to just read a book instead.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Handsome Ralph posted:

:hfive:

I've had people tell me Glory is incredibly boring but Gettysburg is somehow a fast paced epic which lol.

I like Gettysburg but come onnnnnn.

Gettysburg tries to both sides it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah Glory is by far the winner. I think the only three good Civil War movies are Glory (top by far, and great across the board), Gone With the Wind (mostly for it's role in cinema history, despite romanticizing the south), and Lincoln (only for Daniel Day Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones, because the Spielberg Schmaltz is super cloying).

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I inherited a DVD of Gone with the wind from my Grandfather. I put the wrong side on first and thus enjoyed a dramatic, punchy film that started with a gripping cold opening panning across a sea of wounded soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
We've gotten several ahistorical or barely historical films about the fun involved in massacring Nazis. I want my Reb-stomping Civil War action movies. And no, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter does not count.