Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dijakovic is going to Raw soon according to WOR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Dijakovic is going to Raw soon according to WOR.

Vince saw all the big boys on Dynamite

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Incessant Excess posted:

The most likely outcome imo.

The only question is who punts who in the nuts.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
What is Edge's best non-gimmick singles match? I'd say either the Taker match at Mania or the hair match with Angle.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If the pc crowd does less than 3 THIS IS AWESOME chants during Edge vs Orton ill be legit impressed by the restraint.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What is Edge's best non-gimmick singles match? I'd say either the Taker match at Mania or the hair match with Angle.

Which one is the one where Vickie tried to spear him? Versus Ziggler? That one.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In "Most Falls Count Anywhere Matches Suck" news Crush vs Macho Man at Wrestlemania 10 is pretty decent. It has a weird gimmick where after the fall the opponent has 60 seconds to return to the ring but this surprisingly helps the match more than it hurts it and I think this is the only good Crush match ever. Macho Man was for sure an awful person but he got some good matches out of bad wrestlers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I guarantee you they're gonna do something that would not be considered a "straight up wrestling match"

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fifth Orton Headlock in the match

*CLAP CLAP CLAP* THIS IS WRESTLING! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Rick posted:

In "Most Falls Count Anywhere Matches Suck" news Crush vs Macho Man at Wrestlemania 10 is pretty decent. It has a weird gimmick where after the fall the opponent has 60 seconds to return to the ring but this surprisingly helps the match more than it hurts it and I think this is the only good Crush match ever. Macho Man was for sure an awful person but he got some good matches out of bad wrestlers.

Each to their own but thought this was a horrific match and it had one of the worst botched finishes I can recall.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rick posted:

Macho Man sold his soul to the devil to get good matches out of Warrior

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
BEST MATCH EVEEEER *clap clap clap-clap-clap* BEST MATCH EVEEEER *clap clap clap-clap-clap* BEST MATCH EVEEEER *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I don't think it'll get a fight forever chant since that was the theme of their wrestlemania match

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I wish they had the crowds now at WM.

I want 30 plus employees chanting "Wrestlemania Moment!" at Edge/Orton stumbling over each other.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rick posted:

The only question is who punts who in the nuts.

Orton nut-punting Edge now, Edge nut-punting Orton the following PPV. Blow-off at Great Balls of Fire.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I wish they had the crowds now at WM.

I want 30 plus employees chanting "Wrestlemania Moment!" at Edge/Orton stumbling over each other.

no clapping pattern could make that chant have rhythm

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Blaise330 posted:

no clapping pattern could make that chant have rhythm

Chanting Wreeeeestlemania Mo-ment to to Heyyy We Want Some Bayleyyyy rhythm

Don't worry the PC people will figure it out after the next 9 hour practice run

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Accident Underwater posted:

Chanting Wreeeeestlemania Mo-ment to to Heyyy We Want Some Bayleyyyy rhythm

Don't worry the PC people will figure it out after the next 9 hour practice run

It'd be to Seven Nation Army.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I really want the match to be Edge and Orton taking turns kicking each other in the balls harder and harder while the wrestlers yell "OOOOOOHH!!" louder and louder each time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rumors going around that over the last 2 days executives, refs and producers got notice they'll be taking a pay cut

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Chris James 2 posted:

Rumors going around that over the last 2 days executives, refs and producers got notice they'll be taking a pay cut

for WHAT? They're still making massive profits.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aren't they actually making BIGGER profits not running shows?

I imagine its really just that WWE has realized they need to make even less effort than they usually do so a bunch of their employees are less important to them than they thought.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blaise330 posted:

WWE Executive: Thank you for that question, we're not going to answer that at this time. Our social media numbers are very impressive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Mammon demands tribute

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gotta get that share value back to 75 bucks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Each time WWE are in the news for being a lovely unethical company their employees and independent contractors get bonus exposure and WWE is merely adjusting the monetary part of their payment.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave talked about this on today's WOR and also mentioned that the executives all publicly announced they were taking pay cuts but since they're also compensated with stock shares most of them ended up coming out ahead since announcing the pay cuts and layoffs caused the stock to go up

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

In the end, Eat My Fuc will have the last laugh on us all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave talked about this on today's WOR and also mentioned that the executives all publicly announced they were taking pay cuts but since they're also compensated with stock shares most of them ended up coming out ahead since announcing the pay cuts and layoffs caused the stock to go up
:capitalism:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

OctoberCountry posted:

Underrated part of being rich, getting "I MAKE SACRIFICES FOR YOU ALL" bragging rights for doing stuff that makes you richer. Money is nice, but money + sleeping easier at night thinking your worthless sacrifice makes you a good person, what a combo.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

TriffTshngo posted:

It'd be to Seven Nation Army.

Haven't been able to stop thinking about this and I hate it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

quote:

Per Meltzer, most of the referees if not all of them have taken a pay cut. The belief is that the cuts are as much as 20 percent of their pay.

I put "rumors" because I saw "refs getting 20% pay reduction" and genuinely couldn't believe it no matter how much I read or heard it. There because they're punished if they're not, mid-plague, despite the company saying publicly "it's okay to stay home during this", and then their pay gets cut by a fifth despite the company already telling its stockholders on the record they're making more money than ever. In many ways this not only doesn't need to happen, it has no benefit from happening (they have nowhere and nobody new to spend it on, and they've seemingly stopped their practice of hoarding every talent even mid-plague that they don't plan on using because nobody else is running shows)

Rarity posted:

Almost there at *checks* 46.27

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

OctoberCountry posted:

You don't make money unless you sell the stock, and this company is a single COVID19 outbreak away from the stock tanking.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OctoberCountry posted:

Story on f4wonline:

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-cutting-producer-and-referee-pay-312281?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

Dozens of wrestlers, producers, referees, and other talent were laid off or furloughed as part of the moves. Meltzer said that if contracted talent were asked to take a pay cut, they could become free agents which means other groups like AEW could try to sign them. Thus, that would be a last resort.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I can't imagine the refs were making that much to begin with.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Whatever the refs make they should probably be given more, they do a lot of work outside in ring performances much of it including manual labor.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Orton nut-punting Edge now, Edge nut-punting Orton the following PPV. Blow-off at Great Balls of Fire.

Lmao

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Fifth Orton Headlock in the match

*CLAP CLAP CLAP* THIS IS WRESTLING! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Each to their own but thought this was a horrific match and it had one of the worst botched finishes I can recall.

I guess I didn’t care that Macho didn’t successfully suspend Crush from the rigging because he was still tied at the ankles.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Whatever the refs make they should probably be given more, they do a lot of work outside in ring performances much of it including manual labor.

Yeah maybe you can suggest as much at the next stockholders' conference call.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

I really hope more talent follow Gulag. WWE exemplifies that companies don't share profit with workers, they hoard wealth.

WWE could so easily be a good company, they're just evil shits because they can be.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm it's a syxxa

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm pleased to announce that Sting: The Lost Tape isn't just him telling a bunch of racial slurs like Practically Every Other Wrestler: The Lost Tape probably is.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm pleased to announce that Sting: The Lost Tape isn't just him telling a bunch of racial slurs like Practically Every Other Wrestler: The Lost Tape probably is.

The clip I saw of him and macho on WWE's youtube was hilarious, Randy was quick witted as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Turns out that employing a bajillion writers and producers to work on cuck story lines and King Corbin was a high water mark compared to a drug addict angle for a guy with ongoing drug issues or a guy who is legit fired making it to the finals of a tournament as the underdog.