Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had completely forgotten Alpha Protocol stars the mute goth 16 year old Revolver Ocelot girl. Chris Avellone must be killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Defeat Natus

Time to hunt the monsters.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Win any Blitzball game

2-1 win over the Ronso Fangs, just ran circles around them until Tidus got open

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

next i might do a veteran run as a complete sociopath rear end in a top hat.

: Romance Mina

: Beat the game as a Recruit

: Beat the game as a SUAVE agent

thanks to dendy, for good sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

: Intercept Shaheed and recover the missiles

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i cant grind teh arena anymore. this is dogshit

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Beat the game

Now that I'm done I'm not sure if I want to keep going for the superbosses.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had completely forgotten Alpha Protocol stars the mute goth 16 year old Revolver Ocelot girl. Chris Avellone must be killed

I had never really thought about the fact that Avellone wrote for this but now that I have I feel like I immediately know which lines were his sole credit (epic wacky polar bear rape, etc)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

She gave me $25,000 for this:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

just started alpha protocol. got sent to saudi arabia and i made friends with the jealous bitch dude by shooting a place up. game owns so far

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

: Finish Rome first

Honestly no clue if I'll be able to finish this in the time limit at the rate I'm going, but I'll give it a try

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Punished Chuck posted:

I had never really thought about the fact that Avellone wrote for this but now that I have I feel like I immediately know which lines were his sole credit (epic wacky polar bear rape, etc)

Yeah I haven't played since he really turned out to be a sad sexual harassment freak but I can no longer tell whether the joke is supposed to be that Mike doesn't know how to talk to women or if the writer thinks that rambling about making babies in the supply closet is actually a smooth way to talk to your colleagues

Also Steven Heck is not as funny as I remember him being

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
So is there a way to get the spheres to fill in the blank spaces on the grid or am I just going to have to double-back on the track later in the game?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Tonesy posted:

So is there a way to get the spheres to fill in the blank spaces on the grid or am I just going to have to double-back on the track later in the game?

you've got to head back or use Teleport Spheres to make your way to blank spots on the grid iirc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

grieving for Gandalf is right. what i remember doing is getting one person (tidus is a good start) a weapon with triple overdrive/triple AP, setting Overdrive to AP on, and fighting Don Tonberry until they have enough AP to basically take a stroll around the whole grid, and fill in all the empty ones along the way, like a sphere grid santa. then the other folks can just hit the new spheres as they pass.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

grieving for Gandalf is right. what i remember doing is getting one person (tidus is a good start) a weapon with triple overdrive/triple AP, setting Overdrive to AP on, and fighting Don Tonberry until they have enough AP to basically take a stroll around the whole grid, and fill in all the empty ones along the way, like a sphere grid santa. then the other folks can just hit the new spheres as they pass.

The problem is that becoming strong enough to farm stat spheres requires filling out a huge percentage of the grid with multiple characters. The tedium of preparing for post game is ridiculous

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

The problem is that becoming strong enough to farm stat spheres requires filling out a huge percentage of the grid with multiple characters. The tedium of preparing for post game is ridiculous

It takes a minute to be sure. Final Fantasy X is weird, because there's the regular game, and then at some point, you just kind of crossover into being able to actually do Arena stuff, at which point the entire regular game becomes a joke, lol. Like even the Omega Dungeon is a cakewalk at that point as long as you prep for the malboros a tiny bit.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm pretty sure the post game takes longer than the plain game, and 90% of it is just moving around the sphere grid or fighting Don Tonberry/Kottos/Earth Eater a billion times.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

I'm pretty sure the post game takes longer than the plain game, and 90% of it is just moving around the sphere grid or fighting Don Tonberry/Kottos/Earth Eater a billion times.

Earth Eater for luck? I skipped out on luck but the rest of this sounds pretty accurate, lol. I did it twice.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

Earth Eater for luck? I skipped out on luck but the rest of this sounds pretty accurate, lol. I did it twice.

Yeah you can't get Fortune Spheres from Kottos for some reason so you have to fight Earth Eater to get 2 every 5-6 minutes, unless he drops Dark Matter instead. Now that you mention it skipping Luck sounds great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

Yeah you can't get Fortune Spheres from Kottos for some reason so you have to fight Earth Eater to get 2 every 5-6 minutes, unless he drops Dark Matter instead. Now that you mention it skipping Luck sounds great.

once you have 255 of the other stats it seems pretty unnecessary, haha. i did more HP instead, i think.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

once you have 255 of the other stats it seems pretty unnecessary, haha. i did more HP instead, i think.

more than 9999 hp is unnecessary from what i've seen. there aren't many moves that kill you from 9999 with 255 defense that don't kill you with more hp. plus your armor needs auto-phoenix anyway. this is the first time i've done any post game and it feels completely pointless. pre-arena the game isn't very hard until sin but you have to strategize a bit but postgame is just using a rikku mix and spamming quick hit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

more than 9999 hp is unnecessary from what i've seen. there aren't many moves that kill you from 9999 with 255 defense that don't kill you with more hp. plus your armor needs auto-phoenix anyway. this is the first time i've done any post game and it feels completely pointless. pre-arena the game isn't very hard until sin but you have to strategize a bit but postgame is just using a rikku mix and spamming quick hit

yeah. i've only fought Nemesis twice but i think his big moves will kill you even if you break HP cap and you absolutely need auto-phoenix at that point anyway. but it's fun to make the numbers go up, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The FFX post game is horrible and not worth engaging with at all. It's like they forgot to include anything to do between the final boss and the omega bosses . Spoiled by DQ postgames.

Last time I played x when the HD versions came out I did use zanketrtsu to just instagib a couple of the world bosses. That was satisfying

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The wildest thing the international version does, to me, is locking Jecht Spheres/Auron's last overdrive behind a couple of superbosses unless you walk your rear end all the way back to Besaid from Macalania as soon you find the first one.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

welcome posted:

The wildest thing the international version does, to me, is locking Jecht Spheres/Auron's last overdrive behind a couple of superbosses unless you walk your rear end all the way back to Besaid from Macalania as soon you find the first one.

hope no one that wants Tidus' Celestial Weapon forgot to get the hidden chest in Besaid Temple

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I didn't but how do they block you from going back to besaid

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
They just put dark aeons in the way.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Having to choose between playing without guides or spoilers and the nagging thoughts of possibly missing on something important are at a constant tug of war.

This sig under renovation

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

qnqnx posted:

Having to choose between playing without guides or spoilers and the nagging thoughts of possibly missing on something important are at a constant tug of war.

It's an FF game, nothing is truly important

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Jecht spheres are.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I didn't but how do they block you from going back to besaid

yeah they put a dark aeon in the way, and beating it would require such preparation that you probably wouldn't care about getting it anymore anyway

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Just realized I missed the Valefor Overdrive dog in FFX. Again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ooh Omen Deng tra la la
Ooh my Deng Deng dong

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

: Wake up on the beach
: Hit the Jecht Shot

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

P-Mack posted:

tifa's important

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ooh Omen Deng tra la la
Ooh my Deng Deng dong

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vadun posted:

Just realized I missed the Valefor Overdrive dog in FFX. Again

That's the weirdest thing. Why is it there. Why is Valefor the only Aeon that gets a second overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

: Intercept Shaheed and recover the missiles

cool game so far. it's wild how well the dialogue flows and how every other game i've played that tries to do dialogue this way completely fucks it up lol