Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

: Intercept Shaheed and recover the missiles

This game rules. All the mechanics are pretty janky (though not without charm), but the dialog and writing are phenomenal. I really dig how you get perks for every dang thing you do in the game - it really feels like your character is growing in real time. I'd forgotten how much I liked how the gameplay just flows - don't overthink it, go with your gut, live with the consequences. I'm pumped I finally have time to play games again. Here's hoping I'll be able to button it up by deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lmao if you pick the suave option when replying to Heck's insane email, you hit him with a Time Cube reference:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

that last bit at the end of the mission was pretty dicey for stealth/no kills. also throwing a guy over a railing isn't murder. the game's a lot of fun, i think i can at least get taiwan cleared by the deadline but i've also gotta make up a lot of ground in final fantasy.

turn off signatures

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Appendectomy Procedure.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hamsauce666 posted:

Lmao if you pick the suave option when replying to Heck's insane email, you hit him with a Time Cube reference:

lol cool

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

copy posted:

cool game so far. it's wild how well the dialogue flows and how every other game i've played that tries to do dialogue this way completely fucks it up lol

yeah I've been thinking about it since I finished and appreciating how the real time dialogue selection makes you make a quick decision how you want to reply and also lets the conversations really flow. it's very cool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tried to beat Omen Deng during the level rather than in the boss fight and he used ancient Chinese sorcery to clip through the floor and shoot me to death while only his foot wobbled at me mockingly. He must die

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

: Win any Blitzball game

2 - 1. Besaid Aurochs beat the Luca Goers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kind of wish learning anti techs in Blitzball wasn't such a pain in the rear end. Volley Shot's even worse since I've only seen it go off once in dozens of games.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Kind of wish learning anti techs in Blitzball wasn't such a pain in the rear end. Volley Shot's even worse since I've only seen it go off once in dozens of games.

It’s completely unnecessary. The only skill that matters is jecht shot and putting brother midfield

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually did the cheat strategy where id go up one goal and then hide behind the net until the time ran out

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Cool look

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao i didnt even notice

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

the glasses are primo in this game. i can't choose

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

the glasses are primo in this game. i can't choose

the bright orange ones imo but theres a lot of contenders

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremely strong beard game too betwn soul patch and the giant lovely lumberjack beard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Omen Deng Deng Dong used evil Chinese magic, clipped through the floor then hit me on the head with his gigantic 3x size foot. For being a Stand user in an otherwise sensible game, and for being a traitor to the People's Republic, and also for dropping a solid gold shotgun that will help me afford the top tier pistol, he died

: Finish Taipei first

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

extremely strong beard game too betwn soul patch and the giant lovely lumberjack beard

genuinely think my Spigot from Jerkcity turned out alright when he started unprompted wearing the perfect turtleneck lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I skipped whatever the bullshit with butterflies was. Looking for Jecht spheres sounds like rear end too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I skipped whatever the bullshit with butterflies was. Looking for Jecht spheres sounds like rear end too

the scenes are good

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

It’s completely unnecessary. The only skill that matters is jecht shot and putting brother midfield

that's the most annoying thing about bliztball. really early on the strategy is to just get a couple of points and then toss the ball back and forth between the defense. any of the pass techniques that go up to 3 will technically make them level more but who cares, lol. like it's annoying that it's hard to get the goalie experience but he also doesn't need any! definitely needed a little tweaking.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

genuinely think my Spigot from Jerkcity turned out alright when he started unprompted wearing the perfect turtleneck lol

T STEVE HECK I WOKE UP ON THE FLOOR OF THE STALL WITH NO SHOES IS THAT GULF WAR SYNDROME

turn off signatures

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
beating the luca goers in the first tournament round:

forgot to take a pic but thankfully i recorded my playthrough so heres a gif of the jecht shot:
https://i.imgur.com/OS0GfRd.mp4

getting the sun shizz and making ultimate weapon:

beating the game:

: Wake up on the beach
: Defeat Sinspawn Gui
: Defeat Anima
: Defeat Natus
: Return to the Ruins
: Beat the game
: Hit the Jecht Shot
: Power up Caladbolg (PLATINUM)

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
still one of my all-time favorite games and it was fun to replay it, had been a while

dont have the time this month to do penance but i was curious to try it for the first time itd just be a lot of grinding tho

WOULD PLAY AGAIN :santahurr:

optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Looks like I'll have to save Alpha Protocol for Impmas, maybe next week's game as well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Omen Deng Deng Dong used evil Chinese magic, clipped through the floor then hit me on the head with his gigantic 3x size foot. For being a Stand user in an otherwise sensible game, and for being a traitor to the People's Republic, and also for dropping a solid gold shotgun that will help me afford the top tier pistol, he died

deng nebengus

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

deng nebengus

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

deng nebengus

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Beat the game as both Recruit and Veteran (PLATINUM)

This time played as a smarmy suave agent, mostly nonlethal, stealthy which was satisfying to do after playing the first run like a Ghost Recon game, Scarlet romance. I managed to do a few things I never had before that I always wanted to, like completely ghosting through the CIA listening post (not very hard this time so I'm not sure why it gave me trouble before, although maybe it's just because I did Rome last this time and already had my Stealth skill maxed out) and killing Marburg in the museum.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

heck rules

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 18, 2024

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
can i be on the roll list ive gotten trophies for 3 years lol and i plan on being more active in da club

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

starbarry clock posted:

can i be on the roll list ive gotten trophies for 3 years lol and i plan on being more active in da club

is your taste in games anything like your taste in movies

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

This game continues to kick a ton of rear end. I'm making friends with everyone except for the slimy corporate goons and the spooky rent-a-terrorist guy, and haven't murdered anyone any named characters in cold blood yet. The boss fights are... not great, especially since I'm running a full stealth/pistols build. Chain shot rules, though, so it's hard to complain too much.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hamsauce666 posted:

This game continues to kick a ton of rear end. I'm making friends with everyone except for the slimy corporate goons and the spooky rent-a-terrorist guy, and haven't murdered anyone any named characters in cold blood yet. The boss fights are... not great, especially since I'm running a full stealth/pistols build. Chain shot rules, though, so it's hard to complain too much.

I know the game really emphasised that there's benefits to making enemies of everyone but unless you're doing it because it's funny, I don't think I've ever seen good reason to piss people off lol. No I don't care about handler perks and neither does anyone else

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Hit the Jecht Shot

that game went a bit rough, was 0-0 until overtime and wakka sunk the winning goal. hell yeah brother.

turn off signatures

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

i love video games more than movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ominous