Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Radiation Cow posted:

Taz and Opal have the best fashion sense in this thread

excuse me!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Radiation Cow posted:

Katie has opinions

:raise:

:lofty:

This is the kind of wholesome greyhound content I come to the thread for

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that’s a pro tier side-eye in the first pic

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Radiation Cow posted:

Ex-squeeze me? My dog begs to differ.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 5, 2022

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I think we need to start a fashion contest. And then say that all the dogs in the thread are the most fashionable.

E: Here's my contribution:

Radiation Cow fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 12, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The winner of this contest is me reading the thread

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Fighting words.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Radiation Cow posted:

I think we need to start a fashion contest. And then say that all the dogs in the thread are the most fashionable.

E: Here's my contribution:

oh my god is your dog loving Liberace

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

omg :3:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
If that raincoat is from K9, Katie has the exact same one. Her head stays under the hood for about 5 seconds before she starts looking around

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
I need to find photos of some of Tubbs' ridiculous outfits, in the meantime here he is having some epic dreams on the new couch (sound on is a must)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa40IVZVDwI

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
From that time when Spartacus was sad to be a bus

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

DarkHorse posted:

This is a great photo of a bus, but I don't see Sparty. Is this one of those 'spot the dog!' challenges? I can't see anyone in the windows... :confused:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DarkHorse posted:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a greyhound look more miserable than this :haw:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

DarkHorse posted:

lol

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

The Greyhound Megathread: we are so sad to be a bus

Edit to add a sad dog who is turning 9 on Monday

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 13, 2021

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

This is a good page :kimchi:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I agree! All the pups ITT have exceptional taste in fashion, whether they like it or not. *cough*Sparty*cough*
Greys are also such good posers :3: (case in point: pastor of muppets' photo)

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

bamhand posted:

Was looking up our Doggles and his sire was Last Outlaw, who sired 343 greyhounds. Anyone have a half brother or sister to our dog?

Yep! Jody’s sire is also Last Outlaw. Her race name was WW Legacy Sport.

Obligatory Jody photo:

Never mind the drool spots on the couch.

We got a couple new hives of bees in this past weekend and Jody decided to bite the bees. This resulted in a sting. :downs: Thankfully she didn’t swell up and she seems to avoid the hives now.

Edit: I can’t just leave Barley out

Drunk Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 13, 2021

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

pastor of muppets posted:

The Greyhound Megathread: we are so sad to be a bus

Edit to add a sad dog who is turning 9 on Monday

:swoon:

We really wanted a brindle but instead we got a weird deer

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Obligatory Jody photo:

Never mind the drool spots on the couch.

We got a couple new hives of bees in this past weekend and Jody decided to bite the bees. This resulted in a sting. :downs: Thankfully she didn’t swell up and she seems to avoid the hives now.

Edit: I can’t just leave Barley out

Jody and Barley are very good dogs :kimchi:

What's up fellow beekeeper! :hfive:

This is my first year keeping a hive in the yard with the dogs, so far no accidents (that I know of) but I'm interested to see what they're like in the fall :ohdear:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Great page! Will post some pics of our girl when I remember.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Yay! Step siblings! Doggles is WW's Impala.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Getting very tired of people IRL commenting that my dog looks "old" or "sick" or "frail"

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

actionjackson posted:

Getting very tired of people IRL commenting that my dog looks "old" or "sick" or "frail"

Hang in there man. To be fair our dogs look frail to most people even when they are healthy :3:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

bamhand posted:

Yay! Step siblings! Doggles is WW's Impala.

That there is a bed sleeping pro :kimchi:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
After a pretty traumatic Saturday last weekend where she got attacked (I also got bitten a bit), and after some pain meds and antibiotics she's back to her usual zooming self...why yes that rug was under the couch prior :colbert:

And for the fashion show...

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Red_Fred posted:

And for the fashion show...

Blacks dogs :swoon:

“You’re not going to post this anywhere right?”

Sorry you two got attacked; Katie would probably be off for quite a while after that

Katie did well in daycare (I was worried) and tomorrow’s the big greyhound play date, so hopefully we get through the week unscathed

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCyELbBi384

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahaha

Abby used to get really excited and put up her ears when I played those vids, now nothing

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The play date was a success! Katie very much enjoyed meeting so many new people, all of which were required to pet her. She thought some of the dogs were ok too, I GUESS.

I’m sure the official photos & videos will be better, I was focused on Katie most of the time (or being assaulted by other vicious bloodthirsty hounds that demanded pets).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jdZclCg7II

https://youtube.com/shorts/vbjC6CEQgx0?feature=share

I’ve you’ve never seen 30+ greyhounds at once, it’s an experience. Very jealous of this massive backyard enclosure these people had.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

hahaha

Abby used to get really excited and put up her ears when I played those vids, now nothing

Sparty never ever roos. I remember him doing it exactly once before. Now he's done it several times while our guest has been here.

Isn't that right, you weird couch goblin?

That's right you should be ashamed of yourself

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
:eyepop:

Sometimes I wonder if I got a scrawny lab or a greyhound. After the greyhound meet yesterday, Katie didn’t seem any more tired than normal and we went on a walk in the local park in the evening. Today we went to a big fancy park. Even after 5 miles of hiking, I had a hard time getting her back in the car. When we came back she didn’t go to sleep either, she just sulked in her crate for an hour until it was time for the evening walk (which was only 15 minutes, thankfully).

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

david_a posted:

:eyepop:

Sometimes I wonder if I got a scrawny lab or a greyhound. After the greyhound meet yesterday, Katie didn’t seem any more tired than normal and we went on a walk in the local park in the evening. Today we went to a big fancy park. Even after 5 miles of hiking, I had a hard time getting her back in the car. When we came back she didn’t go to sleep either, she just sulked in her crate for an hour until it was time for the evening walk (which was only 15 minutes, thankfully).

Both of our greyhounds are extremely fit. We take Gello on regular 10 - 15 km hikes on the weekend, and Boudicca can easily manage 5 km, but her joints start getting sore from all the uneven ground. So, congrats on your fit couch potato.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Radiation Cow posted:

Both of our greyhounds are extremely fit. We take Gello on regular 10 - 15 km hikes on the weekend, and Boudicca can easily manage 5 km, but her joints start getting sore from all the uneven ground. So, congrats on your fit couch potato.

Do they still sleep a lot or do they get restless a lot more if they aren't going for constant walks?

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

They still sleep most of the day. They get around 1 -2 hours of walkies in the morning and then they're fine for the rest of the day. I can even skip a day or two with no ill effects, but that may be because they're slightly older: Gello is six and Boudicca is approximately between eight and ten.

So they're fit enough to handle extremely long walks, but still greyhound enough to not really need them.

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

When the kibble hits

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Radiation Cow posted:

They still sleep most of the day. They get around 1 -2 hours of walkies in the morning and then they're fine for the rest of the day. I can even skip a day or two with no ill effects, but that may be because they're slightly older: Gello is six and Boudicca is approximately between eight and ten.

So they're fit enough to handle extremely long walks, but still greyhound enough to not really need them.

Spartacus is the same way; he can regularly do five mile runs (as long as it's not hot) but can also snooze most of the time. We got him young and he only gets a little antsy any more if we skip a day.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Double post to play "spot the greyhounds at doggy daycare"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NomNomNom posted:

When the kibble hits

lol

I used to have that same maze bowl but Abby figured out how to tear through it at the same speed after a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Gello ripped her leg open pretty badly on our walk yesterday (again). The fun part is that when I took her to the vet for stitches, they found a stick embedded under her skin. My dog is getting into body mods - one kill, one stick :black101: