Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I was thinking those retards bashing their phones are probably inhaling some nasty poo poo, that's a consolation.
Too bad li-ion batteries don't explode I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i like how these captains of industry whose genius will bring them milllions are throwing money down the drain in order to make a political point

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

stoutfish posted:

i like how these captains of industry whose genius will bring them milllions are throwing money down the drain in order to make a political point

you've pretty much described all non-scam bitcoin activities

(non-scam bitcoin activities may not actually exist)

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I wrote an email to Apple about the bitcoin apps being banned and here's what they said back (24.media.tumblr.com)

submitted 11 minutes ago by czr5014

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

Robawesome posted:

I wrote an email to Apple about the bitcoin apps being banned and here's what they said back (24.media.tumblr.com)

submitted 11 minutes ago by czr5014

modern day microsoft(of the 80s)

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8m0JOoNYQ

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so wait, @appleofficial is some made up handle, right, and these dopes are sending their bitter twitter-missives to nobody?
and now there's some fad of busting your paid-for apple device to send a message to a corporate entity that really doesn't care? (got your money already, no worries.)

somebody said it best earlier that these libertarians only care when a private company makes a legitimate and consistently valid decision that effects them in a minor manner or slightly inconveniences some already dopy and convoluted process. I mean, why not jailbreak the device or use a web interface?? better yet, burn your own home and kill your family to show that this injustice will not stand, man.

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

this is a thread about funy muny post working payment systems elsewhere

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

hey the thread title of the last thread that said "isp for grandparents" was that actually a thing?

http://www.butwithbitcoins.com

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

sort of fun to note that the problems that bitcoin is failing in its attempt to solve are being solved at a rather brisk pace at the moment

my bank has introduced a quick mobile-to-mobile payment system in the last year as well, all in all p. neat, it is silly both to a) pretend that bank account nmbrs and swift and poo poo is actually good or even satisfactory, and, b) doubt that these things were going to get fixed entirely without having to tear down all of society and rebuilding it on the rock-solid foundation of assuming that sha-2 will never ever get successfully attacked

the cryptography angle sort of annoys me. the usual sort of nerd black-or-white. as long as it is open source and schneier likes it surely it can't be only transiently secure, it must be ~forever~, unlike those lesser cryptographic standards we had before. the social problem of payment, contracts and obligations is surely best solved with another layer of hash functions and perhaps this sweet byzantine voting distributed system there, just pile on the technology!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BeOSPOS posted:

so wait, @appleofficial is some made up handle, right, and these dopes are sending their bitter twitter-missives to nobody?
and now there's some fad of busting your paid-for apple device to send a message to a corporate entity that really doesn't care? (got your money already, no worries.)

somebody said it best earlier that these libertarians only care when a private company makes a legitimate and consistently valid decision that effects them in a minor manner or slightly inconveniences some already dopy and convoluted process. I mean, why not jailbreak the device or use a web interface?? better yet, burn your own home and kill your family to show that this injustice will not stand, man.

I'm not sure apple even has a verified twitter account. Like half the tweets I saw to tim cook were going to the wrong handle.

bitcoins!!!

* corporate twitter acct, there's a itunes/app store twitter

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

theflyingorc posted:

oh
well the fact that it was believable says something

everything it generates is taken from real, actual but with bitcoin ideas

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thought about making a hacker news skin for this?

e. probably would need a different markov chain generator though

neutral milf hotel fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 6, 2014

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

BeOSPOS posted:

butwithbitcoins.com/reddit/

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BeOSPOS posted:

true economic freedom means forcing other economic actors to do what you want regardless of their interests or desires

see also: the hilarious libertarian/open sores definition of "anti-competitive". our competitors aren't making it easy for us to compete with them, that's anti-competitive! no, you idiot, that's the very essence of competition.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

true economic freedom means forcing other economic actors to do what you want regardless of their interests or desires

see also: the hilarious libertarian/open sores definition of "anti-competitive". our competitors aren't making it easy for us to compete with them, that's anti-competitive! no, you idiot, that's the very essence of competition.

no, you don't understand. it's big gubberment regulations that stifle true competition. in a truly perfect world with free market and no government there would for example be thousands of soft drink companies all equally large, and the coke corporation would definitely not hire armed thugs to smash every single competitors factory that they could not buy out to bits

duh

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Erenthal posted:

no, you don't understand. it's big gubberment regulations that stifle true competition. in a truly perfect world with free market and no government there would for example be thousands of soft drink companies all equally large, and the coke corporation would definitely not hire armed thugs to smash every single competitors factory that they could not buy out to bits

duh

actually when people learn about coke doing unethical things like hiring paramilitary groups or draining aquifers in third world countries, they will take their business elsewhere. it would all be very elegant if not for government.

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

Erenthal posted:

duh

reminder that "any amount of regulation will kill the free market" was the argument voiced in parliament against abolishing child labor

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City
jfc

@maxcoinproject

An alternative cryptocurrency disrupting the already rather disrupting crypto market.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

jfc

@maxcoinproject

An alternative cryptocurrency disrupting the already rather disrupting crypto market.

with all these disruptions how the gently caress am i supposed to keep a stable currency

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

reminder that "any amount of regulation will kill the free market" was the argument voiced in parliament against abolishing child labor

bring back child labor and slavery so companies can make a larger profit and trickle down that wealth to everyone else (who isn't a laborer or a slave)

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City
the god given right to enslave nonwhites and give subprime mortgages to poor whites

truly, my utopia will be the city on the hill

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

stoutfish posted:

bring back child labor and slavery so companies can make a larger profit and trickle down that wealth to everyone else (who isn't a laborer or a slave)

you are aware that newt gingrich was proposing that we bring back child labor int he last election cycle, right?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

duTrieux. posted:

you are aware that newt gingrich was proposing that we bring back child labor int he last election cycle, right?

no but it's a good idea because it teaches our children values

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

people outside the us are all just invented anyway

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

uncurable mlady posted:

people outside the us can usually send money via free bank transfers so they don't need to use google's thing in the first place

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

uncurable mlady posted:

nooooo

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

duTrieux. posted:

i don't remember that but i do vaguely recall something about the moon being hollow / the landing was faked

e: i guess it was a moon base, made possible by tiny childe fingers

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
"could not activate iphone"

so who did he steal it from

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BeOSPOS posted:

e. probably would need a different markov chain generator though

ok

http://www.butwithbitcoins.com/hn/

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

it should be the main page with 20 of the fuckers and random amounts of upvotes, but this is still awesome 4/5

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

it should be the main page with 20 of the fuckers and random amounts of upvotes, but this is still awesome 4/5

maybe if i have some time tonight but like beospos said i'd need a new generator to do multiple on one page

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
Looking for beta testers for a hemp-based My Little Pony bookkeeping guide ... but with Bitcoins!

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

FCKGW posted:

maybe if i have some time tonight but like beospos said i'd need a new generator to do multiple on one page

couldn't you make a go-between that would call the gen 20 times storing each one and repopulate the new page?

i only know java not js so this probably isn't helpful

e:

I'm trying to crowdfund a free-range meme for bronies ... but with Bitcoins!

somebody has to have already made ponycoin right

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

stoutfish posted:

Looking for beta testers for a hemp-based My Little Pony bookkeeping guide ... but with Bitcoins!

I'm Kickstarting a libertarian washing machine for bronies... but with bitcoins!

I don't think this would sell very well

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i dunno i'm pretty dumb. it's called via onLoad on the body tag right now and regenerates on a div onClick. all the code is in the source

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City
if you left the <body> tag open and then put the same onLoad into multiple <p>s inside i see no reason from a cursory glance that it wouldn't work

you would have to change any references in the js file (which isn't visible to me) from <body> to <p> though, and remove the comment box / submit part for hn frontpage authenticity

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

i don't remember that but i do vaguely recall something about the moon being hollow / the landing was faked

e: i guess it was a moon base, made possible by tiny childe fingers

that moon base thing made me uncomfortable because i totally support a moon base, so i was in the weird position of supporting an idea by newt gingrich and i felt really dirty, not the good kind, the other one, with the scrubbing and the hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

duTrieux. posted:

that moon base thing made me uncomfortable because i totally support a moon base, so i was in the weird position of supporting an idea by newt gingrich and i felt really dirty, not the good kind, the other one, with the scrubbing and the hands.

Can we mine MoonCoin there?

• Locked thread