Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

If you're in the air force, and you can't afford things, you're doing it wrong. As a single person, I have poo poo tons of disposable income. I'm sick of hearing single airmen complaining about how they have no money. It's a few days before payday and they don't have any money. Learn some financial skills.

If you don't have money it's because you're either a retard or you got your dependapotamus pregnant or both. In any case, you're hosed.

I always have plenty of money at the end of the month. Our other A1C had to borrow money from me for a haircut once, though. He ended up on mealcard because he would spend his BAS on video games or whatever. It's kinda nice having a threshold where I can just not be worse than this abortion of an airman and still look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

powerful weedlock posted:

I always have plenty of money at the end of the month. Our other A1C had to borrow money from me for a haircut once, though. He ended up on mealcard because he would spend his BAS on video games or whatever. It's kinda nice having a threshold where I can just not be worse than this abortion of an airman and still look good.

Like 90% of my career is based on being the least worst alternative people have to accept when confronted with a choice.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Oneday for Life posted:

I thought that was last year?

Mmm, might have been. Soju has a way of dilating time.

Edit : Yup, here's the helmet cam of the protest I shot, man, time flies.

Songtan Bar Association Protest June 14th 2013: http://youtu.be/RrzP1L9gGUg

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Eglin is closed due to severe weather. I have a handle of Captain left from the weekend, so I guess today is officially Rum Day. :toot:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Oneday for Life posted:

Yup. My friend in Italy says that one guy he works with just complains 24/7 about Italy. He constantly compares it to his version of America, which funny enough, is basically just Texas. He has my job, I requested Italy, and I got sent to Texas. Love life.

I was shipwrecked in Italy, in winter without any winter clothing, with only a few hours of liberty every day after hours of wreck investigation, in a place where to get anywhere was an hour ferry ride and the ferry stopped running at midnight, and I still thought it was pretty loving sweet.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Like 90% of my career is based on being the least worst alternative people have to accept when confronted with a choice.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
being overseas has irreparably changed my food palate forever. I went to a chilis so some a couple of jap friends could gawk at fat american dependapotami, and I forgot how god drat loving awful the food was b/c I hadn't been there in so long.

I also can't stand sugary drinks anymore now. which pretty much limits me to water when I'm on base.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Like 90% of my life is based on being the least worst alternative people have to accept when confronted with a choice.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
It's only the second promotion ceremony I'd ever been to and the first I'd been a part of but I'm guessing they are all generally a cluster gently caress. I did get to watch a very confused Airman get his slick sleeves tacked on by some random colonel and Senior for some reason that seemed to elude everyone.

That shits gotta be bad juju

Cenen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 30, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They did that for an airman? What the gently caress?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When I was at Kunsan I knew a couple folks who took the 3 hour bus ride to Osan solely to go to the Chili's and BX. Then, took the 3 hour bus ride back same day. Did not even step out the gate.

I had more respect for the hootch hounds and juicy chasers. At least they didn't waste 6 hours of their life watching Grown Ups on loop.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I dunno bro, those chicken club tacos are worth the wait. (2 years at Osan, only been in chillis twice)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cenen posted:

It's only the second promotion ceremony I'd ever been to and the first I'd been a part of but I'm guessing they are all generally a cluster gently caress. I did get to watch a very confused Airman get his slick sleeves tacked on by some random colonel and Senior for some reason that seemed to elude everyone.

That shits gotta be bad juju

Weird, when I put on my first stripe I just had it sewn on to a second uniform a week in advance and got a few punches when I went into work the day I put it on. I wasn't pulled up to any kind of promo ceremony until the commander's call that came conveniently the day after I put on SrA, then they did that whole business.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had my first non-AETC SAPR brief and good loving lord, cop squadron is full of retards. Stop asking questions so I can go back to wasting my day off, fuckers.

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!

Cojawfee posted:

If you're in the air force, and you can't afford things, you're doing it wrong. As a single person, I have poo poo tons of disposable income. I'm sick of hearing single airmen complaining about how they have no money. It's a few days before payday and they don't have any money. Learn some financial skills.

If you don't have money it's because you're either a retard or you got your dependapotamus pregnant or both. In any case, you're hosed.

I don't think my point was accurately made...we have plenty of money, especially those of us who are single. We just don't want to spend it on any of these retarded Air Force events so we use the excuse that we have no money. I don't give a gently caress about someone's going away party or some booster club for events I'm going to try and make an "appointment" for, so of course, I have no money. Pretty easy to convince people when most of the people asking for my cash have been in so long that when they were airmen, they were making $500 a month.

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!

nullscan posted:

Mmm, might have been. Soju has a way of dilating time.

Edit : Yup, here's the helmet cam of the protest I shot, man, time flies.

Songtan Bar Association Protest June 14th 2013: http://youtu.be/RrzP1L9gGUg

I lucked out and took my mid-tour right when it all went down, so I was home drinking my life away while everyone in Songtan was suffering at the E-Club. Right after I came back, Songtan opened back up. Perfect timing to have a divorce.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oneday for Life posted:

I don't think my point was accurately made...we have plenty of money, especially those of us who are single. We just don't want to spend it on any of these retarded Air Force events so we use the excuse that we have no money. I don't give a gently caress about someone's going away party or some booster club for events I'm going to try and make an "appointment" for, so of course, I have no money. Pretty easy to convince people when most of the people asking for my cash have been in so long that when they were airmen, they were making $500 a month.

That's about how much I make after bills. Basically what I'm saying is being an Airman is gay enough without awkward-rear end going away parties.

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!
The awkwardness is even worse for me because my shop is completely separated from our squadron. It's not even on the same base. There are 4 enlisted and a bunch of civilians in my shop and the squadron has like 50-60 people in it. We barely know anyone in the main squadron since we only ever see them at PT or staff meetings, so we try to find every excuse we can to not go. Usually we can just not show up to squadron functions and nobody will even notice. It's still annoying to get 1000 e-mails a week about that poo poo though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Oneday for Life posted:

My mistake. I was under the impression no one could force you to go to a going away party - you only go to going away parties for friends. If you're doing it any other way, you're wrong.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, really. If I see an email for a going away and it isn't someone I care about, I don't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, really. If I see an email for a going away and it isn't someone I care about, I don't go.

• Locked thread