Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
just another one of ange's lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Now that WOULD be a twist.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
princess principal revealed to be the new spin off of naruto, runs for 500 episodes

switched places with boruto at birth

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Princess Principal: The school Principal was the real princess all along.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
If Beato doesn't save everyone next week I'm going to cry. This show has been amazing from start to finish and I'm not prepared for it to end.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Ange and Princess are just caught in an eternal loop of trying to sacrifice themself for the other.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

the cover art for the soundtrack is cool. think i'll buy this

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I never expected that I'd be the most worried about Dorothy's well-being after this episode. Considering how they're in the least danger right now, I'm expecting hoping that Chise and Beatrice will find a way to save the day.

Whatever happens, it's going to be HELL having to wait an entire week. Between this show and Made in Abyss, it's been a good season for shows I simply cannot wait for.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

an actual dog posted:

Is this show only one season? We got case numbers over 12 so I thought it was gonna keep going.

Pray for the announcement of Princess Principal: The Missing Cases.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Season 2 should be set in Albion-controlled Delhi or something.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Season 2: Ange and Charlotte run away to Japan where they get the assistance of an ancient, cybernetically augmented Admiral Nelson (pretending to be Admiral Togo) to save Albion from itself.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Explosions posted:

I'm OK with bad things happening to Beato but only if they're cute and she's like waaaaaa.

Same, I would absolutely watch another season of cute and densely packed spy references.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the first bluray is gonna contain a motion comic thing depicting "case 12.5" so they're not gonna burn off the missing cases in that fashion

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why does this show hate Dorothy

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Why won't Sunday get here already???

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Beato Believer posted:

Why won't Sunday get here already???
You haven't tried sleeping for 72 hours straight yet.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Grouchio posted:

You haven't tried sleeping for 72 hours straight yet.

That's a drat fine idea. Oh, the sweet bliss of unconsciousness, here I come...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Second Season inbound Yaaaaaaay~ :nyan:

EVERYONE LIVES

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 24, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Very pleased with that ending. Recontextualized "The Fall Of The Wall" wonderfully at the end.

This show definitely wound up being the surprise of my season. Strong production values, a well-used setting, an engaging cast powered by nicely nuanced character writing, entertainingly implausible espionage antics - good poo poo. An easy A grade, IMO.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Oh thank god, a happy ending.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Spiritus Nox posted:

Very pleased with that ending. Recontextualized "The Fall Of The Wall" wonderfully at the end.

its woke as hell. it has ideological ambitions going beyond that of liberal reforms, or upending the ruling dictatorship and replacing it with a new one. hell yeah, flattened hierarchies, full communism now

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I'm very glad the yuri end is still alive.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I'm relieved they didn't go with a bloodbath ending! This was super good and super gay. I loved every minute of it and I hope we get another season someday.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Explosions posted:

I'm OK with bad things happening to Beato but only if they're cute and she's like waaaaaa.

wish granted

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm gonna be honest here: i just about died when i saw the note was addressed to "My turtledove".

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
"Floor it." :dance:

This is the happiest I've been at an opening for a second season in a long time. I'm going to have some trouble choosing between this and Made in Abyss for my AotS.

:kimchi:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
a good ending really hope we get an S2 at some point

this show was a lot of fun all around, easily my pick for aots

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Definitely AotS for me, loved it from start to finish and desperately need more. Can't believe the consistency in aesthetic quality plus some of the best fight scenes this year at least.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
apparently this show's been super successful on japanese social media so a second season might be pretty likely

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Can't believe the consistency in aesthetic quality plus some of the best fight scenes this year at least.

The actions scenes in this episode were particularly thrilling due to the climactic nature of the episode. My heart started racing when they hit the tunnel and didn't stop until the credits rolled.

The Colonel posted:

apparently this show's been super successful on japanese social media so a second season might be pretty likely

:neckbeard:

Speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/kuroboshi/status/911952440513015810

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

The Colonel posted:

I certainly hope so. After all, the deep secrets of the Black Lizard Planet have yet to be revealed.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
aoty for me so far, fuckin owned. v hype for the prospects of season 2

also ange's "believe it or not i have a girlfriend" bit at the end

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Almost as good as Flip Flappers, definitely my AotS.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Almost as good as Flip Flappers, definitely my AotS.

Same studio, so I'm very excited to see whatever they put out next!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

apparently the founding ethos of the studio is to put out interesting, original (as in not adapted) anime

which i am very for

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Gearhead posted:

I'm suspecting some kind of twist like, Ange and Charlotte being so good at impersonating each other that they've been swapping in and out this entire time and nobody has any clue which is the real one any longer.

I have to keep reminding myself who's who and what their past is in every single scene including the final one of this season. I get especially confused when "Princess" calls Charlotte Ange and I.. I might be dumb.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

If they want to be the Happy Yuri studio I will gladly support them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a fight with Zelda, since she seems to be Ange's flying gun-fu rival. And nothing too important happening in general. It barely like a finale at all really.

Other than that it was good though.

What was Normandy smirking over at the end?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a fight with Zelda, since she seems to be Ange's flying gun-fu rival. And nothing too important happening in general. It barely like a finale at all really.

Other than that it was good though.

What was Normandy smirking over at the end?
He found Princess' hat - confirming she's a spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Ange's fight with Zelda was short but what we did get was slick as hell. I want season 2 for that rematch

• Locked thread