Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Paracelsus posted:

A whole bunch of chapters just dropped on batoto.

Edit: They start about where we are in the anime, and seem to be up to almost the end of the manga.

Is it the absolute end? Any chance of a continuation (especially in animated form)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rinkles posted:

Is it the absolute end? Any chance of a continuation (especially in animated form)?

This week's episode was Ch. 26 and the early parts of 27. The last chapter posted is 41 and

LATE MANGA SPOILERS THINK BEFORE YOU MOUSEOVER YOU IMBECILE the krad is broken down and abandoned, and the girls are rapidly consuming/burning/discarding everything they have left to the point that I presume that the next chapter will be the last, maybe two at the most. Short of a major plot twist they're probably going to die and the series will be over.

They'd probably have to draw things out a lot more than they have been to try and get another 12 episodes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Barring a major plot twist, it seems to be heading to a very definite end, although it hasn't ended serialization yet. Scans also caught up to the magazine releases, so gonna have to wait to see what happens.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 19, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

This week's episode was Ch. 26 and the early parts of 27. The last chapter posted is 41 and

LATE MANGA SPOILERS THINK BEFORE YOU MOUSEOVER YOU IMBECILE the krad is broken down and abandoned, and the girls are rapidly consuming/burning/discarding everything they have left to the point that I presume that the next chapter will be the last, maybe two at the most. Short of a major plot twist they're probably going to die and the series will be over.

They'd probably have to draw things out a lot more than they have been to try and get another 12 episodes.

Mm. If it ends how you'd expect, they could do a movie, if there's interest.

Would be quite a downer, though. :ohdear:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mm. If it ends how you'd expect, they could do a movie, if there's interest.

Would be quite a downer, though. :ohdear:

It would fit in with the author, and we all knew it was only a matter of time...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sad to see it end. I was expecting a second series. It's the type of show that could go on for ever.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The story has always been about the finite nature of everything.

Pretty sure there's enough material to make a S2 with the rest of the manga, though.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

next episode Yuu finds out what happens if you fire these :buddy:

"One ping only, Chii-chan"

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm glad i'm not the only one to think of The Seven Days of Fire from Nausicaa

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cast in the name of Yuu, ye not tasty

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cast in the name of Kami-dess, ye not daijoubu

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Terrific lol

:3:
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/943697468843204608

Knorth fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 21, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Zetsubou~
Zetsubou~

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Where
is
the
finale

Amazon Strike more like Amazon Poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
amazon shite

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's always this late isn't it. I don't I saw last weeks episode up until the evening, like 6-8 hours from now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's been late since last week, the previous eps were up on friday morning

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Fansubs have come to the rescue of anyone impatient, just fyi

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Knorth posted:

Fansubs have come to the rescue of anyone impatient, just fyi

I was impatient. Holy poo poo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

No more ugoku after this week

:smithicide:

I'll probably read from the start, but where does the manga pick up after the anime ends?

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 23, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Season ended with the last chapter of volume 4

I was a little worried that they were going to have too much in that last episode but wow that was really great, this has been such a fantastic adaptation

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lovely.

parts of it would've given me nightmares as a kid, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

parts of it would've given me nightmares as a kid, though.

not sure which would disturb me more: the eschatological, human-gobbling, sapient blobs, or the vertigo of existential despair

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There Bias Two posted:

The cats ate them.

Well poo poo.

So, I'm thinking that they're the environmental clean up crew that humanity left behind.

I wonder, are they eating *everything* that is thermodynamically unstable, i.e. all life? Or just weapons? They said they don't eat living humans but that might not exclude other lifeforms. Perhaps they will just scour the planet clean of weapons and waste so that life can evolve and diversify anew.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wow.

So I just decided to get into this series, just in time for its ending. I'd seen a couple of gifsets and stuff from it but assumed it to be some tawdry "moe girls in the army!" stuff, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

The beautiful bittersweet bleakness of the whole setting clawed at the back of my heart the whole way through. Knowing that, even if they succeed totally at everything they're trying to do, there is nothing there for them when they do. That the only hope they can have for the future is that they can spend a little bit more time living, and trying to stay alive. That they won't be able to last long enough to grow old, and even if they did it would be an empty life. Finding what joy they can in the little things they find, and in each other's company. Wondering how the people before them - people like us - might have lived, and puts into perspective just how meaningless the things we strive for would be to someone outside it all, concerned only with survival.

This one is going to stick with me for a long time, I think. I loved it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Well poo poo.

So, I'm thinking that they're the environmental clean up crew that humanity left behind.

I wonder, are they eating *everything* that is thermodynamically unstable, i.e. all life? Or just weapons? They said they don't eat living humans but that might not exclude other lifeforms. Perhaps they will just scour the planet clean of weapons and waste so that life can evolve and diversify anew.

Yeah, I suspect they're primarily cleaning up explosive and/or radioactive material.

We got a lot more information out of that flashback than I realized though, wow. We basically know everything we really need to know about What Happened now.

Show was sublime, won my personal AOTS and made it look easy. White Fox did a great job on a great manga. I'm an absolute sucker for this sort of bittersweet tone piece, and they nailed it from start to finish.

Now go read the latest manga chapters if you just want to cry

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 23, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/944627207539798016

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
This show was pretty much perfect in every way and that was an amazing finale

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I was right about the recycling nuko! But I definitely did not predict recycling nuko being mushrooms.

Man.
Good show.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Fungus is powerful, and good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Knorth posted:

Fungus is powerful, and good.

Powerful, good and delicious.

I initially thought Nuko was was going to be revealed as a psuedo-grey good creature because of the video clip talking about robotic evolution and Nuko basically being the final stage of that.

There Bias Two posted:

I assume they mean something more like exothermic materials like petroleum or gunpowder as well as radioactive material. i.e. things that are extremely chemically or energetically reactive. This would probably also include things like coal, natural gas and batteries.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX72rxPneo

OST get it while its hot and not taken down. I'll prolly buy this one its so eerie and beautiful

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Homura and Sickle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX72rxPneo

OST get it while its hot and not taken down. I'll prolly buy this one its so eerie and beautiful

The piano versions of the OP and ED are gorgeous :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah. It was a really quietly excellent OST overall

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know, that was a very satisfying ending point for the series.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

This one is going to stick with me for a long time, I think. I loved it.
It really was something very special.

I can't imagine anything evoking these kinds of emotions for a long time.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That was an amazing series. :unsmith::hf::3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gaogaotama/status/944974285457649664

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That episode had a great amount of unstated despair. Seeing his partner in his pictures, without ever having to say what happened to her. The fungi revealing the adult characters didn't make it, without actually saying it. And then contrasting it all at the end with their awkward expressions of love. It was beautiful.

• Locked thread