Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

HazCat posted:

I got given Pokemon Yellow for Christmas the year it came out, and played it until I realised there were cartridge exclusives I could never get without trading. As a proto-goon I immediately went 'gently caress interacting with other people' and stopped playing.

Then a few years later I learned about the Mew trick, and realised that Yellow is the best pokemon game that will ever be made and immediately began the quest to complete my pokedex unhindered by false scarcity.

I actually went through the trouble to catch all 151 pokemon (including evolved forms) at level 7, and then over the course of a few years raised all 151 to level 100. It was extremely meditative, like folding 1000 origami cranes.

Last year I found my old gameboy color with my Yellow cartridge in it, but in my heart I know that the game's battery is definitely dead and the game and all those level 100 pokemon are lost so I haven't tried to turn it on yet.

I also owned the GBC Pokemon TCG game and played the hell out of it. I loved making weird poo poo like mill decks that the AI just couldn't handle.

I bet the battery still works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DrPossum posted:

slowpoke

why is this even a question

we got some weirdos itt

I was going to go with Shuckle but your answer makes more sense.

Shuckle fucks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AdmiralViscen posted:

I bet the battery still works

My NES games all still have their saves

loving launch Zelda

It's goddamn magic

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

The Bloop posted:

My NES games all still have their saves

loving launch Zelda

It's goddamn magic

Same

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Those six things on chanseys head are dicks as well

I made this but I hosed it up, like the proportions are off or something. Don't judge my genital Chansey too harshly I guess

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ventral EggSac posted:

I made this but I hosed it up, like the proportions are off or something. Don't judge my genital Chansey too harshly I guess

New Silent Hill game looking good.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ventral EggSac posted:

Are you sure it has enough dicks? :thunk:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thinkin bout that Chanussy

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Say hi to your mother for me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There she lusted after her trainers, whose pokemon were like donkeys

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

HazCat posted:

I got given Pokemon Yellow for Christmas the year it came out, and played it until I realised there were cartridge exclusives I could never get without trading. As a proto-goon I immediately went 'gently caress interacting with other people' and stopped playing.

Then a few years later I learned about the Mew trick, and realised that Yellow is the best pokemon game that will ever be made and immediately began the quest to complete my pokedex unhindered by false scarcity.

I actually went through the trouble to catch all 151 pokemon (including evolved forms) at level 7, and then over the course of a few years raised all 151 to level 100. It was extremely meditative, like folding 1000 origami cranes.

Last year I found my old gameboy color with my Yellow cartridge in it, but in my heart I know that the game's battery is definitely dead and the game and all those level 100 pokemon are lost so I haven't tried to turn it on yet.

I also owned the GBC Pokemon TCG game and played the hell out of it. I loved making weird poo poo like mill decks that the AI just couldn't handle.

I was in high school when red/blue came out in the US, got blue on launch day because I remembered a Wired magazine article about the Japanese launch of it a couple years prior and how it was turning Japanese kids into zombies so I was like cool, very cyberpunk, I'll have that. Same reason I got a tamagotchi iirc

I was really into it, beat it and I think I got all 151 thanks to trading with people half my age in EB, but never really got into a pokemon game after that so 90% of everything I hear about pokemon is over my head. that first game was pretty rad though