Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FLOWDNAS ETOV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good snipe :sparkles:

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Opopanax posted:

FLOWDNAS ETOV

drat.. when you're right you're right..

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

Yeah let's do it, me vs. FoS vs. Spork. We still have over two full real days until deadline.

What do you mean by this?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

Yuming what do you think of FoS or Cube?
This does feel like kind of a random combo to ask about.

My main takeaway rereading last night was EOD1 made both Cube and FoS seem townier to me, but for different reasons.

Cube because his play feels so different from his recent scum game and FoS because I agreed,

fool of sound posted:

seriously tho "why aren't you voting a leader???" when the leaders have... 2 votes on them is loving nonsense.
I was working during deadline but I thought Fancy's posting at EOD was S O S C U M

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

I'd like to know what people think about Moritz. He's super low participation and has only been coming in to chime on the weakest stuff. I think him weighing in on the validity of yuming's miller claim and not recognizing the context was ongoing town/maf vibes reads really bad too.
Moritz I put in my block of neutral posters.

I just went to look at his posts in isolation and he has less content than I remember. I only found two scum so far so yea I'd vote Moritz. :sun:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have been very consistent today about suggesting we stay within a group of FoS, Cube, and Keats. I think I also briefly considered Spork and Illu.

I still suggest we stay within this group of three: FoS, Cube, and Keats.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also my hardest town read is on Yuming so Illu’s case pings me by very nature. Opop is probably town just like, unbelievably bad at a game he’s played for over a decade.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh interestesting :allears:

I am reading and responding to Illu's post atm.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Ah, okay, that's clearer then.

##vote FoS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Also my hardest town read is on Yuming so Illu’s case pings me by very nature. Opop is probably town just like, unbelievably bad at a game he’s played for over a decade.

Harsh but fair

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

But there you go, if I were wrong Sandy would get so mad he’d have to go lie down for a while. He knows he’s caught so now he has to play it cool

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

But there you go, if I were wrong Sandy would get so mad he’d have to go lie down for a while. He knows he’s caught so now he has to play it cool

You need to give me room to fuckin change this behavior bro. This is called growth.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Opopanax posted:

“No coded messages” is a very basic rule, I do no care for this :colbert:

It doesn't SEEM to be a Caesarian cipher, at least.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tired Moritz (2): Nutsack Rangoon, Spacebanito
Illusionis (1): yuming, yuming, yuming
fool of sound (1): CubicalSucrose
yuming (1): Illusionis
Sandwolf (1): Opopanax

Not Voting (6): fool of sound, Hal Incandenza, Johnny Keats, Sandwolf, SporkChan, Tired Moritz

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Oh come on, I shot Illu in CPigs lunar game after not firing my vig shot D1…

Let’s kill Illu here.

School day is starting. I will be around but barely.

Illusionis posted:

This here is the incriminating response. Instead of calling my pushing on the content game nothing like it should be for a town player, ignoring it or addressing the partial response in any way even, Yuming responds with misdirection. "Don't think about Yuming's actions in this game, think about her actions in an old game". "Don't think about the lack of response in a content game, think about her actions with an actual vig in an old game". Simply put this is a response meant to get people reading it thinking about something other than what is at hand in this game right now. The fact that Yuming feels the need to reframe the issue here tells me that there is in fact something to notice in her original partial response.
This is a complete misinterpretation of my post there. I was perfectly clear that I was busy / the deadline was at a strange time / and the length of my posts were obviously hot takes. So I did address the partial response, I did it by referencing the other game... and in my original response I said I would save the kill for later, how is that not participating in the game? It is the truth. I have never shot a vig D1 to the best of my memory. I was casing Illu, I think the content game was BS, and that Illu is so sold on me being scum for it is :psyduck:

The point I was making wrt at the names Illu threw out at EOD was that he was calling out chunks of people while not commenting on Fancy. Yes, I get that he was calling out players who were not voting. But the listing three names and saying you guys have been active in a group IS a scummy POV. It is the chunking them into a group that I take issue with ! !

Town have players they vibe with, players they're trying to get to vote with them. Just blanket calling people to vote is filler.

And I get Illu had a ~gut read~ on Cube. I do this exact same thing as scum: say I have a gut read and ride it, but it is hard to keep the content flowing so by EOD you wanna push your case but don't wanna look too hollow (don't give up skeleton.)

BUT, SO, EVEN ! ! I stand by my read on Illu here.

Illu = scum avoiding the Fancy case. Riding a gut vote and casting diffuse shade like a nice old tree.

There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees. vote Illu with me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

You need to give me room to fuckin change this behavior bro. This is called growth.

If I’m wrong you can shoot me for free next time

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
As for the soft claim, I would go for FoS out of those three. Cube and keats I both have stronger town feels on. FoS has EOD1 which I commented on, but Cube has more ~town curiosity~ and keats has the early D1 passion + mixup.

keats has posted very little lately though, keats what's up? Thoughts on Illu and the EccoCop result?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

If I’m wrong you can shoot me for free next time
You think Sand is fakeclaiming a result here?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

yuming posted:

This is a complete misinterpretation of my post there. I was perfectly clear that I was busy / the deadline was at a strange time / and the length of my posts were obviously hot takes. So I did address the partial response, I did it by referencing the other game... and in my original response I said I would save the kill for later, how is that not participating in the game? It is the truth. I have never shot a vig D1 to the best of my memory. I was casing Illu, I think the content game was BS, and that Illu is so sold on me being scum for it is :psyduck:

The point I was making wrt at the names Illu threw out at EOD was that he was calling out chunks of people while not commenting on Fancy. Yes, I get that he was calling out players who were not voting. But the listing three names and saying you guys have been active in a group IS a scummy POV. It is the chunking them into a group that I take issue with ! !

Town have players they vibe with, players they're trying to get to vote with them. Just blanket calling people to vote is filler.

And I get Illu had a ~gut read~ on Cube. I do this exact same thing as scum: say I have a gut read and ride it, but it is hard to keep the content flowing so by EOD you wanna push your case but don't wanna look too hollow (don't give up skeleton.)

BUT, SO, EVEN ! ! I stand by my read on Illu here.

Illu = scum avoiding the Fancy case. Riding a gut vote and casting diffuse shade like a nice old tree.

There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees. vote Illu with me

Nice way to double down on your misdirect, because once again The vig in vig mason cop is not an actual vig and you well know it, you know full well you did not in fact address your partial response in any other way than to direct people's thoughts on it to a past game that is completely irrelevant to your original response. I don't even know what you mean by the length of the post were hot takes, it was a very short post with nothing, but the misdirection in it. What on earth is the length of this post?

yuming posted:

Oh come on, I shot Illu in CPigs lunar game after not firing my vig shot D1…

Let’s kill Illu here.

School day is starting. I will be around but barely.

All I see is excuses excuses excuses from a caught scum, not to mention now the fact that you acknowledge that you knew all along that I was not in fact calling the people I grouped out for not voting as actually scummy, despite the fact that you chose to represent it as such in your original case on me. Now that you've gotten called out on it, it's just the action of grouping people who have not voted that is scummy? or something, come on people this is flailing scum right here.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

You think Sand is fakeclaiming a result here?

When?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CubicalSucrose posted:

I kinda want to vote Hal or Spork. Yeah Hal volunteered for info role stuff, which turned out to be a little dud-ish and wasn't relevant because AFQM got yeeted. Even if AFQM were alive, scum could've plausibly roleblocked or redirected or just killed them. I don't think it's as town-cleary as Spork was suggesting.

Sandwolf posted:

This is radioactively bad
This is Sand directed at Cube.

CubicalSucrose posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to a Thrunderdome with me, FoS, and Spork today. That sounds exciting.

Could also go Illu today I suppose.
Okay, so the thunderdome actually was initiated by Cube.

I can imagine a scenario where Cube and Sand are doing this as a bit, but is the risk worth the reward?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
He is hard softclaiming an Ecco cop result on Cube/keats/FoS.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

I have been very consistent today about suggesting we stay within a group of FoS, Cube, and Keats. I think I also briefly considered Spork and Illu.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

yuming posted:

This is Sand directed at Cube.

Okay, so the thunderdome actually was initiated by Cube.

I can imagine a scenario where Cube and Sand are doing this as a bit, but is the risk worth the reward?

Sand says Keats instead of Spork.

Spork doesn't matter to me much anymore, I'm pretty sure it's FoS (at least).

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

What's an ecco cop?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

What's an ecco cop?

A few variations, one would be like:

Pick (usually 3) players at night.

Get a result of "Town" if all 3 are town. Get a result of "Not town" if AT LEAST one is not town.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

What's an ecco cop?

Targets 3 player, tells if the group contains scum/non-town or not, I think reading this as a softclaim of such is pretty drat reaching

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Illusionis posted:

Targets 3 player, tells if the group contains scum/non-town or not, I think reading this as a softclaim of such is pretty drat reaching
ooo noo Illu's scumbuddy got caught by Sand~

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
To note, people love to talk about ecco-cops, but they're drat rare to actually see and especially rare in small games because the role is really obscenely powerful when you have a smaller group to choose from

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

yuming posted:

ooo noo Illu's scumbuddy got caught by Sand~

I mean Sand can prove me wrong by actually claiming it, but before that I see no drat reason to suddenly take a random list of 3 players somebody finds scummy as a ecco-cop softclaim

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Opop is the scum ##Vote Opop

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Illusionis posted:

Nice way to double down on your misdirect, because once again The vig in vig mason cop is not an actual vig and you well know it, you know full well you did not in fact address your partial response in any other way than to direct people's thoughts on it to a past game that is completely irrelevant to your original response. I don't even know what you mean by the length of the post were hot takes, it was a very short post with nothing, but the misdirection in it. What on earth is the length of this post?

All I see is excuses excuses excuses from a caught scum, not to mention now the fact that you acknowledge that you knew all along that I was not in fact calling the people I grouped out for not voting as actually scummy, despite the fact that you chose to represent it as such in your original case on me. Now that you've gotten called out on it, it's just the action of grouping people who have not voted that is scummy? or something, come on people this is flailing scum right here.
What you see are explanations ! !

I mean the post you took such an issue with I barely even had time to make. It was a short post in length. I was about to get students off the bus I think.

What is scummy about saying I wouldn't shoot? At the time of the content game I was voting Fancy trying to gauge his reaction and I didn't really get much there. D1 is about building reads, getting reactions-- not randomly killing someone because lol vigkill. Saying I wouldn't kill someone, when I don't kill people D1 is just facts man. AND when Illu calls out me and Hal for not answering he did that in a block too. It is all very scum POV to me.

re: me saying Illu was calling all those players scummy, excuse me for oversimplifying my thoughts. I am trying to be more succinct with my cases when I want people to vote with me, but I think I explained what I meant p well in my previous response to Illu. It was the fact that Illu keeps grouping players into chunks vs. considering their play individually that I take issue with. By calling out the non-voters he was leaving the door open (CLOSE THE DOOR - The Room) to call them scummy.

Illu is just twisting everything I say here. Why doesn't he engage with my other content? hmm~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The way he keeps repeating it sounds like a claim to me man.

And Cube agrees too, from the looks of it.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

yuming posted:

Thoughts on Illu and the EccoCop result?

Wait the what?? How did I miss that

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Johnny Keats posted:

Opop is the scum ##Vote Opop
Welcome back :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I guess we are debating whether or not we think it is a result but,

Sandwolf posted:

I say we kill one of FoS, Cube or Keats.

Sandwolf posted:

Yuming what do you think of FoS or Cube?

Sandwolf posted:

C'mon man.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

The first time was eh, the double down felt more clear.

I mean, there's enough ambiguity that it's plausibly not. But Yuming's insta-Miller claim lends credence to some alignment-seer investigative role existing, and an ecco version seems about right to me, given what I've seen this game.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CubicalSucrose posted:

The first time was eh, the double down felt more clear.

I mean, there's enough ambiguity that it's plausibly not. But Yuming's insta-Miller claim lends credence to some alignment-seer investigative role existing, and an ecco version seems about right to me, given what I've seen this game.
It does feel like it fits with Fancy's role as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

yuming posted:

What you see are explanations ! !

I mean the post you took such an issue with I barely even had time to make. It was a short post in length. I was about to get students off the bus I think.

What is scummy about saying I wouldn't shoot? At the time of the content game I was voting Fancy trying to gauge his reaction and I didn't really get much there. D1 is about building reads, getting reactions-- not randomly killing someone because lol vigkill. Saying I wouldn't kill someone, when I don't kill people D1 is just facts man. AND when Illu calls out me and Hal for not answering he did that in a block too. It is all very scum POV to me.

re: me saying Illu was calling all those players scummy, excuse me for oversimplifying my thoughts. I am trying to be more succinct with my cases when I want people to vote with me, but I think I explained what I meant p well in my previous response to Illu. It was the fact that Illu keeps grouping players into chunks vs. considering their play individually that I take issue with. By calling out the non-voters he was leaving the door open (CLOSE THE DOOR - The Room) to call them scummy.

Illu is just twisting everything I say here. Why doesn't he engage with my other content? hmm~

Then you should have easily been able to respond as such, instead of engaging in deliberate misdirection that you know has no bearing on what has happened in this game. It is a sign of scum mindset that your first response is to misdirect, rather than to address the issue directly, and simply I'm engaging with the part of your content that is most blatantly betraying your scum mindset. As for grouping people in to chunks, yes it's almost like I'm playing this game with no definite information of people's alignments and as such I can't give accurate assessments on everybody's alignments right away, is this new to you. And as for putting people in to chunks, I've done it what? with you and Hal, to note after your response betrayed you I've addressed your scumminess alone not at all related to Hal and the second time is calling out people who don't have a vote down nearing deadline, so I guess that's me constantly sorting people in to chunks? Also if we have to bend this poo poo in to shape from metal wire, people who do not have a vote down at the end of day are not indicating their actual vote preferences in the most direct and usable way you can do in a game of mafia, so no poo poo I'm grouping those people in a group and leaving the door open to call them scummy, because that is potentially scummy behaviour