Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

Also, his skeletons are straight up set at a height where they cannot hit you when crouching or on gens. (Unless you take a certain addon.) You HAVE to be standing for them to hit you. They're already very difficult to hit someone with, have a limited distance, and a lot of warning!

Yeah, I'm watching Otz's second video about him and these problems are being highlighted. He's been out on the PTB for a day and survivors already can easily counterplay his powers without really using the magic items at all. When survivors start figuring that out, it feels like Vecna is going to be dunked on relentlessly.

And there's some really loving baffling decisions. His flight power which is specifically advertised as being able to fly over pallets etc? Yeah, you can -- and if you do, he stops for a moment immediately after flying over the pallet, meaning you are actually not making up much time at all.

Unless there's gonna be significant buffs, I don't see any reason to buy this guy right now.

E:

Otz's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LNhntZODw

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTWM_oIpa0

Sometimes all you gotta do is be stupid on purpose, and the killer plays along. Enforced random perks on everyone helps a ton.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Random draw is the most fun I've had in this game in awhile and it's gonna be sad as gently caress when they shelve it forever in a week

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Random draw is the most fun I've had in this game in awhile and it's gonna be sad as gently caress when they shelve it forever in a week

big same. literally all i want is the ability to click a button and have it generate a random loadout for me. i don't care if i hhave to do it in regular matches, just let me embrace chaos.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DeathChicken posted:

I think it's going to become a permanent option sooner rather than later. It's getting almost universal praise, the only complaints I've seen are obvious bugs (no perks at all) or them getting conflicting perks like Self Care + No Mither or Beast of Prey + Rapid Brutality, which they said wouldn't happen with the tome challenge randoms, but guess that's not true anymore.

Relyssa posted:

big same. literally all i want is the ability to click a button and have it generate a random loadout for me. i don't care if i hhave to do it in regular matches, just let me embrace chaos.

Yeah I'd take that as a consilation prize but really it's better as a mode, so you don't get 4 lovely perks as a killer only to go up against the meta hit squad.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

I think it's going to become a permanent option sooner rather than later. It's getting almost universal praise, the only complaints I've seen are obvious bugs (no perks at all) or them getting conflicting perks like Self Care + No Mither or Beast of Prey + Rapid Brutality, which they said wouldn't happen with the tome challenge randoms, but guess that's not true anymore.

I'm really happy to see that it's getting so much praise. A permanent mode of this would be ideal but I don't have that much faith in them to give us what we want. Though they did see the demand for 2v8, so who knows.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Random draw is fun, but I've also run into killers playing it running double iris and/or slugging for the 4k and it's like dude, calm down.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Random draw is fun, but I've also run into killers playing it running double iris and/or slugging for the 4k and it's like dude, calm down.

Items, offerings, and add-ons should all be randomized too. Extra chaos!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Items, offerings, and add-ons should all be randomized too. Extra chaos!

HOW DOES THIS HUNTRESS HAVE TOMBSTONE FRAGMENT

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

:laffo:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

:sickos:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Unless there's gonna be significant buffs, I don't see any reason to buy this guy right now.

I don't know, I feel like Scott Jund has the right take: the main problem is that all of Vecna's cooldowns are too long, and the kind of fixes Vecna needs to feel good are the fixes Behavior is willing to do. There's some stuff in this video I doubt they'll ever do (they are never going to make the skeletons uncrouchable by default, do you know how many newbies are going to yell about a killer with that many powers also having a skeleton shotgun they couldn't possibly dodge if you couldn't crouch them), but most of the changes? Make some numbers smaller, lower cooldowns, move some power from add-ons to base kit. Those are changes they do every patch! It's entirely believable for Vecna to come out of this feeling great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFotgqRcQJg

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I don't know, I feel like Scott Jund has the right take: the main problem is that all of Vecna's cooldowns are too long, and the kind of fixes Vecna needs to feel good are the fixes Behavior is willing to do. There's some stuff in this video I doubt they'll ever do (they are never going to make the skeletons uncrouchable by default, do you know how many newbies are going to yell about a killer with that many powers also having a skeleton shotgun they couldn't possibly dodge if you couldn't crouch them), but most of the changes? Make some numbers smaller, lower cooldowns, move some power from add-ons to base kit. Those are changes they do every patch! It's entirely believable for Vecna to come out of this feeling great.

This is a good point. It would be much easier to be pessimistic if the core of the killer wasn't very good. Vecna is excellent and needs some numerical tweaks. This isn't like twins or sadako where they've had to rework the entire thing.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

First time I've ever tried to get survivors to take a selfie with me using a Pinhead chain and they immediately understood the assignment, I'm so chuffed :kimchi:

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
That's adorable!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Zubat is playing Chaos Shuffle with a mod that hides his own perks from him, so he has to figure out what he has from context clues within the game.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

Zubat is playing Chaos Shuffle with a mod that hides his own perks from him, so he has to figure out what he has from context clues within the game.

Hahaha, that's so fun. Easy to do too since they still let you modify perk icons, you just have to replace them all with little question marks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That funny moment when I get Undone on random, I'm trying to read what it does and realize I do not have the time to sit there and make sense of that mess while a game is going

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

That funny moment when I get Undone on random, I'm trying to read what it does and realize I do not have the time to sit there and make sense of that mess while a game is going

usually nothing because they have to fail skill checks for it to kick in

once it charges up with failed skill checks it damages + blocks a gen you kick for a while

that's it

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

Hahaha, that's so fun. Easy to do too since they still let you modify perk icons, you just have to replace them all with little question marks.

https://nightlight.gg/packs/mystery-perk-icons-pack

I installed this when I got home tonight and used it to do my dailies and a couple games after. It was really fun trying to figure out the perks I had. Some are fully invisible to you if you don't know they're there (I got Overcharge twice) and some make their presence very known very easily (like Coup, or the time I got Undying). Highly recommend doing this yourself.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

someone made a binding of isaac perk pack? is this bannable?

how do I install this without their dumb tool

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

tithin posted:

someone made a binding of isaac perk pack? is this bannable?

how do I install this without their dumb tool

It is not bannable. Perk packs are currently allowed because DBD stores their perk icons in plain PNG format and they offer no competitive advantage.

Step 1: Find the pack you want. Mouse over the little share arrow on the right. Click "Download Zip"

Step 2: go to your DBD folder. If you're on steam, right click the game's name and select "Browse local files".

Mine is as follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight

Step 3: From here, go into DeadByDaylight\Content\UI\Icons.

So:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\UI\Icons

Step 4: Place and unzip that perk pack you downloaded directly into this folder. It will replace the files. Consider backing them up first if you think you'll regret it (verifying Steam files should also fix it).

That's all you need to install a custom perk pack. I used custom icons for over a year with no problems and so have many others. The Nightlight desktop app is something I've used without issue and just accelerates this process for you, but this is how you manually install them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I recommend the Nightlight app in general, honestly. You can upload your matches and track all sorts of stats, and it helps contribute to the overall community stats.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Pretty much what you could've guessed/expected: What The Fog was a last minute reskin

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1cvqc4f/speculations_about_the_new_dbd_spinoff_what_the/

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Pretty much what you could've guessed/expected: What The Fog was a last minute reskin

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1cvqc4f/speculations_about_the_new_dbd_spinoff_what_the/

this isn't even remotely surprising

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

People getting all upset about this and man... Lemme tell you about a bunch of the licensed games people play. Hell, Super Mario Bros 2 was Doki Doki Panic

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

yeah not surprised at all tbh. I also didn't know about the fact you could get if for free if you agreed to basically be datamined lmao.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

yeah not surprised at all tbh. I also didn't know about the fact you could get if for free if you agreed to basically be datamined lmao.

at this point google and others have already bought and sold my data a billion times over so whatever

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Plus you can agree to be datamined, install it, then recant your agreement.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

what is with all these ultrasweat slug for the 4k killers in chaos mode

i just want to finish this loving escape tome challenge

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tiny Myers posted:

I only heard about this recently and it looks loving awful

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

I only heard about this recently and it looks loving awful

Well I mean it was just released and announced last week so not like you could have heard of it much earlier. :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh that explains it, I thought I just missed it somehow :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

fwiw it's decently fun and worth 5bux if you have a friend to play it with. The design style makes way more sense knowing it probably got repurposed and had a DbD logo slapped on it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean I've mostly been playing killer in Random and every survivor is bringing loving Brand New Parts so being a killjoy works both ways

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Relyssa posted:

what is with all these ultrasweat slug for the 4k killers in chaos mode

i just want to finish this loving escape tome challenge

Man, for a while it seemed like everybody was just using the mode to have fun.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I've managed to have some real fun in the chaos shuffler mode but yeah, every so often you get some poo poo like a Knight bleeding you out desperately trying to bait the other person over so he can get his 4k and it's like dude, what?

You're slugging. People are spawning with Diversion Scene Partner No Mither For The People and you're slugging.

Not to imply killers are having all the sweaty fun, though:

DeathChicken posted:

I mean I've mostly been playing killer in Random and every survivor is bringing loving Brand New Parts so being a killjoy works both ways
I've heard other people talking about this as well even if I haven't personally experienced it (because I've barely been touching killer on any mode). It's bizarre. Like I get doing it once for your escape archive but I know most of you aren't!

rydiafan posted:

Plus you can agree to be datamined, install it, then recant your agreement.
You get hit with another agreement when you try to install it, and I don't know if you can recant that one.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 20, 2024

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

You get hit with another agreement when you try to install it, and I don't know if you can recant that one.

When you agree to it there is text that says you can change your answer later. It's a setting in your BHVR account. That Reddit post has a link right to it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

When you agree to it there is text that says you can change your answer later. It's a setting in your BHVR account. That Reddit post has a link right to it.

I'm aware, yeah, but when you go and install it there's a huge EULA that basically says the same thing and more, talking about how it'll use various parts of your data including your browser settings and poo poo (???). Which doesn't tick that BHVR account setting. So, what did I just agree to and how do I turn it off? Why is everyone so sure the separate EULA is the same as long as you untick the little box?

And how much is it mining from me and why is it doing so, period, when it's a 2-player PVE game that looks two steps above a mobile tie-in?

I don't really get why everyone is so chill about this. I get it, our data has been mined by whatever in terrifying ways already, but that doesn't mean it isn't a creepy and weird precedent? Like when did we become cool with "can we sell your data to whoever we want as long as we pinky swear not to if you go and untick the box"? Oooh haha I almost got you! I was about to sell your data to god knows what before you ticked the box, you sneaky rascal! I'll get you next time!

It shouldn't be something they're asking to do in the first place, especially from a company that is making Nicolas Cage money and thus has absolutely has no reason to do so aside from naked greed and bankrupt morals + no better ideas on how to monetize their cancelled generic PVE title than to slap a DBD coat of paint over top and sell info about its fanbase to the highest bidder. It feels like another middle finger from a company that I'm kind of tired of getting middle fingers from.

This isn't scaremongering nor is it me throwing my arms up and saying I won't play their games anymore, just sort of baffled that everyone is collectively shrugging and a lot of people are even acting kind of weirdly condescending when someone says "hey, isn't this kind of bad?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tiny Myers posted:

I've managed to have some real fun in the chaos shuffler mode but yeah, every so often you get some poo poo like a Knight bleeding you out desperately trying to bait the other person over so he can get his 4k and it's like dude, what?

You're slugging. People are spawning with Diversion Scene Partner No Mither For The People and you're slugging.

Not to imply killers are having all the sweaty fun, though:

I've heard other people talking about this as well even if I haven't personally experienced it (because I've barely been touching killer on any mode). It's bizarre. Like I get doing it once for your escape archive but I know most of you aren't!

Last night, me Legion with all of pigs perks (what) and bbq on chaos shuffle, against a hard sweating squad who literally cheated a gen from 25 to 100 in 20 seconds (with only one person on gen) teabagging at the exit gate

it's ok though, I got my challenge to mori the dude that cheated, but it was still a bit "what"