Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

It's a four-of in Tron because it turns on all Tron lands

Modern Tron is already extremely consistent without this, what do you cut for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Looking at the spoilers, smh that they made planar nexus a commander rare. Feels like a great constructed card, possibly easy multiple-of in tron or locus, kind of lovely to put it in the $80 product you're guaranteed to only get one at a time of.

If you play this and urzas tower you have 4 mana on turn on two. I am ok with it not being in modern.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

tribal decks are still hated out by plague engineer, it's just the new two mana version of plague engineer

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fritzler posted:

If you play this and urzas tower you have 4 mana on turn on two. I am ok with it not being in modern.

But then you're a turn behind hitting 7, and will be worse off on every future turn that you could have had an extra urza land tapping for 2 or 3 instead of this. Turn 2 is the only turn where this land gets you ahead, and the currently played green version of tron has so much consistency that it has tron on turn 3 most of the time and on turn 4 all of the time unless met with serious disruption.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

But then you're a turn behind hitting 7, and will be worse off on every future turn that you could have had an extra urza land tapping for 2 or 3 instead of this. Turn 2 is the only turn where this land gets you ahead, and the currently played green version of tron has so much consistency that it has tron on turn 3 most of the time and on turn 4 all of the time unless met with serious disruption.
Not if you hit another tower. Still at 7. 7 isn’t an important number in the mana curve - there is one 7 drop in the deck. 4 for Karn/ring is. This makes that so much more likely they can play a ring on 3. The whole reason this deck plays a talisman is to make it more likely they can ring on three. So that is one easy cut and I am sure 3 more cuts are not that hard to find.

Edit: also tron is so weak to surgical effects. They are way way less with this. They would 100% play some just to prevent that (even with surgical effects decreasing since violent outburst ban).

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

Eh, 3 mana sweepers keep getting better and are relevant to the non-tribal decks. Fish could be t1 and nobody is putting in plague engineer with the current toolset available.

yeah that's true for sure, you're just better off playing the more flexible sweepers then having super narrow hate cards

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Kinda curious if that’ll see any play in Legacy at all

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The elf or the land? The land I think could be a 1-of in cloudpost as a way to filter mana while still upping the locus count

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fajita Queen posted:

Modern Tron is already extremely consistent without this, what do you cut for it?

Can modern Tron cast karn t2?

E: if the lands are so tight you can't find cuts, simply cut Urza's mine

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 16, 2024

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Fritzler posted:

It still wouldn't be as good as modern domain

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Silhouette posted:

It still wouldn't be as good as modern domain
I do (maybe) agree with this take.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Por que nos los dios?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
no reason to bring religion into this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The leyline can give you domain, but You're also the kind of deck that can afford to pay 7 for a Leyline binding.

The Nexus, ofc, tapping for white

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Elves are still going to be unplayable but I wouldn't be that shocked if Eladamri sees some play in a Collector's Cage deck. It's starting to hit a critical threshold of that sort of effect.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

ilmucche posted:

Aren't all commander cards essentially the same rarity because they come as 1-ofs in commander decks?

New Commander deck cards can also show up in their sets Collector Boosters so the rarity affects pull rates in those

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I don’t think that elf would make modern elves a deck but ill definitely play it in Historic elves

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

these are official spoilers for the stories released today.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Is there a decent combo with Broodscale? It feels like there should be.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Is there a decent combo with Broodscale? It feels like there should be.

Rosie Cotton of the South Lane, and Sadistic Glee (for Pauper).

Edit: also need a card to do something else.. this would just be the engine.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

The infinite/infinite should be the something else.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I had not seen that there are snow covered wastes in MH3, I guess if you are drafting eldrazi those will have to be pretty high picks just to be able to pay colorless costs.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

oh, the Rootwalla Broodscale may be the card that Gavin was talking about when he said that Pauper might need an emergency ban

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there currently any colorless spells that would benefit from the first ability of Echoes of Eternity? The only triggered abilities I can find on sorceries are 'If this creature dies this turn, exile it.' and the only triggered abilities on instants I could find is Desecrate Reality which is a commander card.

You could combine it with Maelstrom Nexus and if the first spell you cast in a turn is colorless it Cascade's twice, right?

If you could make a Storm card colorless would you create an infinite scenario with one cast?
Edit: Mycosynth Lattice, could do it.
Editx2: No that wouldn't work because Storm only tiggers on the initial cast, at best it halves the necessary storm count.

Vvvv Tribal has unnecessary racial overtones.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 17, 2024

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'm sure someone's probably already asked MaRo about it, but what's the reason for Kindred over Tribal?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Neito posted:

I'm sure someone's probably already asked MaRo about it, but what's the reason for Kindred over Tribal?

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/719309982093426688/just-for-clarification-is-typal-the-same-thing

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

oh, the Rootwalla Broodscale may be the card that Gavin was talking about when he said that Pauper might need an emergency ban

was Basking Rootwalla ever banned in pauper? can't find anything about it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

was Basking Rootwalla ever banned in pauper? can't find anything about it.

No Basking Rootwalla was never banned in pauper, I just think that the Broodscale's 2-card combo potential while being a totally serviceable card on its own may be a little much for Pauper. Maybe Gavin was speaking about another card yet to be revealed however!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

No Basking Rootwalla was never banned in pauper, I just think that the Broodscale's 2-card combo potential while being a totally serviceable card on its own may be a little much for Pauper. Maybe Gavin was speaking about another card yet to be revealed however!

i agree that it's really strong especially since it'll be pauper legal. i ask cause i think part of the comment from gavin was that it was similar to a previously banned card so if it wasn't banned this might not be the card.

edit:

HootTheOwl posted:

The infinite/infinite should be the something else.

no one wants to combo where the payoff (that was the word i was looking for) is to swing :colbert:

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 17, 2024

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there currently any colorless spells that would benefit from the first ability of Echoes of Eternity? The only triggered abilities I can find on sorceries are 'If this creature dies this turn, exile it.' and the only triggered abilities on instants I could find is Desecrate Reality which is a commander card.

It's mostly for doubling up your Eldrazi's cast triggers.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Strong Sauce posted:

i agree that it's really strong especially since it'll be pauper legal. i ask cause i think part of the comment from gavin was that it was similar to a previously banned card so if it wasn't banned this might not be the card.

edit:

no one wants to combo where the payoff (that was the word i was looking for) is to swing :colbert:

Its also infinite colorless mana right? You have to sac the spawns for the papuer version, but the Rosie version makes as many as you want before arena crashes

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

nadier's nightblade + sadistic glee + basking broodscale => pauper combo
you can also do mirkwood bats but that's 1 cost more

Bugsy posted:

Its also infinite colorless mana right? You have to sac the spawns for the papuer version, but the Rosie version makes as many as you want before arena crashes

you can just sac it to get the mana though right?

the pauper version does require you to get a counter on basking broodscale (through adapt or otherwise)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sit on my Jace posted:

Oh, I was thinking that since they're attached to a permanent they'd be included as the permanent triggers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh, I was thinking that since they're attached to a permanent they'd be included as the permanent triggers.

permanents are only permanents when they're on the battlefield; things on the stack are spells

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Sit on my Jace posted:

It also double Annihilator

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's a big dumb win more eldrazi enchantment.
Love it
It's also unplayable

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Broodscale goes infinite with a lot of things in pauper, but it's probably not the bannable card Gavin was talking about

Pauper has a bunch of infinites that work similarly that aren't banned or anywhere near Tier 1 or even 2, like Midnight Guard/Presence of Gond

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

People wanna go to jail it seems.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's disgusting anyone can go to jail for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sickening posted:

People wanna go to jail it seems.

99% positive rating, seems legit