Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am fairly certain that if you commit fraud for a few thousand dollars and include doing it over state lines, it should not come at a shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

It's disgusting anyone can go to jail for that.

Yeah, lethal injection is right there too

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I'm really enjoying Standard and Pioneer at the moment. While there are some clear best decks for any given weekend, the meta share isn't overwhelming for anything and the distance between the best decks and brews feels very approachable. You can target an expected meta and you can make new decks that feel reasonably competitive. Even some of the top decks can be modified fairly heavily - I'm currently playing a Gitrog, Ravenous Ride focused version of Golgari that' feels a lot better against the less heavy spot removal (less interactive or more wraths) decks in Standard.

What formats are y'all playing now?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

ilmucche posted:

99% positive rating, seems legit

"You can do this one in every 30 times and still have 97% positive feedback."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I like how while most of the positive reviews didn't leave a comment, one noted that they received a counterfeit. But the customer service follow up was nice and they got a refund so 5 stars it is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I like how while most of the positive reviews didn't leave a comment, one noted that they received a counterfeit. But the customer service follow up was nice and they got a refund so 5 stars it is.

Lmao come on

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I'm really enjoying Standard and Pioneer at the moment. While there are some clear best decks for any given weekend, the meta share isn't overwhelming for anything and the distance between the best decks and brews feels very approachable. You can target an expected meta and you can make new decks that feel reasonably competitive. Even some of the top decks can be modified fairly heavily - I'm currently playing a Gitrog, Ravenous Ride focused version of Golgari that' feels a lot better against the less heavy spot removal (less interactive or more wraths) decks in Standard.

I’m trying to find the right build for me for a Slickshot deck in pioneer because I don’t want to play the top 2 decks (vampires and Phoenix). I might trick myself into waste not if I can’t land on something.

Mostly trying different Gruul builds with and without wizards lightning support. I find myself not really liking the format very much though. Phoenix feels so bad to play against, and vampires and Amalia can end the game on t3 if you don’t have the right interaction lined up.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Silhouette posted:

Broodscale goes infinite with a lot of things in pauper, but it's probably not the bannable card Gavin was talking about

Pauper has a bunch of infinites that work similarly that aren't banned or anywhere near Tier 1 or even 2, like Midnight Guard/Presence of Gond

i think people are excited cause its 2 mana + 1 mana + something to trigger a +1/+1 counter which snakeskin veil can do for just 1 more mana (as well as protect broodscale), also can sac a myr scrapling to get the counter.

we'll see. i don't think it'll get banned cause it probably can't be consistent, but i think it will see play.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It'll probably be the next flavor of the week until enough people lose to boros or terror with it, then it'll just be another t2-3 fun deck

I'm picturing broodscale, ivy Lane denizen, falkenrath noble and some other synergy pieces that will be fun to play, but still be too slow against glint hawk/experimental synthesizer/kuldotha rebirth

edit: ban glint hawk

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 18, 2024

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Running Gruul Slickshot on Explorer and loving it. Been experimenting with Tyvars Stand in place of Blossoming Defense and a couple of other tweaks but honestly the default version of the deck is great. The Wizard variant is interesting but feels more like a sidegrade than a clear improvement.

I will say I find myself wishing for more mainboard Naturalize effects despite running 2 Boseiju because there are a lot of enchantments floating around right now.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

an LGS leaked the playmat with all the sideart.

also flusterstorm is the buy a box card

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo that land is gonna be nuts in burn/rdw decks

Are these cards getting put on arena?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

an LGS leaked the playmat with all the sideart.

also flusterstorm is the buy a box card

They can ID the undertaker but not only is kaine missing they couldn't tag that ibis headed freak Kefnet?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Flusterstorm was the buy a box for MH1, getting lazy to do it again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
looks pretty good. void mirror in shambles

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fajita Queen posted:

yes, but not the ones with the mh3 commander symbol

not sure about flusterstorm either because it's a buy a box promo

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

ilmucche posted:

I can't believe this hasn't been done.

I honestly kind of love it in its simplicity.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

This card would be awesome if pick your poison and boseiju didn't exist. I guess some of the time you can at least replace itself when it gets removed in a turn.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 19, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fetchable with urza's saga. sign me up

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kalel posted:

fetchable with urza's saga. sign me up

Yeah I think it’s good and a lot is bc of this. sickening is right those answers to answers are good but I like the card in spite of it. Excited about the new cards!!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hadn't heard of this deck before and it isn't viable anymore, but a cool vid on its history and function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I06luPguzrk

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm excited for theros 3 to introduce all the titans. but mostly uro. he probably wouldn't get banned in standard this time around

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

Boromir and Lavinia do it, first time in colorless though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Boromir and Lavinia do it, first time in colorless though.

void mirror

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Fajita Queen posted:

That land is very good, hopefully this outing is just a test for them to introduce a cycle in a standard legal set at some point in the future.

Knowing that they don't want to repeat past mistakes with Uro, Phlage seems a bit overtuned? The ETB should let you nuke a nonbasic land or an artifact and enchantment. A one turn anthem effect, something.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Hadn't heard of this deck before and it isn't viable anymore, but a cool vid on its history and function.

Some people are working on a Freestrider Lookout Lantern deck that looks like it might be viable.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm way too bad to ever be able to pilot such a deck, but I'd totally wanna watch someone smart and great play it in this current era.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

kalel posted:

void mirror

The 1 mana and draw effect are both very relevant in my thinking. Like this specific card seems is one of those things that would give you Stroke of Genius Face.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

ilmucche posted:

Uncommon, you love to see it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

rickiep00h posted:

The 1 mana and draw effect are both very relevant in my thinking. Like this specific card seems is one of those things that would give you Stroke of Genius Face.

yeah I'm just saying that it's not the first colorless card with that text

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Reddit posted some lock combos with the new card

Vexing Bauble, Karn Great, Omen Machine. Your opponent is locked out and you play all the artifacts that get exiled from Omen Machine (or outside the game).

Edit: I had Knowledge Pool.. but not sure if you can still cast your own cards with that..

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 19, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kalel posted:

yes, but not the ones with the mh3 commander symbol

not sure about flusterstorm either because it's a buy a box promo

It's been a few years since the Buy a Box wasn't part of the regular set.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Modern has some really cool cards. I think I thought of the wrong Karn when he's brought up. If nothing else, that Karn is much better one than I have in a commander deck.

Think I might go to FNM for this set, I wanna see some of these crazy Eldrazi land.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Khanstant posted:

The greatest Magic deck ever made.

I wonder if it would be able to keep up in today's Modern metagame if Opal hadn't been banned for the sins of other decks.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Unknown aven at the bottom is almost definitely Major Teroh

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

Edit: I had Knowledge Pool.. but not sure if you can still cast your own cards with that..

knowledge pool does lock all players out of casting spells with bauble, but you have a 6/6 with karn

e: wait you have to cast the spells you draw so omen machine doesnt fuel karn

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 19, 2024

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

Reddit posted some lock combos with the new card

Vexing Bauble, Karn Great, Omen Machine. Your opponent is locked out and you play all the artifacts that get exiled from Omen Machine (or outside the game).

This seems potentially very strong. Your combo is made out of MD hate that cycles, the best utility land, one of the best big mana cards, and a sb slot. The cost to have the combo in your deck is minor, I can definitely see a Freestrider Lookout list being very good.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
The only other foil treatment Flusterstorm is a judge promo iirc so the value of that buy a box promo will be higher than normal.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

This seems potentially very strong. Your combo is made out of MD hate that cycles, the best utility land, one of the best big mana cards, and a sb slot. The cost to have the combo in your deck is minor, I can definitely see a Freestrider Lookout list being very good.

Its giving me the old Mycosynth Lattice combo vibes. The lock applies to both players though , but if you are already winning onboard and your opponent is playing any creature lands, you are doing pretty well.

Its also maybe a bit "win more" , but casting Wurmcoil Engine was already not as good as it use to be either. So if you are casting something for 6 cmc , might as well have the option of a lock piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

kung fu jive posted:

The only other foil treatment Flusterstorm is a judge promo iirc so the value of that buy a box promo will be higher than normal.

You mean except all the masters sets its been reprinted in that already have foil prints?