Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

This thread is the worst anime I've seen all year.

*takes a good hard look at the mods posting history*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't make it three episodes

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Postal Parcel posted:

If you're telling me that, as a secondary character, you wouldn't betray all your people for some hot racist tail, then you aren't a person I want to associate with. :colbert:

on one hand this lady is only distanced from believing my people and homeland should rightfully be slaves to foreign conquerors by a light concussion, on the other she's the hottest character in the show

do you know where i could buy a wedding dress on short notice

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

on one hand this lady is only distanced from believing my people and homeland should rightfully be slaves to foreign conquerors by a light concussion, on the other she's the hottest character in the show

do you know where i could buy a wedding dress on short notice

C.C. was hotter.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

C.C. was hotter.

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Renowned bap-lover Namtab favoring Ms. C "rear end Shot" C? Never thought I'd see the day.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Renowned bap-lover Namtab favoring Ms. C "rear end Shot" C? Never thought I'd see the day.

CC also had righteous baps my friend

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

CC also had righteous baps my friend

Indeed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kallen was better than both while the actual pinnacle is occupied by Cornelia and Rakshata.

Gyra_Solune posted:

The craziest part is he DOESN'T actually seem to recognize her beyond being a Brit soldier, or else he'd be a fair bit more wary of her I think. But no, why would I recognize the second in command of the Purists who is on TV with Orange fairly regularly dum dee dum

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 31, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Kallen was better than both while the actual pinnacle is occupied by Cornelia and Rakshata.

Kallen: A filthy 11.
Cornelia: Kind of a jerk.
Rakshata: Good but still not C.C. level.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kallen: A filthy 11.
Cornelia: Kind of a jerk.
Rakshata: Good but still not C.C. level.

C.C.is French, that's sub-11

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

The craziest part is he DOESN'T actually seem to recognize her beyond being a Brit soldier, or else he'd be a fair bit more wary of her I think. But no, why would I recognize the second in command of the Purists who is on TV with Orange fairly regularly dum dee dum

Almost forgot about Rakshata. She also is good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

C.C.is French, that's sub-11

C.C. has green hair, her nationality isn't an issue.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C.C. has green hair, her nationality isn't an issue.

Kallen and Cornelia have superior red and purple hair

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Kallen and Cornelia have superior red and purple hair

C.C. wears a straightjacket.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C.C. wears a straightjacket.

Kallen rides a motorbike robot and Cornelia rocks those weird dress uniforms!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I vote Code Geass R2 to still be the worst anime 2015

I will also be voting it the best anime 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I hereby retroactively declare Code Geass R2 to be the worst anime of 2015.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rodyle posted:

I heartily endorse this event or product.

Cecile is pretty great, too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

She's Kikuko Inoue!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

I heartily endorse this event or product.

All the Geass ladies are good, it turns out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Not all.

Most.

And some are better.

Like C.C.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

Note to self: chumbler thinks Nina is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Note to self: chumbler thinks Nina is good.

Oh right, forgot about her. Nina is not so good.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'll see if I can put some time towards this. So far, off the top of my head, my list consists entirely of Cross Ange. That show was terrible. I watched the whole thing after the saga posted by boom in the tell me what to watch thread. It was every bit as terrible and hilarious as was claimed. The show was absolutely entertaining, but that doesn't make it good. Some of the jokes in Colorful were super funny, but the show was still resoundingly bad. So it was fun, but it was fun for being so bad.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Worst animes that I watched enough to count were Charlotte, Plastic Memories, and Re-Kan.

Charlotte was 4 different shows with too much, or not enough going on at various points. It was very pretty though.

Plastic Memories might have been alright if it weren't boring, and had taken the concept in a different direction. Instead, they made it blatantly emotionaly manipulative, and yet couldn't decide whether it was supposed to be a comedy or drama.

Re-kan was boring, shittily animated, and where it tried to do things, it fell completely flat. It had ghosts hanging around the girl, and a pervert cat. I don't really remember much more than that.

Most avoided: Cross Ange

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Is it too late to nominate Gakkou Gurashi? Because I want to do that.

It is the most disappointing anime I watched from 2015. It started out really strong, but that ending was awful. They mashed two seperate events from the manga together to make the final and the result was definitely less than both parts, stretching their impact and believability to breaking. The worst part though was the dog. When it wasn't stealing character development from real characters it was making plot holes, and then the ending with its death was the most obvious and lazy way to get an emotional response. It feels like they didn't trust themselves to create a strong ending, so they created a cute animal companion they could kill off for easy points. Even without having high expectations from the earlier episodes and reading the manga I would be upset by how cliche the finale ended up.

Rokka was another anime from this year with a bad ending but at least it wrapped up the final climax properly before making GBS threads itself, so it's still a decent 11.5 episodes. Gakkou Gurashi crashed around episode 11 and stayed bad till the end.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I will count stuff on Monday.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Probably not gonna get much more catching up done so I'm tossing my vote for worst anime this year (that I watched three or more episodes of) towards Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ by virtue of its terrible and unsatisfying conclusion which pissed away much of the good will the rest of the show had been slowly storing up. I also kinda disliked half the cast. Worse shows probably came out this year, but I'm not sure about worse disappointments.

My most avoided show could go to one of several series. Sheer word of mouth would seem to pinpoint Cross Ange as the obvious pick, or perhaps Valkyrie Drive, but I'm gonna go with KanColle which I watched a single episode of and quit out of boredom. I almost wish it was as nationalistic and jingoist as people like to whine about since at least then it might've had an interesting (albeit controversial) story to tell. As is it's just dull and tedious and I forgot about everyone in it and everything that didn't happen the minute it was over.

EDIT: Dishonrable mentions include Plastic Memories which I watched two episodes of and quit because I didn't care about anybody, and Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon which I also watched two episodes of and quit due to protagonist stupidity.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just remembered Ninja Slayer and Chaos Dragon, sheesh. Chaos Dragon could probably give KanColle a run for its money.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 4, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Probably not gonna get much more catching up done so I'm tossing my vote for worst anime this year (that I watched three or more episodes of) towards Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ by virtue of its terrible and unsatisfying conclusion which pissed away much of the good will the rest of the show had been slowly storing up. I also kinda disliked half the cast. Worse shows probably came out this year, but I'm not sure about worse disappointments.

My most avoided show could go to one of several series. Sheer word of mouth would seem to pinpoint Cross Ange as the obvious pick, or perhaps Valkyrie Drive, but I'm gonna go with KanColle which I watched a single episode of and quit out of boredom. I almost wish it was as nationalistic and jingoist as people like to whine about since at least then it might've had an interesting (albeit controversial) story to tell. As is it's just dull and tedious and I forgot about everyone in it and everything that didn't happen the minute it was over.

Goldoff, Nash, and Maura are only 3/7th of the cast, OP.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Vomit girl sucked too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Vomit girl sucked too.

Chamo.gif

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I seriously need to make an imgur account so I can have that image on hand.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What was wrong with Ninja Slayer?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WickedHate posted:

what's wrong with bad seafood that you aren't banned again, you loathsome piece of human garbage

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WickedHate posted:

everything

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

WickedHate posted:

there's nothing seriously wrong with it, imo

you, on the other hand, are my personal pick for most avoided show of the year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People actually expected Ninja Slayer to be a real thing but it turned out to be another joke show. Also it was 20 times longer than Inferno Cop which spread the joke pretty thin.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

what's wrong with bad seafood that you aren't banned again, you loathsome piece of human garbage
______/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.jpg posted:

______/

• Locked thread