Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
:siren:
Exile Hunt (24:45)

After using up almost all my hacking and using gamey deductive logic, I managed to find what I was looking for. And survived another reprisal wave from our green friends with over a hundred Zenith Reprocessors, which may still end up being the death of me - literally - before this is over. Now we've got a clear path to the next step, on a planet I had originally intended to take anyway … but I don't know what happens then.

Fat Samurai still lurks out there in one of the homeworlds.

Up Next

We see what Portia has to offer … and then, who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Once the Blade gets going as long as you remember to drive it home you pretty much win. Its getting it going that's the thing.

And also the AI absolutely flipping out

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Sounds like !FUN!.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Exodian Blade Revealed! (23:28)

We have indeed found the Exodian Blade in Portia. A big lore dump resulted, which basically boils down to the fact that the Blade and another of it's kind, referred to as its 'brother', were exiled to the Milky way in a time long past. Out of billions of planets in the galaxy, they chose ours. Lucky us. Esp. since dear bro is basically responsible for manipulating the two rival factions of the Human Civil War into creating AI and starting this whole mess. The Blade is also a precursor of the Spire. It appears to be insanely powerful, and activating it will not go unnoticed (stop me if you've heard this before). So next I chose to grab more core turret controllers to handle that response better. The final stop, Quaoar, is going to be … painful. But lucrative as well, if I can pull it off.

As an aside, clearing out planets with Mk IV Guardians is getting old and tedious fast. Fortunately, I think I'm almost done with that process.

Up Next

Finishing up Portia - I have one idea to test out to make my raids a bit more effective but it's still going to be a grind. And then we get to see what happens when we fire up our new … friend.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can’t wait to see more giant robot murder.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Strategic Sage posted:

Exodian Blade Revealed! (23:28)

We have indeed found the Exodian Blade in Portia. A big lore dump resulted, which basically boils down to the fact that the Blade and another of it's kind, referred to as its 'brother', were exiled to the Milky way in a time long past. Out of billions of planets in the galaxy, they chose ours. Lucky us. Esp. since dear bro is basically responsible for manipulating the two rival factions of the Human Civil War into creating AI and starting this whole mess. The Blade is also a precursor of the Spire. It appears to be insanely powerful, and activating it will not go unnoticed (stop me if you've heard this before). So next I chose to grab more core turret controllers to handle that response better. The final stop, Quaoar, is going to be … painful. But lucrative as well, if I can pull it off.

As an aside, clearing out planets with Mk IV Guardians is getting old and tedious fast. Fortunately, I think I'm almost done with that process.

Up Next

Finishing up Portia - I have one idea to test out to make my raids a bit more effective but it's still going to be a grind. And then we get to see what happens when we fire up our new … friend.

Its pretty good... and a bit sad if you put it in context of the rest of the lore.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Annointed posted:

I can’t wait to see more giant robot murder.

Unfortunately you will have to wait longer - there were complications :P.

PITA Core Guardians (33:43)

I was able to improve on how I dealt with Quoaor a bit, so that wasn't too hard and we got the goodies there. However, beginning to repair the Exodian Blade does indeed provoke an AI response immediately, and it also takes a long time, so I didn't think I could afford to leave the newly-alerted core world of Falcorum be for that long and let it build up. Clearing it out proved to be one of the most tedious and painful processes I've done. It laughed at my beachhead attempts, gleefully shredding them no matter how much I put up. Core-level Guardians are not to be trifled with, and they possessed nearly a hundred of them. So this episode consists mostly of the montage of me wearing them down … and the reprisals which resulted.

Up Next

I think we're to the point where I can beachead and eliminate the rest of the nasties in Falcorum. If that works, then I can indeed move on to the Blade.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Repairing the Blade (19:37)

It is time. The beachhead in Falcorum followed by beginning the repair process on the Exodian Blade. . So far I'm not impressed with the AI's response.

Up Next

The Blade will be fully restored, and we see what happens next. .

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Activating the Blade! (26:18)

We get to see what makes the Exodian Blade so doggone special. And the AI pushes the 'extra flipping out' button in response.

Up Next

The run concludes with me finding a way to press home the Blade's attack - and a second way to victory is explored with the Nomad option as well. That one requires one of the most ridiculously gimmicky things I've ever done in a game.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Make sure to kill any forcefields in the way etc

Honestly you could have rushed through to the closer ai homeworld. the Blade needs help, but not a lot and it will do good work against most of the lesser ai ships.

But yes, you just target the wormhole, blade flies through it, you win. And yes the ai will spam ships at you infinitely while the blade is on its homeworld

One thing I did was have the lightning warheads travel with the blade and detonate one by one to keep the crowds in control.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 28, 2020

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

AtomikKrab posted:

onestly you could have rushed through to the closer ai homeworld. the Blade needs help, but not a lot and it will do good work against most of the lesser ai ships.

I tried that multiple times and never got close to the target - most of that was cut out of the video. With planetwide tachyon I couldn't consistently get the lightning warheads close enough to help. Based on what I eventually had to do to win it, I doubt very much that it was actually possible in that way.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Double Destruction! (35:09)

Victory is finally achieved … twice! First with the Exodian Blade, and then we tackle the Nomad side which ended up requiring an even more cheesy, gimmicky approach.

Up Next

The LP will conclude, with it having started a mere year and a half ago roughly, with a demonstration of just how absurd the difficulty can get if you want it to. I'll be maxing out the worst settings I can think of, and seeing how long I last. It won't be long at all, of that I am certain.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Maxing everything and seeing what happens to you is fun

You will not last long like you said but fun.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

It was … got ugly quicker than I expected but still amusing in it's own way. Thanks for sticking with the end of the journey here.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Strategic Sage posted:

It was … got ugly quicker than I expected but still amusing in it's own way. Thanks for sticking with the end of the journey here.

Until more expansions come for AI War 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

A Hopeless Cause (11:10)

Let's just say I spend as much time here on the setup as I did playing. Once the first big auto-AIP increase hit, the mother of all exo-waves came in, and it wouldn't matter what I did at that point. Ain't nobody stopping that train.

So that's it, and that's all. A new project will be coming next week.