Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who's gonna be the X?
Henare
Brody King
"Mad" Mikey Nicholls
Robbie Eagles
other
View Results

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

great match. bit surprised they had kota lose his first defense but i think they feel he's been solidified with the dome wins and becoming the first champ of a new lineage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Currently working out if New Japan Strong once a week is worth my 999 yen.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I just wanted Murder Kota :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So er, what UK time are NOAH shows on?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Match was awesome tbh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just a loving awful decision, especially following that stupid loving spot with Bea last week. Jesus Christ.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Welp, we tried warning y'all that they'll never stop pushing Will

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Currently working out if New Japan Strong once a week is worth my 999 yen.

Still worth it for the archival stuff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh geoff

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cobb noo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I guess I’m gonna stick with ChocoPro for now bye

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Lmao @ the RevPro belt looking so cheap next to the IWGP

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
DDT has the adventures of a little lego boy idiot. WrestleUniverse it is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello you. i'm guru larry and this is fact hunt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey Gedo, EVIL was a really weak champion, perhaps the weakest you've had in like a decade!
Gedo: I hear ya, and don't worry I'm gonna take care of that!
books Ospreay to win the loving title

:sigh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I get why people don't like it but it doesn't just elevate Ospreay but also the rest of United Empire by association. Let's have Henare & Cobb win the Tag straps. There's a new name at the top of the cards who is absolutely over with the Japanese crowds. And unlike in the EVIL era, the title matches are going to be really good.

They got here terribly, with the attacking Bea angle, Ospreay's actively bad heel promos, Naito's lovely & pointless reign, but I think the end result will be good.

Rarity posted:

So er, what UK time are NOAH shows on?

Read the Puroresu thread to see my weekly schedule that will tell you! (Today they had a show start at the same time as this, yesterday they had one start 30 minutes later, some times they do earlier shows)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i hope kota isnt legit hurt

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

hope tana vanquishes the gaijin rear end in a top hat at the dome like he did a couple eyears ago to get at least one reign with the new belt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just think it's funny that New Japan crowned a British world champion after like 30 years of WWE people promising they'll be the first British champion and then never doing it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Feels really weird that this switch means we're still not getting the big Ibushi/Tanahashi match they've been teasing since forever

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rarity posted:

Feels really weird that this switch means we're still not getting the big Ibushi/Tanahashi match they've been teasing since forever

tana just needs to vanquish the gaijin rear end in a top hat at the dome like he did a couple years ago first. he def needs one reign with the new belt...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Ospreay, today of all days is not the time to taunt a God that you think is dead

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

I get why people don't like it but it doesn't just elevate Ospreay but also the rest of United Empire by association. Let's have Henare & Cobb win the Tag straps. There's a new name at the top of the cards who is absolutely over with the Japanese crowds. And unlike in the EVIL era, the title matches are going to be really good.

They got here terribly, with the attacking Bea angle, Ospreay's actively bad heel promos, Naito's lovely & pointless reign, but I think the end result will be good.

Yeah it's lovely, but from a pure business standpoint this is most likely a good move. Ospreay is a far more credible champion and they've turned around the Dumbpire from kinda floundering to the new top heel faction.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao they really put the belt on will ospreay, yea im unsubbing until the g1

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oh well. It was a good and well wrestled match.

But the result does lessen my enthusiasm for their shows. Not remove it entirely, but certainly lessen it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

I could see that being G1 finals because they won't be able to resist Tana getting a small run with the new belt.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

hahah this is an interesting little weakness to the character that hes obsessed by Okada still. That is good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ if they have him loving beat Okada too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Even Ospreay can't get a good match out of Okada :(

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
one God falls only for another to return :D

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Street clothes Kazu is a look.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Shingo has something to say

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
SHINGO

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well now this is getting intriguing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

either of these guys would be good challengers obv just don't do a fuckin 3 way for the second title match....

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

either of these guys would be good challengers obv just don't do a fuckin 3 way for the second title match....

Oh man, one match at each Dome. That rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looking forward to Okada vs. Shingo for the vacant IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
okada has some funny facial expressions

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Seams posted:

okada has some funny facial expressions

That's because he's a comedy midcarder now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

That's because he's a comedy midcarder now.

the man just loves to play his drums