Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

vindication for Fortnite tragedies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

accidentally jumped off a cliff, didn't want to waste the wakestone, that was a bad idea in the unmoored world.

cleared the unmoored world, after 70h I'm probably 'done' until an expansion comes out. I definitely want Bitterblack 2 and all the missing monsters (Hydra, Gazer, Watcher, Eliminator, Death, Maneater...). More please.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 21, 2024

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh that just kind of ended huh. Still, Unmoored World was a blast, I enjoyed that conceptually it's just the Pathfinder having a temper tantrum and sending you to Morrowind for not doing your job properly, and the player character's response is to sprint around the world finding all his friends and bring them back to his house.

I guess at the end of the day the Pawns were right... all roads do lead to Gran Soren.

Sick game but needs more enemies and a Dark Arisen equivalent. Makes me want to replay DA too. The core gameplay and vocations are perfect so if they just keep building on it and don't wait another 12 years it could be something really special, and Capcom do that sort of thing so I'm excited to see what it looks like in a couple of years.

Not that we should have to wait that long but w/e. Monster Hunter Rise launched with a big popup at the end of the campaign saying "we haven't finished the final boss yet lol come back later" and now it's great too

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 22, 2024

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god the sphinx rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the sealing phial :stare:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is proof that someone can offer you the simplest, cheesiest, most classic setting and by involving and realizing the gamer’s will make you believe you’re there in a stronger way than any caliber of voice actor or number of codex entries ever could. True genius poo poo from Capcom… sure they’re greedy assholes but at least they still know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite lore thing is there’s gangs of bandits who pretend to also be Arisens with pawns. Fake gamers. Society.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
it also keeps track of them in your kill list under "Imposters"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone not playing this is balls to the walls retarded.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Anyone not playing this is balls to the walls retarded.

absolutely this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it also keeps track of them in your kill list under "Imposters"

I love this game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love this game

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love this game

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thought i was having fun w/ mage, sorcerer and trickster but then i got magic archer
holy poo poo this is epic

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fucker posted:

thought i was having fun w/ mage, sorcerer and trickster but then i got magic archer
holy poo poo this is epic

I burnt out before unlocking that but I still want to. I wanna try to beat the game with main pawn only sometime also.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finally got to volcano island and this place is psycho lmao. got to volcano ruins, left to go do some quests, fought some volcano rattlers nd my main pawn fell down a ledge nd activated some lava slimes. anyway then a dragon drops in, we cant do any damage to the slimes and they kill two pawns immediately, i run back to camp (like three minute run, basically nothin) and activate two bandit squads that were fightin each other and a squad of saurians, a bunch of goblins, a full garm wolfpack, nd then finally a cyclops. all my pawns are long dead and i use two wakestones by th time me and the guards kill everything, gained like half a level nd a full vocation level. god this game kicks rear end lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps i wasnt expecting much from archer until i used it for tht one elf's non-pejoraitve gay elf quest and man its fun, exploding arrow to a monster head is top ten best video game moments

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my only complaint about the volcano area is that i wish there was more of it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Getting there for that dwarf blacksmith quest was my favorite part of the entire game. I hope the Dark Arisen version has more like that Drabnir's Grotto dungeon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

when the gently caress are they gonna put this dried up dog turd on steep discount so that i can gobble it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I might swap to archer next time I play, when I started I was planning on going mage to magick archer since they’re both healing and buffing classes and I’d just get a big boost in direct combat when I make the change, but it seems like magick archer shows up much later in the game than I was expecting and I don’t know if I want to wait that long to start shooting stuff.

Maybe I should just be swapping classes more in general, early in the game I switched to thief for a bit to get to the passive ability that makes enemies aggro you less to bring it back to mage so enemies wouldn’t interrupt my casting as much, there’s probably plenty of other combos like that you could do if you play around.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

switch around like crazy imo, ive got all the classes except trickster up to 3-4 minimum now and its givin me a good look at what i want to play

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
plus you want those augments

you gotta get the augments man

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Volcano Island kicks rear end

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

You're all reminding me that I barely touched the magic classes on my first playthrough and now I want to fire up new game plus and get back into it. Goddamn, this game's cool.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I barely messed with Trickster but I bet it's really fun once you rank it up a bit. Mystic Spearhand and Magic Archer are awesome. Shooting big blocks of ice at monsters never got old.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol hopped off an oxcart in vermund nd a lesser dragon landed

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
trying to level up your sorcerer job when you are in cave-heavy area is brutal

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I barely messed with Trickster but I bet it's really fun once you rank it up a bit.
Unfortunately no. Complete missed opportunity but one dud class isn't bad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Trickster is cool for when your tired of doing all the work yourself and wanna watch the bros lay waste.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
im still waiting for the pc performance fix lol, even with all my fans on max vernworth made my cpu so hot i was scared i was gonna ruin it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Being able to turn on Ray Tracing now that I got a 4060 was a nice treat for my NG+, everything's a lovely vista. Shame it's not good enough to ray trace elden ring yet. But one of these days.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

im still waiting for the pc performance fix lol, even with all my fans on max vernworth made my cpu so hot i was scared i was gonna ruin it

max vernworth:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

max vernworth:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Sub-Actuality posted:

max vernworth:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

max vernworth:

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

max vernworth:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

It worked fine after one of the early patches for me. Still not great and the cities chug like I'm back in Balmora in 2003 but I have Stockholm syndrome from doing just that so I don't mind

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
its been a bit for sure so ill have to check if it did get better. ill be excited if it did i was having a ton of fun with it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

had to pause right at th beginning of the fight with the dragon for a freakin meeting so ive just been repeating the most portentous poo poo i can imagine in th dragon voice for ten minutes