Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Don’t worry, the studio will get skittish about a fully subtitled movie and nix the whole idea and cast Chris Pratt in the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Don’t worry, the studio will get skittish about a fully subtitled movie and nix the whole idea and cast Chris Pratt in the lead.

I'm starting to hate seeing that guys name and I have no explanation for why

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Finally playing this game on PS5 and it’s incredible. Just unlocked the Ghost Stance and wow, that was a great sequence.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

eravulgaris posted:

Finally playing this game on PS5 and it’s incredible. Just unlocked the Ghost Stance and wow, that was a great sequence.

I love how generous it is with the timing. You can approach them at horror movie villain speed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've been thinking about this game again lately and kinda want to replay it for the millionth time even though I'm busy with other stuff. I think the biggest thing holding me back is that I don't want to do NG+ since it's been long that I need to work my way up through the stances and items again, but I don't want to sit through the unskippable cutscenes again starting from a new save. They're great, I've just seen the whole story too many times now so I'd rather blaze through them for the gameplay.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Only the first time through the game are they unskippable. When I eventually got around to NG+ I blitzed through them all.

edit: oh I misread, you want to do an actual fresh save. I think you're overestimating how long it will take you to get reacquainted with the stances and stuff.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 8, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I would probably just do an NG+ on lethal and savour the flavour. Just remember to block those arrows!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lobok posted:

Only the first time through the game are they unskippable. When I eventually got around to NG+ I blitzed through them all.

edit: oh I misread, you want to do an actual fresh save. I think you're overestimating how long it will take you to get reacquainted with the stances and stuff.

Yeah, I'll probably just give NG+ a shot. I actually do like going back to the beginning because I like the pacing of all the stance and item introductions, but that's an awful lot of time spent sitting through the story again.

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Lobok posted:

I love how generous it is with the timing. You can approach them at horror movie villain speed.

Will have to try that out. Wonder if I can crouch walk to them…

Wish I could decapitate everyone once I’m in Ghost Stance but hey.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The stances are easy because the button you need to switch to has the icon of whatever you’re trying to counter and they even match the shape of the enemy you’re trying to counter.

Cross because it’s crossing swords
Circle because shields are circular
Triangle because it’s a pointy spear
Square because it’s a big burly square guy

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

History Comes Inside! posted:

The stances are easy because the button you need to switch to has the icon of whatever you’re trying to counter and they even match the shape of the enemy you’re trying to counter.

Cross because it’s crossing swords
Circle because shields are circular
Triangle because it’s a pointy spear
Square because it’s a big burly square guy

this is genius, thank you!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have raid builds for 3 of the 4 characters if anyone fancies a frolic. it's been so long it'd be like doing them brand new again.

My archer is not as cracked but still very good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
PC port announced for May 16th!

Support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and 48:9 Triple Monitor.

Support for NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. Along with NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA.

Lip sync for Japanese voiceover.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm kinda torn on getting the port for this, since it runs really well on PS5. I think 4k/60? 4k/120 + everything maxed on PC would be nice, but it's not a situation where the PS5 version was making big sacrifices (vs something like FF16 which actually will be a massive upgrade once it's finally released on PC).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's awesome. I actually forgot it wasn't on there by this point, I'm glad more folks will get to play it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
*SLAM BUYS THE GAME FOR A SECOND TIME LIKE A PRIZE IDIOT*

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would like to do the Sushi raid again if anyone is ever putzing around over a weekend

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This comes out in 3 days on PC and I am very much looking forward to it :toot:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Everything about this game is amazing, except for the stupid headbands. Hate finding a pillar of honor just to realize its a headband. Haikus are nice but no headband please. I like wearing hats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

explosivo posted:

This comes out in 3 days on PC and I am very much looking forward to it :toot:

More people playing Legends is cool and good. To get a co-op loot mode with a drat Raid (a fun one at that!) out of what was basically a cool single player game was wild. It really leaned into how fun the combat is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

More people playing Legends is cool and good. To get a co-op loot mode with a drat Raid (a fun one at that!) out of what was basically a cool single player game was wild. It really leaned into how fun the combat is.

I'm actually really looking forward to this because I have a couple friends who are picking it up as well. I don't know a lot about it though, does it use the same save as your main game or is it a separate thing altogether?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I absolutely loved Legends mode.

Haven't played since the original release. What's the status today? Has much changed?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

explosivo posted:

I'm actually really looking forward to this because I have a couple friends who are picking it up as well. I don't know a lot about it though, does it use the same save as your main game or is it a separate thing altogether?

It has separate progression. You play as 4 different classes and switch between them freely. Your loot is shared among classes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WaltherFeng posted:

It has separate progression. You play as 4 different classes and switch between them freely. Your loot is shared among classes.

drat that sounds sweet!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It is pretty sweet my only complaint is that once you hit the item level cap of 120 with optimal skills you are pretty much done.

That's right my only complaint is that it eventually ends.

Maybe Tsushima 2 some day.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seems like keys might be going out for this if you preordered it outside of Steam, just got mine from cdkeys. 47GB preload.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think it’s funny that the new AC game has basically the same concept that I thought would make a good GoT sequel after I finished the first one (switch between stealth-focused ninja Yuna and sword combat-focussed samurai Jin)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

It is pretty sweet my only complaint is that once you hit the item level cap of 120 with optimal skills you are pretty much done.

That's right my only complaint is that it eventually ends.

Maybe Tsushima 2 some day.

I've sad that (as far as I'm aware?) that's still no sign of a second one. It seems like a pretty straight-forward "formula" (since it's basically just "Ubisoft stuff but more polished").

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I think it’s funny that the new AC game has basically the same concept that I thought would make a good GoT sequel after I finished the first one (switch between stealth-focused ninja Yuna and sword combat-focussed samurai Jin)

Yeah, I just saw that preview this morning and was thinking about how it might compete to a GoT sequel on the gameplay side. I guess Sucker Punch could still do it too, I'd give them a high chance of success while Ubisoft feels it'll like a coin flip between being good or rear end(creed).

e: has a Ghost of Tsushima sequel even been officially mentioned? I was just searching around about it, and everything I'm finding seems to boil down to the studio referencing working on *something* and everyone taking that to be GoT2. Which doesn't feel substantially different than my general assumption that it'll get a sequel someday just because the first game was received well.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 15, 2024

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Jason Schreier is pretty tapped in and he tweeted this the other day: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1789694171176984792

So according to his knowledge and sources there is a sequel being worked on but yes I don't think there's been any official announcement.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Been playing on PC for a couple hours now, and man it's good to be back. I've been craving another run of this game for some time but I haven't been able to until now.

The FSR 3 and frame gen has been probably the best I've seen so far too. Very smooth, and almost no FSR artifacting that I've seen aside from embers and other small flame effects which don't look too great.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jealous of people experiencing this game for the first time, still one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and probably one of the best open world structures; game doesn't dump icons all over the map, you just organically hear stories/rumors about things or discover them on your own as you carve a way through shrines, encounters, camps, and other little discoveries. Always feels like you're engaging in the systems and never have to go too far for things to happen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just started, digging it already. The framerate is solid for me with everything maxed out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wonder what the mod scene's gonna be like for this one. I don't generally like to buy multiple copies of games, but that could sway me. I can't resist the siren song of Thomas The Tank Engine making a random appearance in things

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I'm really looking forward to this once I have some free time. A friend of mine worked on it, and he said the last couple weeks of crunch time leading up to the PC release have been rough (Nixxes did the port, but apparently there was still more to be done at Sucker Punch).

I hope it runs okay on my potato computer.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I love this raid and I have end game assassin, samurai and ronin builds, down to go pretty much whenever

Also happy to help level people who would wanna raid through the earlier ranks

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 17, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

On the off chance this applies to someone else, I needed to turn on "Exclusive Fullscreen" for the game to run perfectly smoothly (no change in framerate, but the frames weren't syncing properly in "normal" Full-screen mode).

This game is particularly gorgeous on an OLED TV. Perfect for all the colors. I'm actually kinda curious how it runs on Steam Deck (though I have no real need to play it on mine).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wonder what the mod scene's gonna be like for this one. I don't generally like to buy multiple copies of games, but that could sway me. I can't resist the siren song of Thomas The Tank Engine making a random appearance in things

You have to save your homeland from the evil Khan Randy Savage.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Just started, been looking forward to the PC release for years as I don't have a console. This is a really great game. It doesn't do anything new, but presentation is super refined and just wandering around the world is a treat. The minimal UI goes a long way toward immersion.

I thought I was tired of open world games after bouncing off Forbidden West, but GoT is really pulling me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It turns out good art direction is really important for how good a game looks, arguably more so than high resolution and detail.