Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Arson Daily posted:

pop quiznos rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

whoever was running quiznos ad account for those few years was pumping out some good ones
https://youtu.be/7PdsS01iUZs?si=QP0A0hZ93vYkDAgO

https://youtu.be/oSSwkbwwGDg?si=3bYie2tF5JqEu51Y

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

of all the b3ta superstars that got chosen it will forever be mysterious why Veitch was the one

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Manzoon posted:

That sounds insane to me. The only container buildings in my area on the east coast are wildly more expensive than other apartments, and they are mostly in their own little upscale fancy areas for idiots to live in or lovely office spaces.

Coincidentally, one of my contract jobs involves designing portable equipment rooms that use shipping containers, so I'm very aware of how much and how little you can cram into them. Winterizing them takes up a good chunk of usable space!

Yup, like I said uncle sam loves containerized living, it's modular, quick to put up and take down, you can plop them pretty much anywhere, you can power an apartment block with minimal fuss, and you only really need to worry about crazy insulation on the top level, the rest can get by with pretty minimal insulation. It's like something out of a cyberpunk novel:

I was never in a block that big, that one is one of several "apartment blocks" in Camp Lemmonier Djibouti, made out of 20 footers, 2 people to a container. The ones I was in over in Afghanistan were typically 2 story and made out of 40 footers with 3-6 people in them, or made out of 2 20 footers welded together to make a 20' by 20' room with 4-6 bunks. Usually not all the people that live in a container are there at the same time, they usually make it so half the occupants are on one shift, and the others are on the opposite shift, and in the realm of "max" capacity, usually they are actually only about 2/3 full, unless you're just coming in, or another unit is relieving you right before the end of your tour.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 18, 2024

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I though this was a video shitpost for fun but no it was an actual ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

Not doing that again, that burned /looks at crotch

put it in me, scott

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
accept the invite, then join remotely and act confused

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

propose a new time, 3000 years into the future

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FMguru posted:

this is the worst idea ive seen this year (so far)

https://x.com/ZenOfDesign/status/1791249756695523766

“do you have stairs in your house? why, yes!”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

falling down the stairs and into a waiting car like fred flintstone

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

akadajet posted:

“do you have stairs in your house? why, yes!”
Do you have house in your stairs?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
do you have anything but stairs in your house

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

this could save companies a fuckload of money if they replaced their CEOs with these.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

i'll take one of these but with packard bell and 386

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljOFVbU3kL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3C-Cepr8c

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah gently caress this is making me angery.

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

spookykid posted:

Yup, like I said uncle sam loves containerized living, it's modular, quick to put up and take down, you can plop them pretty much anywhere, you can power an apartment block with minimal fuss, and you only really need to worry about crazy insulation on the top level, the rest can get by with pretty minimal insulation. It's like something out of a cyberpunk novel:

I was never in a block that big, that one is one of several "apartment blocks" in Camp Lemmonier Djibouti, made out of 20 footers, 2 people to a container. The ones I was in over in Afghanistan were typically 2 story and made out of 40 footers with 3-6 people in them, or made out of 2 20 footers welded together to make a 20' by 20' room with 4-6 bunks. Usually not all the people that live in a container are there at the same time, they usually make it so half the occupants are on one shift, and the others are on the opposite shift, and in the realm of "max" capacity, usually they are actually only about 2/3 full, unless you're just coming in, or another unit is relieving you right before the end of your tour.

Lordy I had no idea they were throwing these things up at military bases. I thought you meant government subsidized housing when you said "uncle sam".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Manzoon posted:

Lordy I had no idea they were throwing these things up at military bases. I thought you meant government subsidized housing when you said "uncle sam".

they're often built in the empire's remote outposts since they have to ship almost everything in to build the base anyway.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Manzoon posted:

You seem to be confused about the government's priorities

But also containers probably actually make more sense in that case

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah gently caress this is making me angery.

no ragrets

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:madmax:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

accept the invite, then join remotely and act confused

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kenny Logins posted:

molly moon come to bluesky and repost all your vi— ohhh. right

???

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bsky isn’t great for videos and gifs currently

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

bsky isn’t great for videos and gifs currently

I've never heard of her before, but there's another site she advertises that she uses for videos.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what kind of videos

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you know what kind. she's come up in this thread before.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what kind of website

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i was at some bar in dayton ohio and they had a bunch of pinball machines. no idea what it was called or where it was im lucky they're even in focus

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
pinball owns. there’s a place nearby that is pinball and billiards. it had probably 20 machines. no bar, no food - just the games. somehow they make it on that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Monday, me, sunday evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

mystes posted:

You seem to be confused about the government's priorities

But also containers probably actually make more sense in that case

No, I assumed it was a huge waste and a grift if they were being built regardless.