Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Thankfully for PC users NCAA 2014 Revamped is still getting updated and RPCS3 is getting better every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Roasted Donut posted:

No PC just means it's saving a lot of people from wasting their money on an assuredly microtransaction filled buggy piece of poo poo

I know in my heart this is true but the moment I see somebody on youtube play the game and I hear the fight songs and poo poo I'll want it.

I won't buy a console for it though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I know in my heart this is true but the moment I see somebody on youtube play the game and I hear the fight songs and poo poo I'll want it.

I won't buy a console for it though.

PS5 is p great tho as a counterpoint

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spaced God posted:

Thankfully for PC users NCAA 2014 Revamped is still getting updated and RPCS3 is getting better every day

I assume College Bowl will almost immediately have an NCAA mod like Legend Bowl has an NFL mod

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

General Dog posted:

If there was ever a college football game for PC it was pre-2000; it’s been console-only for forever.

At this point it’s been nothing-only forever.

I’ll still buy it day 1 but this stinks for PC fans.

I assume the answer is yes but do modern ea sports games have Xbox PlayStation cross play?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 16, 2024

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

There's an NCAA 06 mod I really wanna try called NCAA NEXT

Maybe that'll be my summer project with a Steam Deck

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1791203241822167161

If they do custom controller decals for all schools, I'm going to get Tulane decals immediately. I can't imagine they'd actually make custom controls, so just hoping for decals and that this isn't a promotional picture that leads to nothing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The last NCAA 14 had Ultimate Team, it is a microtransaction lootbox hellscape but if it's possible to put together backfields with like Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush together, it's the one in the EA stable that might get me. I play FIFA EA FC every year and somehow managed to never put much time or any money into FUT. Calm down, it'll have the dynasty mode you're looking for.

and yeah of course the listing for the Ultimate Expensive Version is going to list all of the extras first, and those are mostly related to Ultimate Team. That ain't new.

PC versions of Madden have only existed for how long? That used to be console only too. Unsurprising on year one they're focused on the current gen consoles only.

I'll keep my ear on the ground regarding crossplay, in any case I'm likely to be on Xbox anyways but if that happens it means the Xbox/PS online dynasty schism is no more. (Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever play online dynasty, unless like a group of Aussies really want to get into this game :v: )

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I too would like mustachio controller

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

oh dang, these must not be real controllers or it would have the PS5 logo on it like the Charlotte one. I guess they are just ads to hype up the game.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I hate how hype that poo poo is getting me

gently caress

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jeremor posted:

I hate how hype that poo poo is getting me

gently caress

The most recent entry counts as a retro game by two common metrics - more than 10 years old, and two console generations ago

I don't care if it sucks or if I can wait and get it free through Game Pass in January, it's the principle of the thing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Id love an official orange & white checkerboard Tennessee controller. They have skins that you can put on but it’s not the same

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

General Dog posted:

If there was ever a college football game for PC it was pre-2000; it’s been console-only for forever.

They've been doing PC releases of Madden for a few years now, I don't think expecting NCAA to also have a PC version was that unreasonable.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Pakled posted:

They've been doing PC releases of Madden for a few years now, I don't think expecting NCAA to also have a PC version was that unreasonable.

Are the PC releases day and date with console? Or are they delayed a bit?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nystral posted:

Are the PC releases day and date with console? Or are they delayed a bit?

Same day

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spaced God posted:

i had no idea this existed and i ccould have been playing ncaa football on my drat computer

e: oh it's an emulator thing, never mind

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 17, 2024

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

In my Revamped ROAD TO GLORY, Allar lost to Syracuse, UCF, and Indiana before getting obliterated by Ohio State 52-3. That's how I got the starting job.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/1791186198385336748

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Clemson boosters going to pool their resources to put together a Jimbo Fisher-esque buyout after Dabo goes 5-7 this season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just making me more excited for App State Clemson. I want to ruin Dabo to

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hed posted:

Mizzou Curators (like Board of Regents / Board of Directors) are meeting tonight regarding "Intercollegiate Athletics". No one is sure what it's about so here's someone unsourced with implications:

https://twitter.com/sixcolumnsports/status/1791112533526372784

Who wants to speculate?

God DAMMIT Mizzou if you ruin my perfect Texas/OU to SEC dream realignment that I spent 8 long years willing into existence I swear to GOD

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

In fairness, Dabo probably isn't that wrong though, regarding players currently in the portal. The portal mainly consists of players who weren't good enough to start on their previous teams, so most probably aren't good enough to start at Clemson. The winter portal is where the action happens, cause that's when the blue bloods are dropping a million dollars on transfers from major programs, like Quinshon Judkins. But I think those offers happen before the player officially enters the portal.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Komet posted:

In fairness, Dabo probably isn't that wrong though, regarding players currently in the portal. The portal mainly consists of players who weren't good enough to start on their previous teams, so most probably aren't good enough to start at Clemson. The winter portal is where the action happens, cause that's when the blue bloods are dropping a million dollars on transfers from major programs, like Quinshon Judkins. But I think those offers happen before the player officially enters the portal.

awfully generous of you to assume that he's talking about right this second, and very convenient of him to only be talking about the late spring portal dregs

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Me, seeing the last drops from the barrel : "See, I did good not buying a bottle, this whiskey is basically just crap."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I recall the Ultimate Team microtransaction bullshit being extraordinarily easy to ignore in 2014.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

I recall the Ultimate Team microtransaction bullshit being extraordinarily easy to ignore in 2014.

Yeah as far as I know EA (remarkably) has never gone so far as to put microtransactions in franchise mode in Madden, so I would assume the same will hold true for dynasty mode here, at least for now. Maybe it's just because EA forgets franchise mode exists at all most years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Anyone know what time the NCAA Football game’s full reveal is at?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Spacebump posted:

Anyone know what time the NCAA Football game’s full reveal is at?

The reveal trailer goes live in about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1QDaXkufCo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I just hope the Sun Bowl looks good

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
w/r/t CFB game & the Ultimate Team mode, yeah it's the focus of all the Madden games lately because it makes a buttload of money. But franchise/GM mode still exists in Madden too, and if I can get a CFB version of that with a piddly little recruiting sim attached, I'll be head over heels in love and spend a billion hours playing that game. That's my bare minimum. Anything better than that (a more robust recruitment option, transfer portal shenanigans, custom conferences/teams, playoff wiggle room, customizable gameday rituals, and and and whatever our piddly little brains can think of) and this will still be my favorite sports game ever god bless thanks I'll hang up now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Most important question for me would be, can you realign the conferences at the beginning of Dynasty? I don’t know if I’d just revert them or if I would make my own ideal conferences.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most important question for me would be, can you realign the conferences at the beginning of Dynasty? I don’t know if I’d just revert them or if I would make my own ideal conferences.

I think conference customization was confirmed as a returning feature pretty early on, but I bet there will be some obviously annoying limitation on it that they'll wait until subsequent years to fix.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/easportscollege/status/1791483861718663547?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

This webpage has the text version of all the marketing info in the reveal today, including details on gameplay features and gameplay modes.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/welcome-to-college-football-25

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Man, I was hoping for actual gameplay. The video looked sweet though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Accuracy level: 100%

https://x.com/cfbrep/status/1791485262813413823?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't see Northwestern's soccer field with expanded bleachers in this trailer. Interesting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol the Pitt Turnover Dunk made it into the trailer

Maybe there's a Xort easter egg