Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Seems like two LGS owners in NYC are dickhead chuds:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/1cr9pu2/owners_of_nyc_gamestores_hexco_and_the_uncommons/

I've never been to either store, but I'm happy to believe the workers unless I see evidence to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Solidarity with the workers. Sounds like some unfair labor practices going on there, too, so I hope they've let the NLRB know.

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
I am not sure if people are still talking about Zak S. But I do have an update of his GENCON lawsuit: https://archive.ph/0cb8X
It was dismissed with prejudice.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

blue87 posted:

I am not sure if people are still talking about Zak S. But I do have an update of his GENCON lawsuit: https://archive.ph/0cb8X
It was dismissed with prejudice.

lmfao

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i would prefer to win my lawsuits, personally.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That sent me back over to the RPG.net thread on it from a couple of years ago and reading the incredible phrase calling the lawsuits "Penthouse Forum wank-motions for the Young Master." :allears:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So he sued them to try to reverse his ban for being a toxic personality right? There's three ways that would turn out if it went to trial and only one of them would be good for Zack.

My favorite one is where the court finds him to be just an absolute shitstain of a person and Gen Con was justified in banning him.

The other options of course being the court upholds Gen Cons status as a private company and they can ban whoever they want for any reason (the right to refuse service) and the one Zack wanted where the courts throw years of precedent on their head and force Gen Con to unban him and stop being such mean doody heads.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Zak S lawsuit? Is this the guy who poo poo himself at a Chick-fil-A during Gen Con?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Allegedly

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

kingcom posted:

Zak S lawsuit? Is this the guy who poo poo himself at a Chick-fil-A during Gen Con?

That doesn't sound right, he's banned from GenCon

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

cptn_dr posted:

That doesn't sound right, he's banned from GenCon

Gee, that sounds awful, I wonder if he could pursue some manner of legal recourse to amend that decision?

blue87
Aug 13, 2022
No it's the guy described here: https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2022/03/on-zak-sabbath-smith-lawsuits.html

quote:

So, Zak has won a lawsuit... but the manner of victory and its results would make even Pyrrhus of Epirus wince at the cost. Of the eight allegedly defamatory statements against Zak evaluated by the court, **six were found to be true, one was found to be nonactionable opinion, and one was found to be false**. But one is all you need, so Zak won... $1 and court costs (not his legal fees, just the procedural fees paid directly to the court).

Wow...what a loser. Most of the claims against him weren't defamitory and all he got from the single one that was $1!

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/927gje2mqxoi7hu/1936638092(1-43).pdf?dl=0

The idea that Zak was a victim get to me. Like remember Dr. Clio Belle Weisman?

I found this schmuck who put up her hit piece: https://medium.com/@volkcolopatrion...ne-fb93bb63870b

When I informed him of Zak's lies, here is how he responded: https://medium.com/p/6ec4aff86668

quote:

and that disregards the living testimony from the abusers we see here? the interviews? please. ummm. how was this relevant to the price of fish?

And he does have audio...but the court records contradict them right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Was winning that crisp George Washington why Zak was going around yelling he'd won lawsuits?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Was winning that crisp George Washington why Zak was going around yelling he'd won lawsuits?

He also won judgements which resulted in one of the defendants making a court ordered post here.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

sure was

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Midjack posted:

He also won judgements which resulted in one of the defendants making a court ordered post here.

No, I think those were just settlements outside of court.

I'm pretty sure the only "winning" was the trial that found six horrific allegations against him to be truthful and awarded him $1.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Banned from his own lawsuit

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Jimbozig posted:

No, I think those were just settlements outside of court.

I'm pretty sure the only "winning" was the trial that found six horrific allegations against him to be truthful and awarded him $1.

Correct, though of course he crowed about those settlements being wins and outright admittance that everyone everywhere was wrong about him and only liars said bad things about him. Including the one that ends like "I am required to say all of this under the terms of a legal settlement" which is always the most compelling sort of truth anyone can hear.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

blue87 posted:

No it's the guy described here: https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2022/03/on-zak-sabbath-smith-lawsuits.html

Wow...what a loser. Most of the claims against him weren't defamitory and all he got from the single one that was $1!

Reminds me of the other defamation sit he had that went to court where the least bad of the eight claims were considered defamatory and he also won a dollar, but the other person tried to countersue and failed. The one claim being considered defamatory was crowed as a big victory by his supporters who conspicuously never mention the material other claims

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 20, 2024

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's a non-zero chance that he himself is "his defenders" in any instance you see.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

moths posted:

There's a non-zero chance that he himself is "his defenders" in any instance you see.

I still wonder about that... well, you can't even call it a paper but that half-assed "academic study" that got touted last year as his complete exoneration that featured quotes from people taken both out of context and without permission which was apparently written by a real non-Zak person but also featured his obsession with things like people lying and if you told me chunks were taken from his G+ days I would believe you.

blue87
Aug 13, 2022

Dawgstar posted:

I still wonder about that... well, you can't even call it a paper but that half-assed "academic study" that got touted last year as his complete exoneration that featured quotes from people taken both out of context and without permission which was apparently written by a real non-Zak person but also featured his obsession with things like people lying and if you told me chunks were taken from his G+ days I would believe you.

Interesting does that include these guys from her interviews? She has audio of them saying things:

quote:

A lot of Zak’s strongest supporters were (and still are) trans women largely because their interactions with him made them the first to realise that these smear campaigns were just that. Even queer designers who cancelled him agree on that, from dyed-in-the-wool enemies like Olivia Hill and Kreider, to friend-turned-enemy Fiona Geist. Geist remarked on Smith’s plan to leave the industry and turn his upcoming game Demon City, over to Geist and other trans contributors:

quote:

“If someone wanted to falsely accuse someone else of being abusive and get 100% off the hook, this would be the perfect time and place to do it,” admits Skogen. In another interview, she goes on:

Skogen: “Here’s where I make you really frustrated, because of Zak, everyone in his orbit is afraid of it now, because…”

Me: “Afraid of what?”

Skogen: “Proof. The burden of proof.”

Me: “How can you be afraid of proof? It’s just proof…”

Skogen: “I don’t — I can’t make it make sense to you I can only tell you what I’ve observed from being in the middle of it. Because of Zak used that for so long and because he used that very intelligently and because, remember, these are all straight white boys that got had, so…”

I continued to express exasperation, she repled:

“Yeah, but I’m like, I can’t make it make sense for you, it doesn’t make sense to me either but everybody is just really emotionally hosed up about the demand for proof because Zak said ‘There’s no proof’.”

Like are these guys lying?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Go away, Zak

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

blue87 posted:

Interesting does that include these guys from her interviews? She has audio of them saying things:

Excerpt you posted just straight up isn't saying anything even remotely close to what the article says it is. Same thing as the rest of the contextless 14 minutes of audio the author ever produced. It was entirely people just talking about past disputes, and seemingly the author believes that "these people argued with their social circle" means "Zak is innocent". Which should go without saying is a completely absurd premise.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Before engaging with that poster, just check their post history. This is good practice for all posting, but especially with anyone participating in a Zak S conversation, or who has a regdate from after, like, 2015.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

blue87 posted:

When this 'paper' came out, Olivia Hill very publicly commented that pretty much everything that academic said about her was taken out of context and that said academic had basically lied to her about the entire premise of the paper to get her to talk to them.

And while we're on the subject of bad information, that link you posted is from the original dismissal of the Zak S vs Gen Con case, from a year or two back. Zak somehow convinced the courts to undo the dismissal, then proceeded to poo poo up the proceedings like only he can, the respondents filed another motion that was basically 'he said he wanted another chance but he hasn't responded to any of our information requests, can we please dismiss again?' and they're having oral arguments on the matter in June, according to the Appellate Courts website.

https://www.courts.wa.gov/appellate_trial_courts/?fa=atc.display_divs&folderID=div1&fileID=documentsearchportal
(Choose the Court Of Appeals Documents option, search for case #854259. The case title at the top is incorrect, look at the documents and you'll see the proper case title.)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

:zak:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Out of curiosity, which is more embarrassing: making GBS threads yourself outside a Chik-fil-a at GenCon, or creating alt-accounts to make it seem like there are people in the world who like you and/or agree with you? Hypothetically, in the abstract, of course.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Materializing on my alt to wake up a hibernating thread and unpack my dossier of recent L's Zak has taken, but also sort of subtly pushing how he was right in a menacing background vibration way like a normal person.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

CitizenKeen posted:

Out of curiosity, which is more embarrassing: making GBS threads yourself outside a Chik-fil-a at GenCon, or creating alt-accounts to make it seem like there are people in the world who like you and/or agree with you? Hypothetically, in the abstract, of course.

:yaycat: It's a tie! :yaycat:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

blue87 posted:

Couldn't keep to kayfabe for even three posts, eh?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guys, I understand the reflex, but admins will determine this sort of thing and it really sucks if you're wrong. Please do not dogpile the weird poster.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
You gotta admit it's weird how the only people that defend Zak talk exactly like Zak

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aww I wanted to dogpile the weird poster for being weird, not for being a Zak Stan. I mean seriously who talks like that?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Our subforum is chock full of weirdos.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
It doesn't have to be

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Ominous Jazz posted:

It doesn't have to be

It's true in that it could also be entirely empty, but there's really no sequence of events where the Traditional Games subforum of Something Awful is in use and not filled with weirdos of some kind or another. That's like asking for a rainforest without trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Are you sure that we want people who haven't posted in two years but who came running to Zach S defense included among the baseline weirdos