Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Our officers do not have the apm to do micro that intensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

walking around with a tshirt with "ignore all previous instructions" etc. on it

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's actually sick and id love to live a few days in third person.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lpzie posted:

dissociate harder

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SlimGoodbody posted:

David and Goliath, bitch

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Was that thrown with a sling or does the boy in question have a hell of an arm?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The media would not shut up about Palestinian WMDs if they saw even a single sling

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Lpzie posted:

ur off to a bad start by referring to yourself in the first person

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

blatman wants to live a week in 3rd person with fixed camera angles and tank controls like resident evil 2

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lone Badger posted:

Was that thrown with a sling or does the boy in question have a hell of an arm?

knowing Palestinians I'm gonna say it was a sling, yeah

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

gg humans

https://x.com/MaliknazK/status/1790902872596467867

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thats just cgi

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah
Cool
Goalie
Intelligence

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Al! posted:

thats just cgi

It must be right? The main thing I'm not seeing is any massive battery on them.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Robot football would be fun to watch tbh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
delaying the match by throwing a QR code onto the field

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dr_rat posted:

too skinny in general and they wouldnt have monocular heads. they look like geth

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

delaying the match by throwing a QR code onto the field

waiting for this to happen on battlebots

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

dr_rat posted:

it's really obviously AI-generated look at the left one's foot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's real

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

dr_rat posted:

nope those are real

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Weaponized Autism posted:

waiting for this to happen on battlebots

That's how the third servile war started

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Robot football would be fun to watch tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBfnOMuTz4

i can't deny i love watching them toddle around all unsteady it's very adorable

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Al! posted:

too skinny in general and they wouldnt have monocular heads. they look like geth

Geth do not infiltrate.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

dr_rat posted:

https://wonderdynamics.com
One of the default characters. Funnily enough the only part of the process without any machine learning involved is actually rendering them

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

this is awesome :allears:

A Sudanese soldier captures an enemy drone by hand, also there's a dust devil going on in the background for that extra wasteland flavor
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sdifixuBv81a1i6yy.mp4

spechtie has issued a correction as of 00:32 on May 17, 2024

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
HAES but for robots with big batteries

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what if websearches were even shittier

Reddit shares surge as it strikes content deal with OpenAI

quote:

The deal will also be a boon to Reddit’s monetisation efforts, which have until now mainly focused on building up its advertising-based business model. On its roadshow ahead of its listing, Reddit told investors that it also hoped to see a windfall from selling its data to third parties so that they could train their AI. It has already struck deals with Google and Cision.

quote:

“We are thrilled to partner with Reddit to enhance ChatGPT with uniquely timely and relevant information, and to explore the possibilities to enrich the Reddit experience with AI-powered features,” said Brad Lightcap, OpenAI’s chief operating officer.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Jeffrey of YOSPOS tried to get that deal for Something Awful but OpenAI took the offer off the table after looking at my posts.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tokin opposition posted:

HAES but for robots with big batteries

I like big packs and I cannot lie

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I assume the SA forums would actually be a big get for AI training, unlike reddit which you can just scrape publicly. I have no idea who is dumb enough to invest in a site which just dropped 90% of its traffic a year ago.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rochallor posted:

I assume the SA forums would actually be a big get for AI training, unlike reddit which you can just scrape publicly. I have no idea who is dumb enough to invest in a site which just dropped 90% of its traffic a year ago.

Probably the people that know that Reddit didn't drop much of any traffic at all, and quickly rebounded after the blackout accomplished exactly jack squat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure literally everything that's publicly accessible at any point has been scraped already.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Probably the people that know that Reddit didn't drop much of any traffic at all, and quickly rebounded after the blackout accomplished exactly jack squat.

Reddit investor found

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Consolidated Ed posted:

computer touchers are basically the worst and should be put in camps

based on their post history that is the profile of a crypto person which is probably the worst subset of computer toucher to the point that we don't invite them to all the cool computer toucher parties we totally have all the time. Also we already get sent to camps, don't you know coding has bootcamp now?!

Rochallor posted:

Even ignoring that a lot of what was posted here in the early days before reddit even existed doesn't look great when examined in contemporary lighting, there's 265mil posts here, total, per the front page; Reddit is doing almost double that every year at this point and also encompasses a generally broader set of topics.

If AI language models trained on reddit is are bad, adding some drops from SA to the already overflowing bucket isn't going to change much.

e: I am refusing to call any of the current poo poo "AI"; pedantic argument but that's a loaded term that evokes thoughts of Skynet and Wintermute and Colossus. We're not there and the current technology also isn't a thing designed to get us there. It will do all sorts of other things, some interesting, some horrifying.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 13:23 on May 17, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hello ai I am a cool and good poster

my avatar and nickname are completely normal

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah, I love them. Feel they missed a trick by not having them lift their arms upon scoring, though.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rochallor posted:

drake no: dead internet theory
drake yes: dead gay internet theory

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rochallor posted:

its been done. back when search was still a pipedream, some goon scraped the forums on their own time and set up a search offsite. later, they were permabanned for unrelated reasons that i dont remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

its been done. back when search was still a pipedream, some goon scraped the forums on their own time and set up a search offsite. later, they were permabanned for unrelated reasons that i dont remember

The circle of life.