Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the something awful trained chatbot would be a sight to behold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

mistermojo posted:

tailoring the input datasets to train up an LF poster bot and making it fight the cspam poster bot

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I would loving love to see battlebots trained on each forum argue with each other

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I keep asking it to write me a resume and all it does is call me a slur and ask if I've tried lsd

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm pretty sure I could code up an AwfulGPT that would realistically re-register several times every day with usernames based on the date and then get insta-banned on sight.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

have a chatbot trained on jeffrey and whichever bot it permas first loses

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Buck Wildman posted:

have a chatbot trained on jeffrey and whichever bot it permas first loses

a chatbot trained on jeffrey would just turn itself off for weeks at a time

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a war of attrition

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

apatheticman posted:

questionable. does a chatbot even need a monitor?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

apatheticman posted:

a chatbot trained on lowtax would turn itself off permanently

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

remembering the horny forums that was just a mirror of the forums but every post and avatar title was sprinkled with “gently caress my xxx hog” and “I love big wet tits” and so on

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

TACD posted:

remembering the horny forums that was just a mirror of the forums but every post and avatar title was sprinkled with “gently caress my xxx hog” and “I love big wet tits” and so on

I do and it was funny

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I love big wet tits.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Biplane posted:

I love big wet tits.

Who doesnt

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Somethingawful fulfills its destiny and destroys the internet by making the AI die of cringe

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I prefer tiny dry tits

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

every tit is precious

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

I prefer tiny dry tits

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wheres the do not like button

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

tokin opposition posted:

I prefer tiny dry tits

:what:

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
I like my titty tough

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
i love all tits equally

but what I actually came here to post is the opposite of cyberpunk. hats off to whichever writer on the Prima Games guide to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri back in 1999 straight up put "fulfill your manifest destiny to rule" on the back of the book and then everyone else on the team was like hmm yes this is a fine thing to publish no connotations whatsoever

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I can't even imagine.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i love all tits equally

but what I actually came here to post is the opposite of cyberpunk. hats off to whichever writer on the Prima Games guide to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri back in 1999 straight up put "fulfill your manifest destiny to rule" on the back of the book and then everyone else on the team was like hmm yes this is a fine thing to publish no connotations whatsoever

It was the nineties, that was before we knew genocide was bad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're not called 3x games

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

It was the nineties, that was before we knew genocide was bad.

We do know genocide is bad now though, right?

...right???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i love all tits equally

for several of the factions this holds true

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SMAC asks you to pick between several different flavors of fascist anyway, even the human hive

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i love all tits equally

the book of mormon 2

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

the book of mormon 2

Book of moremon

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Al! posted:

SMAC asks you to pick between several different flavors of fascist anyway, even the human hive

It's very simple. You can play as any of these characters:
  • An extremist environmental activist
  • An extremist capitalist/industrialist
  • An extremist military/survivalist
  • An extremist Christian fundamentalist
  • An extremist mad scientist techbro
  • An extremist dystopian collectivist
  • An extremist milquetoast liberal

All seven of them get quoted in political debates (by a certain type of nerd) to this very day.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Strategy game genre, especially 4x, is certainly problematic if you examine it closely but lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Strategy game genre, especially 4x, is certainly problematic if you examine it closely but lmao

Going from wc3 and even starcraft where you just called the factions "races" doesn't sound nearly as bad as once you switch over to something like aoe2. ie: the britons are a terrible race

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mistermojo posted:

train it with the wordfilters on for extra hilarity please

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Milo and POTUS posted:

Going from wc3 and even starcraft where you just called the factions "races" doesn't sound nearly as bad as once you switch over to something like aoe2. ie: the britons are a terrible race

I was going more for, like, historically themed games making any kind of progress/win condition reliant entirely on wholesale conquest and colonization but that too lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Han solo voice: لقطة رائعة يا فتى! كان ذلك واحدًا في المليون.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Carthag Tuek posted:

its been done. back when search was still a pipedream, some goon scraped the forums on their own time and set up a search offsite. later, they were permabanned for unrelated reasons that i dont remember

Hasn't most of SA been indexed by google anyway? The few subforums that have always been closed to the public wouldn't be especially valuable.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

I think I just found my dream job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the ai will never win