Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
why do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apparatchik Magnet
Sep 25, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing I’ve seen has yet convinced me Scott Adams is bad.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Apparatchik Magnet posted:

Nothing I’ve seen has yet convinced me Scott Adams is bad.
I mean I could just link you to his twitter feed.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I was going to post this in thr Gilberg thread, but OP closes it.

This comic in the paper sucked. I never read the paper, so it was weird to come across a boomer comic in real life.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

this thread is pathetic. oh no i can't believe the guy who writes a stupid comic book is an right wing idiot!! who gives a loving poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

A human heart posted:

this thread is pathetic. oh no i can't believe the guy who writes a stupid comic book is an right wing idiot!! who gives a loving poo poo

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

A human heart posted:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Katt, do you read anything else than comic books and warhams?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I think that Katt mostly reads Twitter.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
"all of these threads are garbage that no one cares about" i write as i hit the post button in one of them yet again

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ChubbyChecker posted:

Katt, do you read anything else than comic books and warhams?

Hey the only thing you read and offered input on in the last couple of months are my posts so whatever low bar you got set for warhammer you obviously couldn't even get that high. How about contributing an author or two yourself? :v:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Can't believe the lovely person/author thread wants to talk about a lovely person/writer who's in every USA house/grocery/cafe with a newspaper.

Shocking.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

A human heart posted:

edit: to add to the thread, at least the earlier discussion hasn't implied you should stop reading just because you disagree with their views or whatever. it's not really that big of a shocker that some old soon-to-be-senile bloke is a republican/conservative

ulvir fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 30, 2019

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Scott Adams has built up quite the body count in this thread!

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Bilirubin posted:

Scott Adams has built up quite the body count in this thread!

Don’t think he hasn’t killed before.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I just started reading Clive Barker. Is he cool?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
if you're an edgy teenager in 1987 yeah he whips

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
results are inconclusive

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

chernobyl kinsman posted:

if you're an edgy teenager in 1987 yeah he whips

hahaha it just couldnt be that simple "no" could it

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
no

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i was underhandly tricked into reading the bonfire genre crit thread where a good chunk of people still hold on to what i've been calling "the miasma theory of ethics" and i could feel myself mere moments from writing several unhinged paragraphs

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

do it you coward

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

CestMoi posted:

do it you coward

i think i just need to find the right father brown monologue lol

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

CestMoi posted:

do it you coward

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CestMoi posted:

do it you coward

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The Mishima miasma like it

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Tree Goat posted:

"the miasma theory of ethics" and i could feel myself mere moments from writing several unhinged paragraphs

Well you have to write the paragraphs because I have no idea what you're talking about

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

cda posted:

Well you have to write the paragraphs because I have no idea what you're talking about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miasma_theory

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

A human heart posted:

CestMoi posted:

do it you coward

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
last night i dreamt that dilbert died. months later the newspapers were still running Dilbert comics, but they were just three empty panels

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

last night i dreamt that dilbert died. months later the newspapers were still running Dilbert comics, but they were just three empty panels

So an improvement

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

deep

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Not sure if he belongs in this thread because he isn't a writer of sunday morning comic strips or anything but this dude seems pretty bad

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/world/europe/gabriel-matzneff-pedophilia-france.html

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Unlike every single French writer since WWII, this guy's a pedophile. OK.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
David and Leigh Eddings were absolutely horrific child abusers.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah that was really messed up. I'm amazed it didn't come out until they were both dead.

On the other hand, locking kids in cages and torturing them is now a qualification for high political office. They died before either could run for President.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

Well they were fantasy authors.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Darth Walrus posted:

I remember that I used to be really into his Belgariad and following series but I quit when he kept going in the direction of "The heroes are all smart, clever and kind of clones of earlier characters while the villains kind of started stupid and devolved into severely mentally challenged."

I'm about to read Jack Carr's third book and while he's a bit right wing, I'm really hoping he doesn't turn out to enjoy raping puppies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Douglas Adams

Four the crime of dying too soon.