Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWF Superstars 8/13/94:

"I don't care about buffalo breath." - Jerry Lawler on Tatanka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWF Superstars 7/16/94:

"Let me remind you that Tatanka, like all redskins[, 'native americans'<said sarcastically>, he speaks with a forked tongue." - Jerry Lawler on Tatanka

"I'll remember that. - Jim Ross

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWF Superstars 7/23/94:

"I know the Million Dollar Man is not an Indian giver. I know he didn't give the money and then take it back." - Jerry Lawler

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

USWA Challenge 5/1/90:

"My Dirty White Boys. We're coming here for one reason and that's to win the USWA tag team titles from those female impersonators, The Southern Rockers." - Ronnie P Gossett, who then trails off talking about all the welfare recipients in the crowd.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

USWA Main Events 1/7/91:

Steve Doll taunting Medicine Man:

"Embry is going down just like the woman that he is." - Medicine Man's previous partner Sheik Braddock

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy hell where do you even find USWA stuff these days?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

Youtube has some stuff ( including an edited episodic series that shows the McMemphis, which has to be seen to be believed). Plus some folks sell it on the web, I think.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

DJExile posted:

WWE uploaded 6 Challenges, 2 Main Events, and 2 GWF Presents USWA to the intl network (but not Peacock for some reason) a week or two ago.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

collocation posted:

WWE uploaded 6 Challenges, 2 Main Events, and 2 GWF Presents USWA to the intl network (but not Peacock for some reason) a week or two ago.

NBCUniversal has to clear everything first, and there's a lot more relevant wrestling to clear for Peacock than some random USWA programs.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

collocation posted:

New ones? That sounds like what was already there.

EDIT: OK, I turned on the VPN and checked. They're the same shows, but they've been cleaning up some of the old buckets and sorting things into new ones. Those were previously all under a "GWF" bucket.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 18, 2021

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

New ones? That sounds like what was already there.

EDIT: OK, I turned on the VPN and checked. They're the same shows, but they've been cleaning up some of the old buckets and sorting things into new ones. Those were previously all under a "GWF" bucket.

drat. That means I've been watching them a second time, as I forgot what happened on them since the 2015 drop. Oops.

collocation fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 18, 2021

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWE Old School MSG 2/20/84:

Pat Patterson points out that there is a sign saying "Go Back to Iran" during Iron Shiek's match.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWE Old School MSG 4/23/84:

"How do you like that, s***w?" - Wendi Richter to Princess Victoria

<..>

"She said, 'how do you like that, s***w?'" - Gorilla Monsoon, after Pat Patterson questions what was said

----------

CZW Violent By Design: Synthesized Euphoria 6/11/05:

"My rule is I don't want to be interviewed by loving f****ts. That poo poo makes me nervous." - Robbie Mireno

---

"Like I said before, he's r****ded." - Eddie Kingston on Nate Webb

---

"Maybe if Nate wasn't a r****d he'd know how to put it up." - Eddie Kingston

---

"Here comes your favorite wrestler." - Eric G.

"Yeah, the r****d." - Eddie Kingston, regarding Nate Webb

---

"I'm not gonna let some f****t like you come into the company that I put on the mat and take a strap from me." - Ruckus, in reference to his challenger Sexxxy Eddy

---

"I thought he was gone when used to play uh the f*g with that other guy who used to work here in the late 90's. Well I think he was a f*g, I'm not sure." - Zandig regarding Robbie Mireno

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

collocation posted:

WWE Old School MSG 4/23/84:

"How do you like that, s***w?" - Wendi Richter to Princess Victoria

<..>

"She said, 'how do you like that, s***w?'" - Gorilla Monsoon, after Pat Patterson questions what was said

i'm lost

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

i'm lost

Googled her, and here's how she dressed when she was in the WWF, as one half of the WWF Women's Tag Team Champs.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Oh dear.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Googled her, and here's how she dressed when she was in the WWF, as one half of the WWF Women's Tag Team Champs.

ohhhhhhhhh i know what the word was now

that's pretty bad!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i still don't know what the word is

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

i still don't know what the word is

Good. May you never be aware of it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s squaw

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

collocation posted:

CZW Violent By Design: Synthesized Euphoria 6/11/05:

"My rule is I don't want to be interviewed by loving f****ts. That poo poo makes me nervous." - Robbie Mireno

---

---

---

"Here comes your favorite wrestler." - Eric G.

"Yeah, the r****d." - Eddie Kingston, regarding Nate Webb

---

"I'm not gonna let some f****t like you come into the company that I put on the mat and take a strap from me." - Ruckus, in reference to his challenger Sexxxy Eddy

---

"I thought he was gone when used to play uh the f*g with that other guy who used to work here in the late 90's. Well I think he was a f*g, I'm not sure." - Zandig regarding Robbie Mireno

I know it was the style of the time but loving hell I cringe at just how often those two words were used while I was growing up. It was just so... normal to call people those things and nobody would give a poo poo.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I haven't been watching much retro wrestling lately, but I did catch an ROH show.

ROH 6/12/05 The Future Is Now:

Jamie Noble finds another way to wear the confederate flag to the ring for his match with Homicide:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I also just finished a Raw.

Raw 6/13/05

"I I see s**d people." - Steve Austin, referencing a 6 year old movie after refusing to shake Hassan's hand

Austin uses Hassan's head covering:

A fan's Hassan sign:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

collocation posted:

I also just finished a Raw.

Raw 6/13/05

"I I see s**d people." - Steve Austin, referencing a 6 year old movie after refusing to shake Hassan's hand

Austin uses Hassan's head covering:

A fan's Hassan sign:

Shid?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sand, presumably

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SG Bamboo posted:

Sand, presumably

Oh jeez! Pretend I posted the head smacking gif for not getting it

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

This was otherwise a pretty amazing show.

ROH Death Before Dishonor 6/18/05:

"<unintelligible, might have been "come on"> you stupid Mexicans" - CM Punk to the very small crowd during an FIP bonus from 2004 at the end of the dvd

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

I know it was the style of the time but loving hell I cringe at just how often those two words were used while I was growing up. It was just so... normal to call people those things and nobody would give a poo poo.

Couldn't agree more. I remember in High School in the 90s those were just the go to insults and now I wouldn't imagine saying it

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

collocation posted:

CZW Violent By Design: Synthesized Euphoria 6/11/05:---

---

It's legitimately SHOCKING how common the usage for this word was, and for how long. I don't remember when people started to try to phase it out, but it's in some PG movies, and every single time it comes up it's jarring. I'm not excusing Eddie, but it wouldn't have been weird to hear at all at the time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

punchdaily posted:

It's legitimately SHOCKING how common the usage for this word was, and for how long. I don't remember when people started to try to phase it out, but it's in some PG movies, and every single time it comes up it's jarring. I'm not excusing Eddie, but it wouldn't have been weird to hear at all at the time.

I gave the 2005 Tim Burton version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory another go a few weeks ago (Still sucks!) and Mike Teevee drops it within 30 seconds of first appearing on-screen. The film is working very hard to establish Mike as an awful, crude child, very quickly, but it was still jarring.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I gave the 2005 Tim Burton version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory another go a few weeks ago (Still sucks!) and Mike Teevee drops it within 30 seconds of first appearing on-screen. The film is working very hard to establish Mike as an awful, crude child, very quickly, but it was still jarring.

Yeah, the R word was the go-to insult for edgy kids for a looonnng drat time, and it fell in that kinda middle ground where it didn't sound childish but also didn't need a swear word so it popped up a LOT from like the mid-80s until around 2010 or so.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Joe's debut was great, but I don't think Scott knows what a general is.

TNA Slammiversary 6/19/2005

"When you think of great generals, you think of Stalin, you think of Hitler, and you think of Mussolini, and when it comes to professional wrestling, you think of D'amore." - Scott D'amore

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

collocation posted:

"When you think of great generals, you think of Stalin, you think of Hitler, and you think of Mussolini, and when it comes to professional wrestling, you think of D'amore." - Scott D'amore

I doubt he was going for this but an egomaniacal narcissist using Great Man Theory to try to put himself over is kinda cool.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

punchdaily posted:

it phased out early 2010s, which sounds like "only that recently?" but yes you can find podcasts and hell lets plays from epople who these days would now be labelled bleeding hearts and never say a thing using it without pause until about a decade ago

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

collocation posted:

this isnt even bigotry this is just hilarious

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

It's more like what I referred to in the 2003 version of the thread: bigotry-adjacent, in that matters pertaining to Hitler are, at minimum, adjacent to the topic of bigotry. In this case, it's calling Hitler great at something, which is awkward, but it's in character, and it works for a deluded heel, in that y'know, Hitler was a really really poo poo general. I wouldn't say that D'amore did anything wrong.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Raw 6/20/05:

"I have been laughed at. I have been spat on. I have been tied to a post where Daivari gives me spanking. Oh Glorious spankings." - Cena imitating Hassan's complaints

Cena didn't mind gaybaiting back then, but he was actually savvier than Stone Cold, and resisted getting racist, while still undercutting Hassan and his complaints.

"These people don't hate you 'cause you're Arab American, they hate you because you rear end in a top hat American." - Cena

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lid posted:

it phased out early 2010s, which sounds like "only that recently?" but yes you can find podcasts and hell lets plays from epople who these days would now be labelled bleeding hearts and never say a thing using it without pause until about a decade ago

yeah. if my memory is correct, "it's always sunny in philiadelphia" bleeped out the "r" word in an episode with the r word in the title well after the fact on reruns. the show used the "c" word uncensored a couple weeks back like 3 times in the span of 2 sentences.

not to excuse my past use of it either, but it was super common at least in my old millennial cohort. just like calling things "gay" as a pejorative, which I also am guilty of as well, though I stopped that earlier

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I remembered the Mexicools from around the time I was not watching much but still reading wrestling news, but I didn't remember how loving weird their debut was.

6/23/06 Smackdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ_38p_CAMk

(Just to be clear, the (likely) bigoted people involved in this sketch were the writers and Vince. The wrestlers didn't say anything that they should be criticized over. The whole thing was just entirely loving weird and off conceptually.

I will sometimes be quoting people who weren't being bigoted or saying something bigoted when it's germane to the topic in general, but I will probably drop this disclaimer in future posts after a bit. I just want to be clear I'm not making GBS threads on these guys.)

"What about us? What about the Mexican? Look at us you gringos. You are <unintelligible>. Yeah. Yeah gringos. You always look at us like a degraded thing. You know. You always degrade us. Even our own president degrade us y'know. But you know we are not just about the dairy<?> stuff you know about just washing toilet. We are not just about crossing the river." - Juvy

"EXCUSE ME" - Psychosis

"We also have a what is that bro<?>?" - Juvy

"The Mexican Limo 2005!" - Psychosis

"Mexican Limo <as he points at the lawnmower>. You see. We are Mexicans. Come on. Laugh about us. You know. This is the beginning. This is our statement. Now things are going to change. We are tired to be working for you. Now you gringos are going to be working for us. Yeah. Yeah. We're gonna take over Smackdown. We're gonna take over America. We're gonna take over the cruiserweight division. Because we are not Mexican. We are Mexicools" - Juvy with Super Crazy and Psicosis joining in on the last word

"Mexicools!" - Juvy

"Did they just say Mexicools? Yeah he said Mexicools." - Michael Cole

"Mexicools?" - Taz

"Can somebody explain to me what's going on around here?" - Cole

"What's a Mexicool? What's that? I know what a Mexican is. I don't know what a Mexicool is." - Taz

---

(JBL, on the other hand, is, as usual, an rear end in a top hat.)

"Can you explain to him in English hip hop or whatever he understands?" - JBL to Benoit regarding Booker T

collocation fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Just imagine being a 15 year old Mexican kid at this time. Excited that a group of legendary luchadors are in the WWE.

Then this.